Positive energy

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whenever my team loses, no matter how bad it is, I like to draw from any positive energies in the game to keep myself from going mad.

Positives from this game:

1. Rodgers. He is proving not only does he have a lethal arm, but he can run the ball for the 1st D himself instead of grounding it or throwing it away. To me, that versatility is what separates the good QBs from the great/ legendary ones.

2. Running game: This is rather a sore point amongst many of us. I have been seeing an improvement in the running game for the last several weeks. Say what you will about BJax and Kunh, but they have been improving, just not as swiftly as some of us may of hoped for. You can't expect instant gratification, we are just not that lucky.

3. Defense. They stood their ground to a tough Atlanta offense and at least kept us in range of a win. 2 sacks, Zombo got 1!!! They never allowed the game to run away from them.

4. Crosby: He didn't miss anything! (This for the love of Green Bay Packers "GBP")

5. We stood toe to toe with perhaps the best team in the NFC and lost only by 3. Winning that game was well within our grasp. We didn't get outplayed as much as made costly mistakes.

I just wanted something positive to think about, to kind of put this in perspective. There is something positive to gain from almost everything. May the Packers take the energy of this loss and channel it into next week and kick some tail!!!

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everything except number 2. There is nothing positive about our running game right now, other than the fact that it probably can't get any worse.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Excellent post!

sounds like a post game winner to me! lol...
So here's to next week's game! At Lambeau...against the 49'rs. Should be as good as done!

jhutch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont agree with #2. Are running game is pretty bad. Its not all jacksons fault bcuz were not doing a very good job run blocking. He does alot of dancing around though instead of just hitting the hole. Also mccarthy said nance had surpassed kuhn on the depth chart and then he leaves the game with a concussion. Maybe will finally see what starks has.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's another positive for ya...

Jordy Nelson, man three or four times he made AWESOME catches, including the game tying touchdown. he has a great sense of awareness on the field, and has the hands to make a catch with coverage all over him. he was fantastic this game.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, in order to hit a hole, there should be a hole.

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also mccarthy said nance had surpassed kuhn on the depth chart and then he leaves the game with a concussion. Maybe will finally see what starks has.

This depressed me. I like the guy, really hope he's back next week. The way the niners have been playing this year lead me to believe that we may get to see some Starks next week!

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not trying to throw kitty litter on anything, but we are still an "ebb and flow" team that doesnt know how to win a close one vs a good team. This league doesnt hand out 2nd place trophies. Losing by only 3 to a good or great team isnt a W in the columns.

Until we can close out a close game we will always be a 2. Not throwing away our season or saying the sky is falling (im actually at peace w/ this loss) but the record isnt changing, its just skipping over and over and playing the same old song. Anyone care to look us our record in close games over the last 3 seasons? When was the last time we loned up for a game winner at the end and hit it? Pushed in that HR TD to seal it?

The best we can say is we held off the BILLs and LIONS this season to win.

Sure, we can beat the breaks off of teams at times, but when rubber hits road, we always seem to come up short.

I am happy with where we are as a team, but again, I think we are a year away from being a team people need to worry about.

We lack a killer mentality. ANyone who disagrees can look at the bears, Redskins, Dolphins, and now Falcons game of this year. All of them had the same feeling: Playing with a measure of desperation, and feeling like we were the lesser team in the match, hoping for a W. All ended in L's

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
not trying to throw kitty litter on anything, but we are still an "ebb and flow" team that doesnt know how to win a close one vs a good team. This league doesnt hand out 2nd place trophies. Losing by only 3 to a good or great team isnt a W in the columns.

Until we can close out a close game we will always be a 2. Not throwing away our season or saying the sky is falling (im actually at peace w/ this loss) but the record isnt changing, its just skipping over and over and playing the same old song. Anyone care to look us our record in close games over the last 3 seasons? When was the last time we loned up for a game winner at the end and hit it? Pushed in that HR TD to seal it?

The best we can say is we held off the BILLs and LIONS this season to win.

Sure, we can beat the breaks off of teams at times, but when rubber hits road, we always seem to come up short.

I am happy with where we are as a team, but again, I think we are a year away from being a team people need to worry about.

We lack a killer mentality. ANyone who disagrees can look at the bears, Redskins, Dolphins, and now Falcons game of this year. All of them had the same feeling: Playing with a measure of desperation, and feeling like we were the lesser team in the match, hoping for a W. All ended in L's

That's one of the most honest and real break downs I've seen on this team. When you strip everything away, that's what you get and that's where you have to go to improve. The cold hard facts can be a very positive thing. You need to know where you stand to know what you have to do.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game just showed how much we miss finley and grant. Give us those two guys and were all singing superbowl right now! At least we still have a shot this year but next year as long as we can keep more key guys healthy we are going to be one nasty team to play!!

Members online

Latest posts