Potential Hot Take that could be too spicy for this Forum.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Aaron obviously just wanted to get the game over with so he could get out to his deer blind sooner.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I seen on Twitter someone tweeting at Bill Michaels suggested that maybe Rodgers is trying to get MM fired.

Is there an element of truth that Rodgers hates MM so bad that he is playing like crap on purpose to get MM fired?

This post is probably super stupid but I like tossing out crazy ideas.
Agree with your last sentence

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe its just that Rodgers thinks his way gives the team a better chance to win.
We went through this mess with him in the back half of 15 and front half of 16. It takes him a long time to retract his cranium from his ******.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing Rodgers is throwing games just to get the head coach fired. If he is that would tick me off to no end. However, there's no doubt the chemistry between the two of them is not there and it's showing in Rodgers' demeanor. He has been ornery all season long, and really that had already started during the off season with the release of Jordy and Van Pelt. I think he's really feeling the pressure of his legacy taking a hit with his failure to even reach a second Super Bowl despite arguably being the best quarerback in football for the past decade and he doesn't see that changing anytime soon, between the subpar coaching, even more subpar talent that Teddy had put around him and another youth movement taking place now.

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t forget he still has an injury, just because the brace is off doesn’t mean the injury is healed. If you watch his throws it seems like many are thrown off his back foot, like he doesn’t want put pressure on the front foot. That and you have rookie WRs out there. I don’t think Rodgers needs to get MM fired, he is doing a pretty good job of it himself.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the elephant in the room named Mike McCarthy...I think a big issue with the offense is the lack of experience with the WRs. Going all young didn't pay off

I think drafting the young rooks was a good decision, but I don't think anyone thought Cobb would be so ineffective and Allison being injured exposed the rooks a lot sooner than anticipated.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seen on Twitter someone tweeting at Bill Michaels suggested that maybe Rodgers is trying to get MM fired.

Is there an element of truth that Rodgers hates MM so bad that he is playing like crap on purpose to get MM fired?

This post is probably super stupid but I like tossing out crazy ideas.

I'll go hotter. Go back 15 years. Defenses would start disrespecting Favre, not respecting his abilities, and he'd just shrug his shoulders one week and go 18-20 345 yards 4 TD in the first half and be up 35-3. Sometimes he did it when he shouldn't have been playing, other times it was just to remind people he could. Old 34 year old Rodgers is getting the treatment, and what is he doing? Pouting!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think drafting the young rooks was a good decision, but I don't think anyone thought Cobb would be so ineffective and Allison being injured exposed the rooks a lot sooner than anticipated.

Actually on the board there were calls for and speculation that Cobb wouldn't make final cuts this year.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure that is the aim.

Great stats for the most part but not making plays when it counts.

I believe he knows if we make the playoffs MM is back and it could be 2 and done in the playoffs like it's been for awhile.

So rather than do that, not making the playoffs is his aim is my guess

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I believe he knows if we make the playoffs MM is back and it could be 2 and done in the playoffs like it's been for awhile.

Yeah Rodgers was terrible at the end of the Chicago and SF games he obviously tried to lose those ones so McCarthy gets fired. Brought the team back against the Rams but whispered to ty to fumble the ball. He also asked Aaron Jones to fumble so they would not take the lead vs the Patriots in the 2nd half. He asked the ref to throw the flag on Clay against Minny. He asked Mason to miss all those kicks too

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why is Rodgers passing up wide open receivers to throw the ball down field for a incomplete pass.

Pretty sure Rodgers has always done that. I think the problem is more the routes the wrs are running. I remember one 3rd and short play where all the wrs ran deep routes. What happened to the slant route?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers was trying to get McCarthy fired, he could go straight to Murphy with an ultimatum; "it's him or me". Easily a 99% chance McCarthy is fired on the spot in that scenario. No way Rodgers is purposely throwing games away (no pun intended).
I agree with that

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think through the years MM has done enough to get himself fired...his Bla, Bla need to run more, Bla Bla pad level..shtick has long worn out its welcome. He can take his street sign to Cleveland cause that is where he’ll be next year. No help from AR was needed.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers was trying to get McCarthy fired, he could go straight to Murphy with an ultimatum; "it's him or me". Easily a 99% chance McCarthy is fired on the spot in that scenario. No way Rodgers is purposely throwing games away (no pun intended).

And what? He will retire? He has no real leverage. He can pass up his money or play. He can’t force a trade, can’t be waived with his cap hit. He has no leverage now. He could have done that before the contract he just signed, with the threat of becoming a free agent. But now, he has nothing to use.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Insanity.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Also - listening to Rodgers’ postgame presser after the game, he didn’t even hint at having issues with McCarthy and actually shot down suggestions about it from reporters.

All of this nonsense about Rodgers throwing games, or playing bad on purpose is utterly senseless. Did you see some of his reactions to big plays Thursday night? Yeah that sure looked like a guy who wasn’t being competitive to me. :rolleyes:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also - listening to Rodgers’ postgame presser after the game, he didn’t even hint at having issues with McCarthy and actually shot down suggestions about it from reporters.

All of this nonsense about Rodgers throwing games, or playing bad on purpose is utterly senseless. Did you see some of his reactions to big plays Thursday night? Yeah that sure looked like a guy who wasn’t being competitive to me. :rolleyes:
I agree... after watching the game... I was fed up and ready to believe just about anything. In Reality, I think he wants to win but needs some serious redirection.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That ultimatum would go nowhere. Rodgers has no intention of retiring and everyone knows it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I agree... after watching the game... I was fed up and ready to believe just about anything. In Reality, I think he wants to win but needs some serious redirection.
The guy misses a couple of checkdowns and fans like you are losing it.

I re-watched the offensive drives earlier today. He missed 2 or 3 plays, but he played pretty damn good for the most part. The 3rd down throw in the dirt was inexcusable for a player of his caliber. No two ways about it.

But because he didn’t throw a couple of balls to the running back he needs redirection. Lol.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy misses a couple of checkdowns and fans like you are losing it.

I re-watched the offensive drives earlier today. He missed 2 or 3 plays, but he played pretty damn good for the most part. The 3rd down throw in the dirt was inexcusable for a player of his caliber. No two ways about it.

But because he didn’t throw a couple of balls to the running back he needs redirection. Lol.
keep laughing.... his team has a losing record. And don’t expect me to waste my time telling you I agree with you again.. because I doubt that will happen.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
keep laughing.... his team has a losing record. And don’t expect me to waste my time telling you I agree with you again.. because I doubt that will happen.
Because I dared to point out something in your post that I happen to disagree with? :roflmao: Mercy.

How many plays would you say that AR screwed up on? Besides the two times that he could have checked down to Aaron Jones, and the obvious bad pass in the dirt on 3rd down? Are we going to totally ignore the times that he actually DID check down to the running back (which was more than once)???

Mike McCarthy has a losing record too. But he obviously has nothing to do with the success or lack there of from his team.

Members online

Latest posts