Possible wr trade targets?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think anyone picks him up or does he retire?

He ain't retiring. I think he has a few more seasons in him personally. While we are not in the need situation for a veteran back there, if we were I wouldn't be opposed.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being in the camp of not wanting to throw the bank at Aaron Jones, I'd have gladly called Texans and said we got Aaron Jones, let's chat.

Yes, I know I just pissed a bunch of folks off...but I'm not a fan of paying RBs HUGE money in this era of the league.

I thought this and said same thing to my friends. If I knew this was a deal on the table, Jones would have been gone with no regret.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great comparison, honestly only the illogical or ignorant ever argued he didn't have the chops or ability...it's always been because of health.
Good observation. When he’s at full strength he’s a stud with great reach. Keeping him off the injury list has been the problem.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being in the camp of not wanting to throw the bank at Aaron Jones, I'd have gladly called Texans and said we got Aaron Jones, let's chat.

Yes, I know I just pissed a bunch of folks off...but I'm not a fan of paying RBs HUGE money in this era of the league.
I’d hate to see Jones leave, but for the right deal..... Good RBs can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round. All I’m saying is that a trade isn’t unreasonable.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d hate to see Jones leave, but for the right deal..... Good RBs can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round. All I’m saying is that a trade isn’t unreasonable.

I'd hate it as well...but there is not much I hate more than paying RBs in this era. Unless it is the second coming of Barry freaking Sanders it is nearly never worth it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t Burnett back. He was headed the wrong way when we let him go the first time. 2 other teams have found out he’s not what he was at all. We made the right choice years ago

Reaction score
Oldshool, what do you think about A.J. Green in FA? I think he has some attitude issues, but there’s no denying his production.

I’d still like to see Gluten grab Corey Littleton in FA. He has cap for one big signing. WR can be addressed at #30.
Well considering he was franchise tagged at $18M by the time I saw your question. I’d love it!
In reality he’d be too expensive and that one signing would’ve put a lot of strain on several other positions.
Although in a fantasy world, I’d love to see how AJ and Adams would punish teams

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Do you think anyone picks him up or does he retire?

He ain't retiring. I think he has a few more seasons in him personally. While we are not in the need situation for a veteran back there, if we were I wouldn't be opposed.

Burnett tore his achilles in week 11 last season. I think his better days are a few years behind him. He may find a team willing to sign him to a no guarantee, close to veteran minimum, but that all depends on his injury recovery too. I wouldn't want the Packer signing him at this point.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett tore his achilles in week 11 last season. I think his better days are a few years behind him. He may find a team willing to sign him to a no guarantee, close to veteran minimum, but that all depends on his injury recovery too. I wouldn't want the Packer signing him at this point.

Oh I'd never vouch for him here, we do not need him even at depth.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not close to an adequate starter anymore.

Ok, please, let me know of your extensively researched list of the roughly 40 starters definitively better than him... The internet is a fun place for saying guys are great or awful. The middle ground gets lost real quick.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my God....the Ian Rap is reporting Bill's trading for Diggs....something like 4 picks being sent to MN including a 1st...

Houston got FLEECED for Hopkins

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ok, please, let me know of your extensively researched list of the roughly 40 starters definitively better than him... The internet is a fun place for saying guys are great or awful. The middle ground gets lost real quick.

Are you talking about Morgan Burnett? If you are, I don't see why you would want the Packers to even look at him. He tore his achilles in week 11, couldn't find a home in Pittsburgh on a 3 year deal, lasted 1 year. Couldn't find a home in Cleveland, lasting 1 year on a 2 year deal. The Packers already have Amos, Savage and Green and a few younger guys. Why would you sign a 31 year old that is coming off a major injury and has played only 2/5th's of his last 2 contracts?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you talking about Morgan Burnett? If you are, I don't see why you would want the Packers to even look at him. He tore his achilles in week 11, couldn't find a home in Pittsburgh on a 3 year deal, lasted 1 year. Couldn't find a home in Cleveland, lasting 1 year on a 2 year deal. The Packers already have Amos, Savage and Green and a few younger guys. Why would you sign a 31 year old that is coming off a major injury and has played only 2/5th's of his last 2 contracts?
The correct answer is, you don’t.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Oh my God....the Ian Rap is reporting Bill's trading for Diggs....something like 4 picks being sent to MN including a 1st...

Houston got FLEECED for Hopkins

The Buffalo Bills acquired the Vikings receiver and a 2020 seventh-round pick in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick (22nd pick), a 2020 fifth-round pick, a 2020 sixth-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick

Kind of glad to see Diggs out of the North, but the Vikings I think got the better end of that deal.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have yet to read someone say to sign him? Just discussing him and whether he is gonna retire?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Buffalo Bills acquired the Vikings receiver and a 2020 seventh-round pick in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick (22nd pick), a 2020 fifth-round pick, a 2020 sixth-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick

Kind of glad to see Diggs out of the North, but the Vikings I think got the better end of that deal.

For the immediate future, the Vikings are going to be a lot worse with the 22nd overall pick on the field instead of Stefon Diggs. He was their best offensive player.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh the Vikings won that trade insanely high...meanwhile that trade makes it look like Texans got a sweatshirt and a trainer by comparison.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have yet to read someone say to sign him? Just discussing him and whether he is gonna retire?

Was responding to this:

Sunshinepacker said:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For the immediate future, the Vikings are going to be a lot worse with the 22nd overall pick on the field instead of Stefon Diggs. He was their best offensive player.
You could be right and he still has 4 years on a reasonable deal. Remember though, Diggs was on his way out and not happy in Minnesota, so they were able to get a 1st and 3 other picks out of him and a 7th round pick.

One more team ahead of the Packers in need of a WR and the race to dip into "an incredibly deep WR draft".