Predict the Wild Card Round

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is tough to say.

Overall I would say Aaron Jones is better

But as far as just being a "pure" running back, ala Adrian Peterson ironically, I would consider Dalvin Cook better

I think both are top 10 guys, but McCaffrey and Barkley are solidly ahead of both of them.

It certainly helped that Cook was out when we played them in their building. But we also beat them with Cook the first time around.

I also have to add, though, that first impressions have outsized influence on opinions. Cook started the season on a tear-- five of the first seven games 120+ yards from scrimmage. But he also ended the season with six straight games below 4.0 YPC-- 3.38, 3.73, 2.36, 3.22, 3.44, 3.00.

Had he started the season playing the way he did down the stretch, he wouldn't be getting as much hype.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both are top 10 guys, but McCaffrey and Barkley are solidly ahead of both of them.

It certainly helped that Cook was out when we played them in their building. But we also beat them with Cook the first time around.

I also have to add, though, that first impressions have outsized influence on opinions. Cook started the season on a tear-- five of the first seven games 120+ yards from scrimmage. But he also ended the season with six straight games below 4.0 YPC-- 3.38, 3.73, 2.36, 3.22, 3.44, 3.00.

Had he started the season playing the way he did down the stretch, he wouldn't be getting as much hype.

I still believe we have the better team as Cutler... I mean Cousins just doesn't have "it" that scares you into believing he can "win". I created a whole thread/post about that and how why I'm just not afraid of facing the Vikings.

That said, I think Cook possess significant problems as he has the speed to break the long run and the power to run over/through defenders. But Cook is injured a bit too often and misses time which is why I think his stats are not as good as they would be if he ever played a full 16 game season. I think he logged the most games of his career this year actually at 14 games.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So do I get extra points for being the only one to predict The Vikings win? I mean right now I'm 1-2 but still. XD

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sta ts also showed Aaron Jones led the league in broken tackles, although I 'm flabbergasted that Derrick Henry had less?
I think Jones is faster, but Cook is probably stronger.

Reaction score
I said that when pack beat them..with out cook packers just knew to focus on cousins...

Some here poo poo'd that idea ..

Still a chance they come back here which I mentioned last week.

And if they do come back, watch out

While I appreciate that concern. As said earlier, GB beat them both with Cook and without Cook, so they have no excuses.

If the Vikings come to Lambeau they will have to find a way to slow Aaron Jones. He just ripped their #13 ranked rushing Defense (#6 scoring D) for 23 carries for 154 yards and 2 TD’s in a US Bank Stadium dome. That’s 6.7 yards a carry. That won’t get any easier in the Frozen Tundra and it’s an absolute must they get that fixed if they want to have any chance in the harsh conditions of Lambeau field late January.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the Eagles games:

Defensively:

- DK Metcalf is a real wildcard threat, so concentrating on Lockett alone is not sufficient.
- Blake should pay extra attention to Wilson's runs.

Offensively:

- Aaron Jones is the key, both in receiving and rushing.
- TE should be given more priority here. Lots of gaps in their defence around the short/middle.

They have not been dominant at all and this is a winnable game.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the Eagles games:

Defensively:

- DK Metcalf is a real wildcard threat, so concentrating on Lockett alone is not sufficient.
- Blake should pay extra attention to Wilson's runs.

Offensively:

- Aaron Jones is the key, both in receiving and rushing.
- TE should be given more priority here. Lots of gaps in their defence around the short/middle.

They have not been dominant at all and this is a winnable game.

Right.

I think we matchup REALLY WELL with them this time around in the playoffs.

I like J'aire on Lockett and you can provide safety help with Amos/Savage on Lockett if King needs it. Also I think they're similar in height too.

The Seahawks have no running game with Carson on IR and have no real threat at TE

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was a pretty crazy wildcard weekend. While semi-predictable, it was hard to see that coming in a few of those games.

But man am I happy to see the Saints go home. I am so sick of hearing all these great things about Payton and Brees while slamming Rodgers when they have the same amount of Superbowl appearances and rings. But talk about Brees like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Most potent offense, such a great offensive minded coach and continue to fall flat in the playoffs. Time to give it a break giving these guys all the praise, especially that Cowturd guy. Keep padding your stats in your little dome. 5 losing seasons, one 8-8.

Feel for Wentz, finally plays a full season, gets beat up by the media all year but quietly had a great season and gets such a dirty hit that knocks him out of the game. I feel like he would not have gone 0-5 in the RZ, only getting 3 FGs all game. I was pulling for them, I wanted to see the Pack get some revenge on them.

D

Deleted member 6794

Anyone who doesn't consider how big of a difference maker Cook is, is an idiot. He's top 5 HB in the NFL easily, maybe even Top 3

I was one of the idiots that mentioned Cook wouldn't have made a difference in week 16 as the Packers defence dominated the LOS. BTW I still stand by that evaluation.

That said, I think Cook possess significant problems as he has the speed to break the long run and the power to run over/through defenders. But Cook is injured a bit too often and misses time which is why I think his stats are not as good as they would be if he ever played a full 16 game season. I think he logged the most games of his career this year actually at 14 games.

To be fair, this season was only Cook's third in the league.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
While I appreciate that concern. As said earlier, GB beat them both with Cook and without Cook, so they have no excuses.

If the Vikings come to Lambeau they will have to find a way to slow Aaron Jones. He just ripped their #13 ranked rushing Defense (#6 scoring D) for 23 carries for 154 yards and 2 TD’s in a US Bank Stadium dome. That’s 6.7 yards a carry. That won’t get any easier in the Frozen Tundra and it’s an absolute must they get that fixed if they want to have any chance in the harsh conditions of Lambeau field late January.
They just beat new orleans in the dome..

The best wr had how many catches?

The vik defense was missing top corner and top nickel back and drew didn't perform up to his standard.

If this viking team can beat Frisco, the packers will need to be on top of their A game

I will be very worried..

I don't want to hear about the frozen tundra. I was at the packer niner playoff game in 13 or 14? Was very cold..around 2 degrees?

Frisco won..so the tundra magic isn't what it used to be

Vikings won in gb for playoffs as well.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts