Potential Hot Take that could be too spicy for this Forum.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I seen on Twitter someone tweeting at Bill Michaels suggested that maybe Rodgers is trying to get MM fired.

Is there an element of truth that Rodgers hates MM so bad that he is playing like crap on purpose to get MM fired?

This post is probably super stupid but I like tossing out crazy ideas.

Last edited:

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seen on Twitter someone tweeting at Bill Michaels suggested that maybe Rodgers is trying to get MM fired.

Is there an element of truth that Rodgers hates MM so bad that he is playing like crap on purpose to get MM fired?
Favre got Mangini fired in NY and they say he got Childers fired in Minny. But who really knows

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because he likes to throw down field, and he doesn't trust the receivers in the timing style offense. If there is even a glimpse of truth to that statement, I hope Gute is looking for trade partners this offseason. Don't want any player that will sacrafice all the hard effort by everyone else on the team for his own ego. I don't think it's happening, I think Bill must need listeners. But if it is, I'd send him packing

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Come on man, you're better than this.

Im not saying I believe it but you always gotta think about the possibility.

Im running out of reasons on why Rodgers is going out of his way to play middling football.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why is Rodgers passing up wide open receivers to throw the ball down field for a incomplete pass.
So that his RB doesn't get destroyed after the catch and doesn't throw the ball into a crowd for chance of a potential turnover for a potential minimum gain?

I think he's trolling McCarthy. Like, "Really? 3rd and short and you call a go route with my only good receiver? That's where I'm going with it."

He's made it clear that he wants Jones to get more carries. It's painfully obvious that this needs to happen, and McCarthy refuses to. Rodgers wants help and he's frustrated and tired of carrying this team.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Besides the elephant in the room named Mike McCarthy...I think a big issue with the offense is the lack of experience with the WRs. Going all young didn't pay off

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This post is probably super stupid but I like tossing out crazy ideas.
After watching the Seattle game... it sure seemed that way ....

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because he likes to throw down field, and he doesn't trust the receivers in the timing style offense. If there is even a glimpse of truth to that statement, I hope Gute is looking for trade partners this offseason. Don't want any player that will sacrafice all the hard effort by everyone else on the team for his own ego. I don't think it's happening, I think Bill must need listeners. But if it is, I'd send him packing
This is of course a far more rational explanation.... but the Seattle game sure seemed like the most obvious plays to be successful were being ignored intentionally.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers was trying to get McCarthy fired, he could go straight to Murphy with an ultimatum; "it's him or me". Easily a 99% chance McCarthy is fired on the spot in that scenario. No way Rodgers is purposely throwing games away (no pun intended).

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If Rodgers was trying to get McCarthy fired, he could go straight to Murphy with an ultimatum; "it's him or me". Easily a 99% chance McCarthy is fired on the spot in that scenario. No way Rodgers is purposely throwing games away (no pun intended).
Exactly.

A soon to be 35 year old quarterback wasting another year, losing games on purpose to get a coach fired, after missing an opportunity at the playoffs the very year before?

It’s just lunacy to suggest such a thing.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont believe this for a second, it is ridiculous. But if it were true, Rodgers wouldn't take another snap as a Packer. I would bench him and trade him next season.

Members online

Latest posts