Possible wr trade targets?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For games last season, king was the best player in the secondary. If he can just be more consistent, he will really e a stud. It is very tantalizing and frustrating. He is the new Finley.

Great comparison, honestly only the illogical or ignorant ever argued he didn't have the chops or ability...it's always been because of health.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
For games last season, king was the best player in the secondary. If he can just be more consistent, he will really e a stud. It is very tantalizing and frustrating. He is the new Finley.

Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised last year that King for the most part held up and stayed somewhat healthy, especially compared to his first 2 years. I was one of those doubting that he could stay healthy, so I am very happy to admit I was wrong, at least for last season.

I do think if his health continues to be good, he (and Jaire) are only going to continue to get better and be the anchors of a very young CB and DB group.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He also had several games where he was arguably the worst.

He does well on bigger receivers, but if he gets matched up on a receiver with quicks and speed, he really struggles. He was really bad with double moves too.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He also had several games where he was arguably the worst.

He does well on bigger receivers, but if he gets matched up on a receiver with quicks and speed, he really struggles. He was really bad with double moves too.

And even in games where he had great moments, those same games were often laced with really bad ones.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And even in games where he had great moments, those same games were often laced with really bad ones.

Yup and you see that from even "the best" CB's, QB's etc. The key is to try to reduce those bad moments and I think if King can stay healthy, he will.

The interesting part for the Packers, this is Kings final season on his rookie deal, how long do you wait to try and resign him and at what price?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yup and you see that from even "the best" CB's, QB's etc. The key is to try to reduce those bad moments and I think if King can stay healthy, he will.

The interesting part for the Packers, this is Kings final season on his rookie deal, how long do you wait to try and resign him and at what price?

You don't see anything like King's level of inconsistency, across both seasons and games, from the best CB's in the games.

For my part, I wait and keep waiting and let someone else sign him. The combination of durability concerns and performance is too much for me.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't see anything like King's level of inconsistency, across both seasons and games, from the best CB's in the games.

For my part, I wait and keep waiting and let someone else sign him. The combination of durability concerns and performance is too much for me.

Much of his inconsistencies have been until last year due to injuries however. Not really disagreeing just stating a fair point I believe all must consider.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Much of his inconsistencies have been until last year due to injuries however. Not really disagreeing just stating a fair point I believe all must consider.

If he was inconsistent just while playing through an injury, you could give him the benefit of the doubt. But we just saw a lot of the same problems during a healthy season, so it's hard to give him a pass.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was inconsistent just while playing through an injury, you could give him the benefit of the doubt. But we just saw a lot of the same problems during a healthy season, so it's hard to give him a pass.

Wouldn't and didn't state he should get a pass. This past season in many ways was the first full year we got to see King...while this next season is not his sophomore season, I'm almost treating as such. I'll say this much, I believe he has shown a ton of potential to be guy we can depend on contributing at CB....enough to ignore the position in the draft, not at all. I'm even coming around to the way of thinking if a top flight CB falls to us at #30, Gute and Co wouldn't be nuts to grab him depending on their board.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't quite agree.

Being healthy has helped, obviously. But nothing is going to change his hips. It's not going to change his lack of ability to change direction quickly. That's where he runs into trouble. There are things that can be done to minimize those issues, but those will always be issues with him.

King got burnt, a lot, last year. He also made some great plays. But to my eyes, it sure seemed like teams started to figure out that they could test him deep, and on double moves, with good success.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't quite agree.

Being healthy has helped, obviously. But nothing is going to change his hips. It's not going to change his lack of ability to change direction quickly. That's where he runs into trouble. There are things that can be done to minimize those issues, but those will always be issues with him.

King got burnt, a lot, last year. He also made some great plays. But to my eyes, it sure seemed like teams started to figure out that they could test him deep, and on double moves, with good success.

Yes his hips are his greatest inferior trait, behind just overall health issues.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, King can get beat. But he also makes some good plays at crucial times imo. But probably the main thing is that we really cannot afford to worry about him right now. He is our player and we definitely have other priorities. I do agree that we have to keep the 2ndary deep so taking players there in the later rounds and maybe signing a not expensive corner/db would be prudent.

Reaction score
I’m not opposed to going after a pair of CB’s day 3 draft (or even a RB)
My hypothesis is.. We will likely be prioritizing DL, LB, WR, TE, OL.

But who knows, we certainly won’t pass at CB if we feel one we’ve graded high gets ignored. You can never have enough CB depth. Similar to WR, That’s also a high volume personnel position.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should focus on WR, ILB, DL, TE. But I’m not opposed to going after a pair of CB’s day 3 draft.
My hypothesis is.. We will likely be thinking more DL, LB, WR, TE, OL first
WR needs to be AT LEAST in the second round. Not the third.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After giving this some thought, I wouldn’t mind if Gluten goes after A.J. Green. I’d also be satisfied with Austin Hooper at TE, and Corey Littleton at ILB.

With the draft rich in WRs, there’s also an argument to go after an ILB like Corey Littleton. Something has to be done about the run defense. Gluten could look for a DL in the draft as well. Thoughts from the collective wisdom of the forum? Thx all! Joe

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s my belief we will see one by #62 or before (in a trade up or back). It’s also very likely that’s a target in FA.
Oldshool, what do you think about A.J. Green in FA? I think he has some attitude issues, but there’s no denying his production.

I’d still like to see Gluten grab Corey Littleton in FA. He has cap for one big signing. WR can be addressed at #30.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oldshool, what do you think about A.J. Green in FA? I think he has some attitude issues, but there’s no denying his production.

I’d still like to see Gluten grab Corey Littleton in FA. He has cap for one big signing. WR can be addressed at #30.

Green will get tagged.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Did I miss where this came from?

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the hell didn't we throw the kitchen sink for Hopkins if he was available... Looking like the Cardinals got Hopkins.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How the hell didn't we throw the kitchen sink for Hopkins if he was available... Looking like the Cardinals got Hopkins.

It involved multiple players and picks, Cardinals shipped off RB David Johnson and his massive contract to the Texans.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It involved multiple players and picks, Cardinals shipped off RB David Johnson and his massive contract to the Texans.

Being in the camp of not wanting to throw the bank at Aaron Jones, I'd have gladly called Texans and said we got Aaron Jones, let's chat.

Yes, I know I just pissed a bunch of folks off...but I'm not a fan of paying RBs HUGE money in this era of the league.