Prospects You Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Fumagalli in the 5th is fine. Before that, yuck.
So you wouldn't take him with the 133rd pick, but would be fine with the 138th pick? What 5 other guys at that point are you missing out on? or are you saying not until the end of the 5th round? I don't think he makes it that far.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you wouldn't take him with the 133rd pick, but would be fine with the 138th pick? What 5 other guys at that point are you missing out on? or are you saying not until the end of the 5th round? I don't think he makes it that far.

I can find a lot of players I like better than him.

Small, slow, just an ok blocker, good hands. Mehhhhhhh. Give me an inline or somebody with upside.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB Top 5:
1) Jaire Alexander
2) Denzel Ward
3) Mike Hughes
4) Josh Jackson
5) Carlton Davis/Isaiah Oliver

Quenton Meeks just outside, but he's a mid-round favorite of mine.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
@ThePerfectBeard

I was listening to a podcast and heard a rumor. Apparently a Packer scout told Tony Pauline that they’re looking at LVE as an outside linebacker for their defense. I also heard from a different source that Tennessee cancelled their visit with him because they’re convinced he will go well before they pick.

Now this might be nothing. The Packers are pretty tight lipped generally. But it would be interesting. Athletically, LVE is off the charts. So the metrics say that edge is no problem. But in terms of his field work, it would be a transition.

I imagine that part of the equation is that Pettine’s SAM linebackers are often more off-ball blitzer types than true edge pass rushers. He has used a lot of under fronts in the past where the SAM isn’t truly an edge.

In any case, it’s something I considered when I saw his metrics and find it very interesting that they might actually be looking at him that way. He would be an exciting pick.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Careful.....you will over excite Brandon! ;)

Ive stated all along that we have to get Sutton at 14 or were gonna lose him to the Cowboys. The Niners at 9 is another spot Sutton could potentially go(depends on what happens with Dez) as I see the Niners as a landing spot for him and then Gute would miss out on the "Sutton Sweepstakes"..

Its all "fun and games" until your on the clock and I believe teams are gonna have a hard time pulling the trigger on Ridley early knowing he is such a marginal athlete that also lacks size.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And a day after we hear the rumor that the Cowboys want to move up for Ridley, we read this:

It's mid April!

And the closer we get to the draft I expect more "seperation" from Ridley. :eek:

Makes perfect sense to me.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@ThePerfectBeard

I was listening to a podcast and heard a rumor. Apparently a Packer scout told Tony Pauline that they’re looking at LVE as an outside linebacker for their defense. I also heard from a different source that Tennessee cancelled their visit with him because they’re convinced he will go well before they pick.

Now this might be nothing. The Packers are pretty tight lipped generally. But it would be interesting. Athletically, LVE is off the charts. So the metrics say that edge is no problem. But in terms of his field work, it would be a transition.

I imagine that part of the equation is that Pettine’s SAM linebackers are often more off-ball blitzer types than true edge pass rushers. He has used a lot of under fronts in the past where the SAM isn’t truly an edge.

In any case, it’s something I considered when I saw his metrics and find it very interesting that they might actually be looking at him that way. He would be an exciting pick.

I heard about us converting him to pass rusher somewhere before too. I mean his 3-cone is pretty damn good which is obviously the best number for determining success for a pass rusher. I'm not saying he can't be an OLB, but it seems like an odd switch for him when there's more natural fits at the position. However, there are some sleepers at OLB and the top end of this edge class is very weak. Maybe they're considering bringing him in to see if he can translate to the position and know that worse comes to worse, they can shift him inside. Plus, I haven't watched Pettine's defense in all that much depth, but it makes sense and he could excel at that position. Either way, I've heard that he's our potential pick at #14 for a month or two now and I'd be super excited as he's absolutely one of my favorite prospects in this draft.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I heard about us converting him to pass rusher somewhere before too. I mean his 3-cone is pretty damn good which is obviously the best number for determining success for a pass rusher. I'm not saying he can't be an OLB, but it seems like an odd switch for him when there's more natural fits at the position. However, there are some sleepers at OLB and the top end of this edge class is very weak. Maybe they're considering bringing him in to see if he can translate to the position and know that worse comes to worse, they can shift him inside. Plus, I haven't watched Pettine's defense in all that much depth, but it makes sense and he could excel at that position. Either way, I've heard that he's our potential pick at #14 for a month or two now and I'd be super excited as he's absolutely one of my favorite prospects in this draft.

That could be the case-- they would see if he thrives at the more valuable position first, knowing that he has a safety net as an ILB backer if it comes to that.

I'm wondering if Gute looks at CMIII, who coming out of USC was a freak athlete who was still learning how to play his position, and thinks he can replicate that in Vander Esch.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That could be the case-- they would see if he thrives at the more valuable position first, knowing that he has a safety net as an ILB backer if it comes to that.

I'm wondering if Gute looks at CMIII, who coming out of USC was a freak athlete who was still learning how to play his position, and thinks he can replicate that in Vander Esch.

It's possible, but I think Clay was clearly a pass rusher coming out, LVE seems like a more natural Mike. Can it just be draft day already lol

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's possible, but I think Clay was clearly a pass rusher coming out, LVE seems like a more natural Mike. Can it just be draft day already lol

Yes, that's true he was.

If you want a distraction until draft day, go claim a team in my forum mock thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.