Potential Hot Take that could be too spicy for this Forum.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I dared to point out something in your post that I happen to disagree with? :roflmao: Mercy.

How many plays would you say that AR screwed up on? Besides the two times that he could have checked down to Aaron Jones, and the obvious bad pass in the dirt on 3rd down? Are we going to totally ignore the times that he actually DID check down to the running back (which was more than once)???

Mike McCarthy has a losing record too. But he obviously has nothing to do with the success or lack there of from his team.
I’m perfectly fine with you disagreeing with me. Your first very disrespectful sentence was enough to tell me that I have no reason to want to have any further discussion with you. You are now on ignore.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So yes or no did Rodgers check down more than once in the Seattle game?
He had at least 3 and arguably 4 opportunities for first downs in the second half that he ignored. Not sure what relevance your question has in regard to that fact.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He had at least 3 and arguably 4 opportunities for first downs in the second half that he ignored. Not sure what relevance your question has in regard to that fact.
Of course it’s a fact that you know for sure that he “ignored” certain receivers in certain situations. :rolleyes:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it’s a fact that you know for sure that he “ignored” certain receivers in certain situations. :rolleyes:
Okay, either he ignored them or he suddenly became incredibly stupid and blind. I'm not sure why you think his IQ suddenly bottomed out.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Okay, either he ignored them or he suddenly became incredibly stupid and blind. I'm not sure why you think his IQ suddenly bottomed out.
Why does it have to be all or none? My God even the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history don’t make the correct play every single time. You trying to tell me there’s a quarterback that’s never missed a check down? Missed an open receiver? Misjudged a route? Etc.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt Rodgers has had issues with accuracy this season. Fans should realize that his knee injury most likely has played a part in it though.

In my opinion it's utterly ridiculous to suggest he has performed at a terrible level considering he currently leads the league in attempts after 10 games and has thrown only a single interception.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Why does it have to be all or none? My God even the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history don’t make the correct play every single time. You trying to tell me there’s a quarterback that’s never missed a check down? Missed an open receiver? Misjudged a route? Etc.
I think the argument is that he never threw the ball to the back. He threw deep or away or took the sack.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he started the game seeing the field better than he finished. and i don't want anyone to get the impression I'm saying the guy stinks because i'm not.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a HUGE difference between "never missing a check down" and "missing" at least THREE in one game. Rodgers is known for his vision and quick reads and you cannot tell me that he was simply blind to his check downs that many times in one game. Most high school QBs would be able to see that Jones was open on those plays. He made an executive decision to look deep and not throw to Jones. Any QB who misses seeing a guy that wide open for first downs three times in one half doesn't belong in the NFL.

If you truly think that Rodgers didn't throw to Jones because he didn't see him all those times, then you have to believe he has no vision, a poor grasp of the offense, and no ability to read defenses and see a play as it unfolds. If that's what you believe, you should be calling for him to be cut right now.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he started the game seeing the field better than he finished. and i don't want anyone to get the impression I'm saying the guy stinks because i'm not.
I think the most reasonable conclusion is that he's simply making bad decisions. I don't think he sees anything any different than he ever has.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And there were more where he ignored it.
Ignoring them for what reason? Out of spite? Trying to make a bigger play? You think he’s intentionally doing it to the detriment of the team?

Regardless, we both seem to be dug in on this one. The only time we talk about checkdowns is when the team is losing. He misses a few in a win and nothing is mentioned.

As I’ve stated previously, we have much bigger issues than a couple of checkdowns.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
DING DING DING!
It hasn’t been a problem for 11 years but now it’s a problem. Okay. Like I said, no one’s mind gonna be changed on this one. If you really think the biggest issue with the Packers is a couple of checkdowns then I’m not sure what else can be said.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not just check downs, it's the quick passes that are anything other than a WR screen. He doesn't trust the receivers and it's taking away an entire middle of the field. It's not just his fault, not by a long shot. It is the larger problem this offense is facing overall. But even first half, the ball came out quicker, there was more of a balance. Even if it wasn't run heavy, Jones was involved and they had to account for all parts of the field on defense. By the 2nd half it seems sidelines and deep were all they had to worry about on defense.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
it's not just check downs, it's the quick passes that are anything other than a WR screen. He doesn't trust the receivers and it's taking away an entire middle of the field. It's not just his fault, not by a long shot. It is the larger problem this offense is facing overall. But even first half, the ball came out quicker, there was more of a balance. Even if it wasn't run heavy, Jones was involved and they had to account for all parts of the field on defense. By the 2nd half it seems sidelines and deep were all they had to worry about on defense.
And Jones only ran the ball 4 times in the second half.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Jones only ran the ball 4 times in the second half.
I don't remember all the situations, 4 seems too light, we definitely got a bit pass heavy. Was it by design or necessity sometimes? Like his 18 yarder wiped out by a BS penalty that then put us at 1 and 20. That series for example, there's no room for running downs really unless you have Blake Bortles as a QB. With Rodgers it's pass. I don't remember all the details, they probably don't matter. I think coach and QB both prefer to pass when it's crunch time. so which one gets the blame? using short passes to the RB are just as effective IMO and he was there to be hit a couple times. Has to keep defenses honest.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't remember all the situations, 4 seems too light, we definitely got a bit pass heavy. Was it by design or necessity sometimes? Like his 18 yarder wiped out by a BS penalty that then put us at 1 and 20. That series for example, there's no room for running downs really unless you have Blake Bortles as a QB. With Rodgers it's pass. I don't remember all the details, they probably don't matter. I think coach and QB both prefer to pass when it's crunch time. so which one gets the blame? using short passes to the RB are just as effective IMO and he was there to be hit a couple times. Has to keep defenses honest.
Rodgers wasn’t perfect. But I think the bigger issue is in the playcalling. To your point, 4 is definitely too light especially when you were up for most of the second half.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't "miss" them. He's far too smart for that. He saw them chose to IGNORE them. That's the problem.

That's the part I don't like. Assuming he did see them and chose to ignore them that is a big problem. If that is the case it bothers me a hell of a lot more than the throw into the dirt. That was a screw up and even the best players screw up on occasion.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the part I don't like. Assuming he did see them and chose to ignore them that is a big problem. If that is the case it bothers me a hell of a lot more than the throw into the dirt. That was a screw up and even the best players screw up on occasion.
I'm not worried. I think its a symptom of the environment MM has created this year.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense should be run heavy right now considering we’re missing a majority of our receivers and our young running back is playing great. But instead we keep passing and losing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never see it, but I wonder just what someone has to disagree with in that post? Was it the declaration that 4 runs is too light and we were pass heavy in the 2nd half? Was it questioning if it was the design or necessity? was it saying the penalty on Jones's 18 yard run was BS that drew the dreaded red X? or perhaps this reader thinks that 1st and 20 is the down and distance that the run game was invented for? QB and coach don't prefer to pass? maybe, but history would say otherwise.

Maybe they're a Blake Bortles fan and were offended I suggest he's the type of QB you don't put the ball in his hands to try and make a big play? or that short hitters to a RB couldn't keep a defense honest against the pass and rushing the QB? I'm guessing Blake Bortles fan