Post MM firing -- coaching search: who we want -- ALL threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you just say John Harbaugh was just a special teams coach for 19 years? That is a total lie. You're too funny.

https://marriedbiography.com/john-harbaugh-biography/

LOL.

Maybe try a slightly more reputable site next time.

I'll help you out.

Harbaugh was a ST's and DB coach at Morehead in 1988. From 1989-1996 he was the ST coach at Cincinnati (college). In 1997 he was the ST and DB coach at Indiana. From 1998-2006 he was the ST's coach in Philly, in 2007 he was the ST and DB coach in Philly. So yes, 19 years as a ST's coach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harbaugh

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LOL.

Maybe try a slightly more reputable site next time.

I'll help you out.

Harbaugh was a ST's and DB coach at Morehead in 1988. From 1989-1996 he was the ST coach at Cincinnati (college). In 1997 he was the ST and DB coach at Indiana. From 1998-2006 he was the ST's coach in Philly, in 2007 he was the ST and DB coach in Philly. So yes, 19 years as a ST's coach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harbaugh

Right, but some of us want his marriage information! Is his wife hot? :coffee:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think a guy that's been nothing...nothing but a special teams coach his entire career will never get a sniff at the head coaching job in Green Bay. He would be a guaranteed fail. Most people in the know have a great deal more respect for this guy.......

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ould-start-with-northwesterns-pat-fitzgerald/

No one is saying anything negative about Pat Fitzgerald. I don't know a thing about him as a coach. The point is that you're dismissing a highly accomplished and well respected coach (Toub has been interviewed for HC positions several times in the past) based on nothing by his ST background.

You're correct that there's something "idiotic" going on here, but it's not considering Toub.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who can say? One person could make the case that a guy like Harbaugh is exactly what Rodgers needs to be tempered, while someone else could argue that a personality like Harbaugh's would completely clash with Rodgers and create a locker room rift. It's all conjecture either way.

I'm not passionately opposed to him. I understand the credentials. He a great coach. But he's not one of the guys I really want. He just makes me nervous.

Just my observations of Jim on the sidelines, I say a big NO. I can remember him jumping up and down and throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines when things did not go his way. I don't like him.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting for him to say that, almost seems like they have a candidate in mind. Because if they didn't, like you said, he just eliminated quite a few coaches from anyone they would consider. Of course, that depends on his interpretation of "huge ego".
they're thinking one huge ego in the building is enough. it'll be someone down to earth, unassuming, like mccarthy.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Just my observations of Jim on the sidelines, I say a big NO. I can remember him jumping up and down and throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines when things did not go his way. I don't like him.

Yeah I tend to agree with you. But I get why some people are willing to overlook that given how many games they won in SF.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A coach with passion that shows emotion. what a refreshing change that would be.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ur right. And that is what happens when you sign free agents. You get better. Who knew? Couldn't pass downfield? No problem. They just grab Cooper like it was nothing. Fixed that problem. Now they are in 1st.

The desperately needed a receiver, and Cooper has made an impact for them.

Unfortunately Green Bay appears to be more than one-player-away from being a contender, so I'm not sure a quick-fix is in order.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I tend to agree with you. But I get why some people are willing to overlook that given how many games they won in SF.

I was always under the impression that he walked into a team with a strong roster and left when that roster started to come apart.

Reaction score
The desperately needed a receiver, and Cooper has made an impact for them.

Unfortunately Green Bay appears to be more than one-player-away from being a contender, so I'm not sure a quick-fix is in order.

Definitely not a quick situation in GB. But adding thru free agency would be a help for speeding up the recovery process

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that he walked into a team with a strong roster and left when that roster started to come apart.

Sure-- the talent was really good. However, he still went 36-11-1 in his first three seasons and went to a Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick. His down season in 2014 was still 8-8. He can coach. But he's also nuts.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure-- the talent was really good. However, he still went 36-11-1 in his first three seasons and went to a Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick. His down season in 2014 was still 8-8. He can coach. But he's also nuts.

Heh, amen to the nuts part. I just don't see him as a good fit here. More a personality thing than coaching ability.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we get an intelligent coach. Somebody innovative that also has his pulse on what all his coaches are and are not doing. Someone who actually has a plan and is able to shift gears when things don't work out perfectly. During a game and/or during the season and obviously the off season. Don't really want a duh duh ex player. Can't get Bill Walsh out of my mind. What about the Stanford head coach? I have no idea who. I only hope they choose someone that is smart enough to keep up with a copycat and ever changing league.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why no love for Pettine as head coach? He failed at Cleveland, but everybody did. Probably learned a few things. He seems to have the toughness and the defensive players seem to respect and play hard for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.