Potential Hot Take that could be too spicy for this Forum.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is ridiculous. While Rodgers wasn't perfect by any means he completed 70% of his passes, averaging 11.1 yards per attempt and threw two touchdowns without an interception.

These numbers don't indicate he has quit on McCarthy or this season.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Intentionally doing bad to get MM. Highly doubt it.

Changing the play more frequently because he thinks MM is an idiot I could buy.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot believe that he would be playing like **** intentionally. He'd be hurting his legacy. At the beginning of the season he was either the best ever or the second best ever. Now with all those 5 yard passes in the dirt, Drew Brees has surpassed him. By the end of the season, maybe Philip Rivers surpasses him too.

jeg53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One could only wish this is true, more of the same till McFatty is gone

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether Rodgers wants MM fired or not, I doubt he is doing anything to force the issue. Especially in a season where there is no clear front-runner in the NFC North. That being said, I would not at all be surprised if he actually does want McCarthy fired.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is there an element of truth that Rodgers hates MM so bad that he is playing like crap on purpose to get MM fired?

Well this Forum isn't getting the job of firing MM done and how long did it take Capers to be canned.....someone has to do our dirty work, might as well be #12! :coffee:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why is Rodgers passing up wide open receivers to throw the ball down field for a incomplete pass.

Because a 2 play TD drive where the QB goes 1-2 for 70 yards is more exciting than a 10 play TD drive where the QB goes 7-8 for 70 yards. I don't know if this explains it but I think Rodgers like to be seen as the hero and big plays stand out.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not saying I believe it but you always gotta think about the possibility.

Im running out of reasons on why Rodgers is going out of his way to play middling football.

Maybe its just that Rodgers thinks his way gives the team a better chance to win.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether Rodgers wants MM fired or not, I doubt he is doing anything to force the issue. Especially in a season where there is no clear front-runner in the NFC North. That being said, I would not at all be surprised if he actually does want McCarthy fired.

Exactly. He may very well want him fired but I don't think he is doing anything intentionally to lose games. If that were the case it would show infinity more of Rodgers lack of character than any shortcomings McCarthy has as a coach. The theory has been proposed on some other Packer forum sites I frequent however.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. He may very well want him fired but I don't think he is doing anything intentionally to lose games. If that were the case it would show infinity more of Rodgers lack of character than any shortcomings McCarthy has as a coach. The theory has been proposed on some other Packer forum sites I frequent however.
i would leave those sites before you become dumber :)

and I agree with your first part. My question for anyone that does subscribe to this "rodgers losing to get MM Fired" theory, if in an alternate universe this is even remotely true, who do you want as your QB next season?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally don’t think Rodgers is intentionally playing “bad” to get McCarthy fired, the mere notion is honestly preposterous.

That said, I do believe there is a massive disconnect between coach and QB at this point. For whatever reason the 2 are not working well together anymore. McCarthy has 1 or 2 creative looking plays a game, usually 2 and one fails miserably and 1 works well and is this case it was the pseudo wheel route to Jones.

Also anyone who wants to say that these receivers don’t get open or create separation simply have not been paying attention. There are receivers open on short routes quite often and Rodgers is ignoring them or not seeing them because he his first looks are always the deep passes.

Bottom line is, regardless of Rodgers stats, the offense is not fully functional at this point. Both AR and MM deserve equal blame in this. However you are not going to get rid of your 30 million a year qb so it is simply time for MM to go and hope you can get coach with the ability to rein in Rodgers just a little bit. And really just a little bit is all that is needed. 3-5 shorter completions a game can lead to 20 more plays a game, less time for the defense on the field, more points for the offense, less points against the defense.

We can call it trickle down footballnomics.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally don’t think Rodgers is intentionally playing “bad” to get McCarthy fired, the mere notion is honestly preposterous.

That said, I do believe there is a massive disconnect between coach and QB at this point. For whatever reason the 2 are not working well together anymore. McCarthy has 1 or 2 creative looking plays a game, usually 2 and one fails miserably and 1 works well and is this case it was the pseudo wheel route to Jones.

Also anyone who wants to say that these receivers don’t get open or create separation simply have not been paying attention. There are receivers open on short routes quite often and Rodgers is ignoring them or not seeing them because he his first looks are always the deep passes.

Bottom line is, regardless of Rodgers stats, the offense is not fully functional at this point. Both AR and MM deserve equal blame in this. However you are not going to get rid of your 30 million a year qb so it is simply time for MM to go and hope you can get coach with the ability to rein in Rodgers just a little bit. And really just a little bit is all that is needed. 3-5 shorter completions a game can lead to 20 more plays a game, less time for the defense on the field, more points for the offense, less points against the defense.

We can call it trickle down footballnomics.
So is it MM and the scheme? or is it Rodgers? or is it MM can't get Rodgers to run the offense?

I know full well the financial commitment to the player makes it more than probable the coach is the one to go, not the QB. Seems to be heading that way.

I guess my question is what if the QB doesn't buy into the next HC? Is a new guy going to reign in the QB? If so who? If Rodgers won't take underneath r0utes in this "scheme" why will he in a different one when he wants the big play? It become a case moving your kids to a new classroom because he doesn't like the teacher. and then he doesn't like the next then what? another switch? might be too late for that. MM and AR need to get their **** together. There is no perfect player, there is no perfect coach, there is no perfect scheme. We have plenty good of all of the above to win. They just need to do it.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the elephant in the room named Mike McCarthy...I think a big issue with the offense is the lack of experience with the WRs. Going all young didn't pay off

Cobb is out, Allison is out. Do you expect teams to have 2-3 quality, experienced veteran back ups? I think the problem is McCarthy's stale offense, peculiar play calling, game day managing, and the fact that Rodgers has not played very well this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess my question is what if the QB doesn't buy into the next HC? Is a new guy going to reign in the QB? If so who? If Rodgers won't take underneath r0utes in this "scheme" why will he in a different one when he wants the big play? It become a case moving your kids to a new classroom because he doesn't like the teacher. and then he doesn't like the next then what? another switch? might be too late for that. MM and AR need to get their **** together. There is no perfect player, there is no perfect coach, there is no perfect scheme. We have plenty good of all of the above to win. They just need to do it.

As I was driving today listening to talking heads on the radio discuss who would be the new HC, your same question was going 500 miles an hour in my head. As much as people will want to brush it off and say "Rodgers will just have to accept the next guy", I ask "Will he?" I don't think you necessarily have to give Rodgers a lot of say in the decision, but you better make damn sure its a guy that Rodgers can work with or this ship is going to continue to go sideways or down. Personally, I want to see a new HC and a separate OC. Maybe let Rodgers have more input as to who the new OC is, but find a guy who can kick start both Rodgers and the offense.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the elephant in the room named Mike McCarthy...I think a big issue with the offense is the lack of experience with the WRs. Going all young didn't pay off
Well...Gmo and Cobb are hurt, that's two vets not there.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea why anyone thinks GMo would be gone next year. We control him for cheap and he has produced in meaningful games and proven himself for us

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putin is behind this. He is in league with Robert Kraft and has bought Mike McCarthy in order to keep Deflate Tom ahead in the rankings!

#MPGA!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Putin is behind this. He is in league with Robert Kraft and has bought Mike McCarthy in order to keep Deflate Tom ahead in the rankings!

#MPGA!

I thought that was countered by the guy with the scary head of hair?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Side note about the picture......Paul Ryan is retiring, Scott Walker just got ousted and trump is holding former Packer Vince Biegel's #45 Jersey........great backing!

Last edited:

Members online