D

Deleted member 6794

I would be a lot more comfortable at CB starting the season with:
  1. King
  2. Williams
  3. DRC/Breeland/Breux
  4. House
  5. Rookie

I wouldn't the Packers signing both Breeland and Breaux.

It would seem that their meetings with Breeland and Breaux might have been intended to keep communication open in case they come away from the draft without the help they want.

I haven't heard anything about the Packers having met with Breeland.

The packers need a impact player on D in this draft! The 2018 draft class is deep at CB. With that said, I’d trade up & grab Roquan Smith ILB Georgia! Pair this beast up w/ Martinez in Pettine’s new D & the packers would be set w a dynamic duo at ILB! Smith is a sound, tackling machine! I see Ray Lewis in this kid! Getting strong in the front 7 is key! A consistent pass rush helps out your secondary. Having LBs that can cover backs & TEs is vital in today’s game! Smith can disrupt a passing GM w/ his quickness & can hit! Ted traded to get back in the first round to draft Clay Matthews! And that was a good move that helped win SB 45! Smith could be that player for GB that could help transcend the team back to winning the franchises 5th & Rodgers 2nd Super Bowl! WITH THE 9th PICK in the 2018 NFL DRAFT the GREEN BAY PACKERS SELECT...ROQUAN SMITH, LB , GEORGIA! Trade that red Georgia “G” for a Green Bay Packers “G”✌

I wouldn't mind the Packers ending up selecting Smith in the first round but in my opinion the team has more pressing needs to address first.

Now if internally, the FO thinks enough of Allison, Yancey, and Clark to want to let that situation play out and see if they have their #2 WR on the roster already, then I think you can turn your attention to an eventual replacement of Cobb-- someone like Miller or Kirk.

With the Packers reportedly having been interested in several free agents wide receivers I highly doubt the front office is keen on entering the season with Allison, Yancey or Clark starting opposite of Adams.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Besides Miller, I can't help but be curious about the size and speed of EQ St. Brown. He has such a high ceiling that he's worth the risk on day 2. If we're looking at late round wide receivers, I'd love to take a look at Wims(UGA) or Watson(PSU).

I really like EQ Brown. Had he declared for the draft last year, he may have been a top 5 WR and taken early. Instead he played another year with a sub-standard QB at Notre Dame and his numbers were down, but mainly because his targets were down. He still averaged 15.6 yds/catch compared to 16.6 in 2016 when DeShone Kizer was his QB.

If this guy gets into the weight room and adds some valuable muscle, I think he has a very high ceiling, especially at 6' 5" tall, 21 years old, really good route runner and decent speed for a guy his size.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like EQ Brown. Had he declared for the draft last year, he may have been a top 5 WR and taken early. Instead he played another year with a sub-standard QB at Notre Dame and his numbers were down, but mainly because his targets were down. He still averaged 15.6 yds/catch compared to 16.6 in 2016 when DeShone Kizer was his QB.

If this guy gets into the weight room and adds some valuable muscle, I think he has a very high ceiling, especially at 6' 5" tall, 21 years old, really good route runner and decent speed for a guy his size.

He definitely has the ability to put on muscle, his dad was a professional weightlifter. The questions with him are his passion to play and hand strength, but he did struggle with the play calling last year and his quarterback didn't help much. Definitely has a Martavis Bryant feel to him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about the Packers having met with Breeland.

With the Packers reportedly having been interested in several free agents wide receivers I highly doubt the front office is keen on entering the season with Allison, Yancey or Clark starting opposite of Adams.

I supposed what it really was is that they were in on him before the Carolina deal and then Rotoworld reported after the deal voided that they could still have interest. I don't know if that was based on reality or pure speculation.

That is a good point on the FA targets.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I've been saying that for awhile. Now maybe the plan all along was to cut Jordy, but even before they made that move, they were supposedly talking to some of the top FA WR's and than after Jordy was cut, they had Jordan Matthews in for a visit. So unless they see an instant starter at WR in one of their draft picks or a starter in someone besides Cobb and Adams, that is currently on the team, I see them signing a starting caliber FA WR at some point.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Noticed in a picture that Landry has some Chinese symbols tattooed on his arm. Almost as original as the barbed wire ring.

Get him off our draft board.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Noticed in a picture that Landry has some Chinese symbols tattooed on his arm. Almost as original as the barbed wire ring.

Get him off our draft board.

Weren't you one of the guys wanting him? ;)

Is it this Tattoo? He stated on twitter "Carolina reppin". I'm more worried about all the damn stars.....Definite Cowboys material!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Weren't you one of the guys wanting him? ;)

Is it this Tattoo? He stated on twitter "Carolina reppin". I'm more worried about all the damn stars.....Definite Cowboys material!

I was blind to his tedious, horrible tattoos. I repent!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Alright, so I've got:

Dantés: Landry
Pokerbrat: Davenport
Amish: Davenport
Captain: Landry
Elcid: Landry
Pike: Landry
Janis: Landry
Slacker: Vea
DoURant: Landry
Jerell: Davenport
Expat: Landry

Landry: 7
Davenport: 3
Vea: 1

By my count, there are only 2 more participants who have not voted, so Landry's lead is officially out of reach.
I was blind to his tedious, horrible tattoos. I repent!

Let this be a lesson to all of you on that list....do your scouting, get those guys stripped down and read those tattoos! :coffee:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Let this be a lesson to all of you on that list....do your scouting, get those guys stripped down and read those tattoos! :coffee:

I've been mystified by the 4th round buzz on Josh Sweat. Then I heard that he has a butterfly ***** stamp. Stay away!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
See now, here is your latest guy, Isaac Yiadom Jr. Notice the arms. No ink, just a lot of good old fashioned scars and dirt from playing hard! Wait, is that a branding on the left arm? :eek:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
See now, here is your latest guy, Isaac Yiadom Jr. Notice the arms. No ink, just a lot of good old fashioned scars and dirt from playing hard! Wait, is that a branding on the left arm? :eek:

Don't bury the lede there. Look at that thing! I could build a rope swing on that limb!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've been mystified by the 4th round buzz on Josh Sweat. Then I heard that he has a butterfly ***** stamp. Stay away!

At least you clarified and said that you heard. Otherwise, some of us might have worried how you....umm gained accessed to this information. :whistling:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Granted....JJ was pick #11, but compare the 2 physiques of these guys, no comparison.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The prospects I'd love to see most in green and gold (in order of the amount of joy it would bring me, not in order of draft board ranking):

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Derwin James
Isaiah Oliver (in the 2nd)
Harold Landry (preferably a few picks later then our original position)
Jaire Alexander (ditto)
Denzel Ward
Saquon Barkley
Roquan Smith
Mike Hughes (in the 2nd)
DJ Moore (2nd)
Josh Jackson (as a late first rounder only)
Dante Pettis (3rd)
Hayden Hurst (4th)
Lorenzo Carter (2nd)

Like.... yeah. This is about the same as my list. With the exception of Hughes. For whatever reason I am not a fan. Barkley is off my list too bc it is not feasible.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Guys I Love and Guys I “Hate”*:

QB

• Love- L. Jackson, Louisville: He might have a shorter shelf life than a pocket passer, but I believe the mobility will create enough layups that he will be a good starter.
  • Hate- J. Allen, Wyoming: Everyone’s favorite player to hate on, I can’t get with the hype for a guy whose strengths aren’t that useful and whose weaknesses come at critical areas.
RB
  • Love- N. Chubb, Georgia: Big, athletic, explosive, and creates for himself. The #2 back in this class if not for an injury.
  • Hate- R. Jones, USC: A small back who doesn’t factor in the receiving game. Pass.
WR
  • Love- C. Ridley, Alabama: A rare technician who gets open and stays open at all three levels.
  • Hate- C. Sutton, SMU: Big, talented, and doesn’t know how to play the position. These guys have been bad investments in recent seasons.
TE
  • Love- I. Thomas, UI: Thomas is a better athlete and player than a few of the guys ranked ahead of him.
  • Hate- H. Hurst, SC: TE is the slowest developing position in football, where it takes the longest for guys to get comfortable and play well. Hurst will be 25 before the season starts.
OL
  • Love- W. Hernandez, UTEP: The only guy in this class with domination on tape to match Nelson and very athletic.
  • Hate- K. Miller, UCLA: Sounds like tools are going to get him drafted much higher than his skills warrant.
DL
  • Love- P. Hall, SHSU: Crazy athletic/explosive, short 3T from the FCS.
  • Hate- D. Payne, Alabama: I don’t get it. He’s a run defense first player (it’s 2018), he isn’t an elite athlete, he had like two really good games, and 1 whole TFL last year. How is this a top 20 player?
ED
  • Love- J. Sweat, Florida State: Medicals cloud his draft status but Sweat is a freaky athlete and his production was limited by his usage as more of a 5T in college.
  • Love- D. Armstrong, Kansas: Good, not great athlete with fantastic length (6’4”, 35” arms). Would be top 50 prospect had coaching staff not made him a run defense first player in 2017.
  • Love- S. Hubbard, OSU: I love me a big ol’ white boy with a great three cone.
  • Hate- J. Holland, Auburn: Small (6’1” 249) and a below average athlete. No thank you.
LB
  • Love- L. Vander Esch, BSU: I’ve got to hand it to @ThePerfectBeard, I ended up watching every game available for LVE and I absolutely love the guy. What a stud.
  • Hate- R. Evans, Alabama: Evans is light (232), especially for his height (6’3”), which is problem given that his game is predicated on massive collisions. He’s an average athlete and not great in coverage. I don’t get him in the first round.
CB
  • Love- I. Yiadom, Boston College: Yiadom is long, physical, refined in press, and athletic for his size. I love his game.
  • Love- M. Stewart, UNC: Imagine Micah Hyde with more true corner cover skills. Forty-one (41!!!) career PBU for the Tarheels. Love him in the slot.
  • Hate- C. Davis, Auburn: Fabulous press corner at the LOS, but he’s a liability if asked to play off in man or zone and he’s more likely to get a PI than an INT at the catch point.
S:
  • Love- T. Edmunds, VTU: I don’t know much about the safeties in this class but Edmunds is a total freak show like his brother (way to go Mr. and Mrs. Edmunds!), so why not.
  • Hate- K. White, WVU: Again, I’m not real up on this safety class, but keeping with the brother theme, let’s check in with Kevin’s bro, Kyzir. 4.70 forty at a pro day. Nope!
*I’m using the word “hate” as the opposite of love but I don’t actually hate all these prospects. They’re just not for me.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

QB

• Love- L. Jackson, Louisville: He might have a shorter shelf life than a pocket passer, but I believe the mobility will create enough layups that he will be a good starter.
  • Hate- J. Allen, Wyoming: Everyone’s favorite player to hate on, I can’t get with the hype for a guy whose strengths aren’t that useful and whose weaknesses come at critical areas.
RB
  • Love- N. Chubb, Georgia: Big, athletic, explosive, and creates for himself. The #2 back in this class if not for an injury.
  • Hate- R. Jones, USC: A small back who doesn’t factor in the receiving game. Pass.
WR
  • Love- C. Ridley, Alabama: A rare technician who gets open and stays open at all three levels.
  • Hate- C. Sutton, SMU: Big, talented, and doesn’t know how to play the position. These guys have been bad investments in recent seasons.
TE
  • Love- I. Thomas, UI: Thomas is a better athlete and player than a few of the guys ranked ahead of him.
  • Hate- H. Hurst, SC: TE is the slowest developing position in football, where it takes the longest for guys to get comfortable and play well. Hurst will be 25 before the season starts.
OL
  • Love- W. Hernandez, UTEP: The only guy in this class with domination on tape to match Nelson and very athletic.
  • Hate- K. Miller, UCLA: Sounds like tools are going to get him drafted much higher than his skills warrant.
DL
  • Hate- D. Payne, Alabama: I don’t get it. He’s a run defense first player (it’s 2018), he isn’t an elite athlete, he had like two really good games, and 1 whole TFL last year. How is this a top 20 player?
ED
  • Love- J. Sweat, Florida State: Medicals cloud his draft status but Sweat is a freaky athlete and his production was limited by his usage as more of a 5T in college.
  • Love- D. Armstrong, Kansas: Good, not great athlete with fantastic length (6’4”, 35” arms). Would be top 50 prospect had coaching staff not made him a run defense first player in 2017.
  • Hate- J. Holland, Auburn: Small (6’1” 249) and a below average athlete. No thank you.
LB
  • Love- L. Vander Esch, BSU: I’ve got to hand it to @ThePerfectBeard, I ended up watching every game available for LVE and I absolutely love the guy. What a stud.
  • Hate- R. Evans, Alabama: Evans is light (232), especially for his height (6’3”), which is problem given that his game is predicated on massive collisions. He’s an average athlete and not great in coverage. I don’t get him in the first round.
CB
  • Love- I. Yiadom, Boston College: Yiadom is long, physical, refined in press, and athletic for his size. I love his game.
  • Love- M. Stewart, UNC: Imagine Micah Hyde with more true corner cover skills. Forty-one (41!!!) career PBU for the Tarheels. Love him in the slot.
  • Hate- C. Davis, Auburn: Fabulous press corner at the LOS, but he’s a liability if asked to play off in man or zone and he’s more likely to get a PI than an INT at the catch point.
S:
  • Love- T. Edmunds, VTU: I don’t know much about the safeties in this class but Edmunds is a total freak show like his brother (way to go Mr. and Mrs. Edmunds!), so why not.
  • Hate- K. White, WVU: Again, I’m not real up on this safety class, but keeping with the brother theme, let’s check in with Kevin’s bro, Kyzir. 4.70 forty at a pro day. Nope!
*I’m using the word “hate” as the opposite of love but I don’t actually hate all these prospects. They’re just not for me.

These are the guys I love too. Hernandez looks absolutely dominant and is a 1st rounder. Same is true of Vander Esch IMO. We won't see these guys in rnd 2. Now what I wonder is, if Yiadom or Stewart are there at #45 and we didn't pick a DB with the the#14, should the Packers go for one of them or chance waiting to the 3rd round? Stewart is projected as a 3rd rounder by many.

D

Deleted member 6794

So unless they see an instant starter at WR in one of their draft picks or a starter in someone besides Cobb and Adams, that is currently on the team, I see them signing a starting caliber FA WR at some point.

Agreed. I fully expect Gutekunst to be active in free agency after the draft at positions which remain in need of an upgrade at that point.

Now what I wonder is, if Yiadom or Stewart are there at #45 and we didn't pick a DB with the the#14, should the Packers go for one of them or chance waiting to the 3rd round? Stewart is projected as a 3rd rounder by many.

Neither Stewart nor Yiadom are worthy of being selected in the second round.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

QB

RB
WR
TE
OL
DL
ED
LB
CB
S:

I was actually going to do something like this yesterday, but I got caught up. It's good to know where people are coming from and I might just steal your format. Nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts