Prospects You Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A guy I have been keeping my eye on is WR Antonio Callaway from Florida. He was once thought to be first round talent, but a suspension last year cost him the season and now it was just announced that he failed his drug test at the combine with a "diluted sample".

This guy might end up going undrafted and if I were the Packers, I would be holding on to a 7th round pick for him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A guy I have been keeping my eye on is WR Antonio Callaway from Florida. He was once thought to be first round talent, but a suspension last year cost him the season and now it was just announced that he failed his drug test at the combine with a "diluted sample".

This guy might end up going undrafted and if I were the Packers, I would be holding on to a 7th round pick for him.

I totally agree I'd take him as high as the 5th but if he's around in 7th gotta take him just on the chance he decides he wants to pass drug tests and make a lot of money

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wanted to leave this hear for the few that couldn't believe my LVE comparison to Urlacher.

"Sources tell me the order of the three players the Dallas Cowboys are targeting with the 19th pick is Vita Vea, Leighton Vander Esch and D.J. Moore. A report from Rotoworld yesterday stated that the Cowboys organization compared Vander Esch to Brian Urlacher."

From Tony Pauline

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wanted to leave this hear for the few that couldn't believe my LVE comparison to Urlacher.

"Sources tell me the order of the three players the Dallas Cowboys are targeting with the 19th pick is Vita Vea, Leighton Vander Esch and D.J. Moore. A report from Rotoworld yesterday stated that the Cowboys organization compared Vander Esch to Brian Urlacher."

From Tony Pauline

Tremaine Edmunds is more like urlacher but the cowboys have no shot at him

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

From Tony Pauline

It was under our noses the whole time, gang. Beard is an exec with the Cowboys organization and he paruses the Packers fan forum for clues as to what Green Bay is thinking with their picks. It all makes sense. Kudos to you for knowing who the real decision makers are for the green and gold!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was under our noses the whole time, gang. Beard is an exec with the Cowboys organization and he paruses the Packers fan forum for clues as to what Green Bay is thinking with their picks. It all makes sense. Kudos to you for knowing who the real decision makers are for the green and gold!

Just don't tell Jerry, ok? I need my job and things are rough down here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the talk about us trading up, I'm allowing myself to get a little excited about Chubb and Edmunds.
Be still my beating heart.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Unless the Packers have a "draft time trade plan" with Cleveland or Indy, that allows them to pull the trigger on a trade up if Chubb is there at #4 or #6, I think the chances of getting Chubb or pretty low. Trying to trade up to get to 1-3 is too costly IMO and even at #3, they could lose out on Chubb.

As much as I want either Ward, James or Fitz, I would be more than happy with just a small move up and one that allows us to grab R. Smith or Edmunds. I think Pettine will value one of those players a lot more than Capers/TT would have, so I can see Gute making that kind of splash in the draft.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking Chubb goes to the Giants at #2, but if he gets past there , who knows? Forgot about Smith; throw him in my list, too.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean realistically, I think we're going to be happy with whoever we pick tonight. We're in a good spot and it can only get better. If we move up for someone like James or Ward, our secondary takes a huge jump. If we move back and grab someone like LVE and then trade back into the first for a corner like Oliver or Alexander, we're still much better. I know the actual player selections with these moves will be debated, but I'm just super pumped for the draft and I don't see a way we can really mess up too bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

D

Deleted member 6794

I have a lot of faith that Adams can be a contributor, but I still hate taking Biegel over Lawson so I'm not sure I'll ever be sold on him.

The Packers should have definitely picked Lawson instead of Biegel. With the depth chart including Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson and Lowry I don't expect Adams to receive significant playing time.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers should have definitely picked Lawson instead of Biegel. With the depth chart including Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson and Lowry I don't expect Adams to receive significant playing time.

The best case scenario for Adams this year is that he flashes enough in limited opportunities to warrant consideration/development as Daniels' eventual successor.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think both Adams and Biegel have the potential to be good rotational guys. Will either of them be Pro Bowlers, probably not. At this point, I will take either of them over guys like Quinton Dial or Fackrell.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I don't think Adams and Biegel will ever be more than JAG's.

D

Deleted member 6794

The best case scenario for Adams this year is that he flashes enough in limited opportunities to warrant consideration/development as Daniels' eventual successor.

Do you really believe Adams will be able to develop into an elite defensive lineman at some point???

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you really believe Adams will be able to develop into an elite defensive lineman at some point???
Actually I do think he's still got a shot. He was injured last year and he's a third round pick. Jesus, give him some time. Defensive lineman don't develop overnight.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually I do think he's still got a shot. He was injured last year and he's a third round pick. Jesus, give him some time. Defensive lineman don't develop overnight.

I didn't mention anything about not giving Adams more time to develop. In my opinion it's unrealistic to expect him developing into an elite defensive lineman though especially as it will be extremely tough for him to receive significant playing time.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mention anything about not giving Adams more time to develop. In my opinion it's unrealistic to expect him developing into an elite defensive lineman though especially as it will be extremely tough for him to receive significant playing time.

The playing time could change with significant improvement in practice, preseason, and limited game play. He could easily contribute to a strong rotation and be Wilkerson's replacement next year if he does well. I just think it's way too early to call it either way. Let's at least wait until after this season to make any speculation on where a 2nd year DL prospect will end up on the spectrum.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I have no idea. I'm just saying that the best case scenario for him is that he shows enough to potentially develop into Daniels' successor. Daniels himself was a 4th rounder so I don't know why I would assume that Adams is a lost cause.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As long as both Adams and Biegel are fully recovered from the injuries that prevented them from participating a whole lot their rookie seasons, I think the point is, they could contribute in 2018 and beyond. 2 guys that were graded relatively high in the draft, with bodies that weren't subjected to a full season of bumps and bruises, yet spent a year in the system, learning their craft.

D

Deleted member 6794

The playing time could change with significant improvement in practice, preseason, and limited game play. He could easily contribute to a strong rotation and be Wilkerson's replacement next year if he does well. I just think it's way too early to call it either way. Let's at least wait until after this season to make any speculation on where a 2nd year DL prospect will end up on the spectrum.

Once again, don't put any words in my mouth. I'm absolutely fine with giving Adams more time to develop before evaluating him as a player.

Daniels himself was a 4th rounder so I don't know why I would assume that Adams is a lost cause.

It seems like draft day forces some terrible reading comprehension around here ;) In no way have I written off Adams as a lost cause.

Daniels being an elite player after being selected in the fourth round is an exception to the rule though.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, don't put any words in my mouth. I'm absolutely fine with giving Adams more time to develop before evaluating him as a player.

It seems like draft day forces some terrible reading comprehension around here ;) In no way have I written off Adams as a lost cause.

Daniels being an elite player after being selected in the fourth round is an exception to the rule though.

No one's putting words into your mouth man. You've said that you don't believe either Adams or Biegel will have a huge impact this year or in the future. That's essentially saying that you've already evaluated them and determined that there's no way they can be impactful players. What we are saying is, it's too early to have even come close to a conclusion or even have a fair evaluation of these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts