Predict the Wild Card Round

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Lets see it...

Patriots over Titans
- I just cannot bring myself to bet against Brady and Belichick at home, regardless of how putrid things have looked at times. If the Titans play a clean game and avoid mistakes and turnovers, they could most certainly win. But I'll have to believe it when I see it.

Texans over Bills
- To me, this simply comes down to me picking Watson over Allen. I think he's going to have a really great game. Buffalo is an interesting team, but they haven't been there for me to have any confidence in them. Ironically, the Texans aren't any good in the playoffs either.

Saints over Vikings
- I cannot bring myself to pick Cousins over Brees, even though the Vikings are loaded with talent. I think Cousins shrinks under the pressure of living up. Only chance the Vikings have is if Dalvin Cook has an unbelievable game. Though I'd love to be wrong here, I think the Saints will be visiting the frozen tundra on January 12.

Eagles over Seahawks
- I think the Seahawks are exploitable, and if Ertz is able to play, I really like the Eagles in this one at home. Wentz has played well lately, albeit against lesser competition. Seahawks won't be able to run the ball very effective, and they won't be able to stop Wentz' air attack.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go Titans over Pats

Texans, though every time I think the Texans are going to show well they freaking flop and lose. But i'm with you, Watson over Allen at this point. Betting my reputations on this board is about as much as i'll put on this game :)

Saints.

Earlier in the week I was Seahawks over Eagles leaning, but as we get closer i'm Eagles over Seahawks. Maybe I should make this pick later. For now I will go with Seahawks.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Titans over Patriots
Even a week ago I would have agreed with you, but the Pats continue to play badly with so much on the line. Titans are the hot team.

Bills over Texans
Watson is good but inconsistent. I remember last year Wild Card Weekend he played awful in their loss to the Colts. Also butt chin Bill O'Brien is a fraud.

Saints over Vikings
I've gone back and forth but I don't see Thielen or Rhodes turning it around. I like that Minnesota rested their guys but the Saints are better plus with home field.

Eagles over Seahawks
It's hard to win at a stadium 2 times in a season. Neither team is very good with their injuries but Seahawks aren't good enough to win twice there. Long flight from Seattle to Philly.

I am pulling for Vikings to win so we can get an overmatched Seahawks/Eagles team in the 2nd round. Heck I'm pulling for them to win @ San Fran too... Then of course demolish them in the NFC Championship game.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patriots
Texans
Saints
Seahawks

I'll go further

Packers will beat Saints
Hawks will beat 49ers
Packers will beat Hawks

Superbowl, here we come.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Patriots
Texans
Saints
Seahawks

I'll go further

Packers will beat Saints
Hawks will beat 49ers
Packers will beat Hawks

Superbowl, here we come.
This is definitely the preferred scenario.

I'd feel mighty confident playing against the Seachickens on the frozen tundra to exact our revenge for the 2014 fiasco.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buffalo
New England
Minnesota (Call it a gut feeling. I've been seeing so many people underestimating The Vikings team, and while it's expected for NO to win no problem, I just have a feeling this isn't going to go the way NO expects it to.)
Seattle.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patriots will find a way to win. I have a hard time believing Ryan Tannehill will go into Foxboro and win against Brady and Belichick.

Saints I think will win, but I don't think it'll be as easy as they hope. If Cook gets going and Cousins can get comfortable in the play action game, it could be a good game. However, I think the Saints will best them.

Texans I think win, but I won't be surprised if it is the Bills. Watson hasn't been great, Hopkins will be shadowed by White. Fuller I don't think is expected to play and the Texans run game doesn't exist. Bills could make this an ugly game and steal this.

Eagles I think shock them at the end of the game. Both injury riddled teams, Eagle's run D is solid. If they can pressure Wilson and not allow him to get to his 2nd reads, I think they can shut him down. Tall task for sure especially with how their DBs have played. Metcalf could be in for a big game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Bills @ Texans: I will take the Bills on the road. The Texans are a dramatically different offense when Will Fuller isn't healthy, and it's a long shot that he plays (and basically a given that he will be less than 100%). The Bills are 6-2 on the road this year.

Titans @ Patriots: I will take the Patriots here. The Titans are a much better team with Tannehill at QB, but I still trust Belichick and Brady to pull one out at home.

Vikings @ Saints: At this moment, I think the Saints are the best team in the NFC. I'd love for the Vikings to pull it off so that Green Bay could face the winner of the PHI/SEA game, but I just can't see it.

Seahawks @ Eagles: These two teams have been going in different directions down the stretch and I have viewed the Seahawks as being totally overrated all season. They are a measly +6 in scoring differential (not per game-- on the season; .4 points per game). The Packers scoring differential isn't even that remarkable and it's +62, for comparison. So I am taking the Eagles.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would appear I'm on an island in regards to Minnesota beating NO this Sunday. Do I get double points if they pull off the upset?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It would appear I'm on an island in regards to Minnesota beating NO this Sunday. Do I get double points if they pull off the upset?
To bolster your argument. This is the first time since week 6 all Vikings offensive starters will be starting a game together.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NE is done...

Bills 27 Texans 17
Titans 27 NE 24
New Orleans 38 Vikes 21
Seattle 27 Philly 14

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Bills @ Texans: I will take the Bills on the road. The Texans are a dramatically different offense when Will Fuller isn't healthy, and it's a long shot that he plays (and basically a given that he will be less than 100%). The Bills are 6-2 on the road this year.

Titans @ Patriots: I will take the Patriots here. The Titans are a much better team with Tannehill at QB, but I still trust Belichick and Brady to pull one out at home.

Vikings @ Saints: At this moment, I think the Saints are the best team in the NFC. I'd love for the Vikings to pull it off so that Green Bay could face the winner of the PHI/SEA game, but I just can't see it.

Seahawks @ Eagles: These two teams have been going in different directions down the stretch and I have viewed the Seahawks as being totally overrated all season. They are a measly +6 in scoring differential (not per game-- on the season; .4 points per game). The Packers scoring differential isn't even that remarkable and it's +62, for comparison. So I am taking the Eagles.
Yeah, I will make these same picks for mostly the same reasons.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have no idea who's playing in the afc.

nfc:
who I want to win: vikings. who I think will win: saints. who will win: saints
who I want to win: philly. who I think will win: seattle. who will win: seattle

playoff: who i want to win: packers. who I think will win: packers. who will win: packers. super bowl shuffle!

lock this thread!

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills vs Texans 27-17

Titans
vs Patriots 24-21

Vikings vs Saints 33-14

Seattle vs Philadelphia 27-24

Reaction score
Texans. Bills finish on a 3 game losing skid.
Patriots. Patriots D didn’t allow more than 27 points all season.

Saints. NO at home is nearly always a favorite
Seattle. They’ve beat them once at Philly. They’ll beat them again

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see the Vikings winning. I think many are sleeping in them a bit because of the past couple weeks. They’re better than they’ve looked and can beat any of these teams left.

I just went with Saints because they’re so tough to beat down there, especially when they’ll be handing out shaker bottles, whistles and duck calls to everyone with a Saints jersey. I wish the league would crack down on this BS, but I won’t hold my breath.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see the Vikings winning. I think many are sleeping in them a bit because of the past couple weeks. They’re better than they’ve looked and can beat any of these teams left.

I just went with Saints because they’re so tough to beat down there, especially when they’ll be handing out shaker bottles, whistles and duck calls to everyone with a Saints jersey. I wish the league would crack down on this BS, but I won’t hold my breath.
I too am getting weary of NFL fans acting like European soccer fans. I'm surprise they don't allow air horns and vuvuzelas. When I was watching the Packer/Queen game I turned the sound off because I can't stand the "flugle" horn and the Skol chant. Not that it did them any good!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see it...

Patriots over Titans
- I just cannot bring myself to bet against Brady and Belichick at home, regardless of how putrid things have looked at times. If the Titans play a clean game and avoid mistakes and turnovers, they could most certainly win. But I'll have to believe it when I see it.

Texans over Bills
- To me, this simply comes down to me picking Watson over Allen. I think he's going to have a really great game. Buffalo is an interesting team, but they haven't been there for me to have any confidence in them. Ironically, the Texans aren't any good in the playoffs either.

Saints over Vikings
- I cannot bring myself to pick Cousins over Brees, even though the Vikings are loaded with talent. I think Cousins shrinks under the pressure of living up. Only chance the Vikings have is if Dalvin Cook has an unbelievable game. Though I'd love to be wrong here, I think the Saints will be visiting the frozen tundra on January 12.

Eagles over Seahawks
- I think the Seahawks are exploitable, and if Ertz is able to play, I really like the Eagles in this one at home. Wentz has played well lately, albeit against lesser competition. Seahawks won't be able to run the ball very effective, and they won't be able to stop Wentz' air attack.
I cannot believe what I saw. 1st and goal on the 1 and Titans shut them down. For that matter when was the last time the Pats gave up that many yards on the ground in a playoff game? Give credit to Vraebel and his staff.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I cannot believe what I saw. 1st and goal on the 1 and Titans shut them down. For that matter when was the last time the Pats gave up that many yards on the ground in a playoff game? Give credit to Vraebel and his staff.
My favorite Vrabel moment, the delay of game penalties eating up the clock. It's so Belichick.

Members online

Latest posts