Position by Position Comparison- Packers vs eagles

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the writers for my site put together this position by position comparison for the Packers and Eagles, as so many people have been talking about which team should be the favorite for the NFC this year (I still think it's funny that the Saints and Falcons are being seemingly left out of the discussion, but eh.) Here's what he came up with.

For being written by a Packer fan, I'd say it's a pretty fair assessment!

Which team is the NFCs on-paper favorite? Packers? Eagles? | Seven Days of Sunday

mattwill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the writers for my site put together this position by position comparison for the Packers and Eagles, as so many people have been talking about which team should be the favorite for the NFC this year (I still think it's funny that the Saints and Falcons are being seemingly left out of the discussion, but eh.) Here's what he came up with.

For being written by a Packer fan, I'd say it's a pretty fair assessment!

Which team is the NFCs on-paper favorite? Packers? Eagles? | Seven Days of Sunday
Good job, the one quibble I have would not change the point totals at all. The quibble is that since you are comparing a 3-4 D to a 4-3 D, the writer should have included the Packers' OLBs in the DLine comparison. When one does that, the DLines end up as a draw and the LBs end up as a draw (or slight advantage for the Packers). JMHO

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odds that it's Green Bay vs Philly in the NFC Title game?

I'd say about 10-15%.
What say you?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is everyone talking about GB Philly when they should be talking about GB New Orleans

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is everyone talking about GB Philly when they should be talking about GB New Orleans

Maybe some fans think it is a lock that GB gets to the top again..They think the season is just a formality?

This article said what I was saying in the dream team thread...Eagles D-L is much more improved and will cause issues for mostly everyone they face

OP
OP
Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good job, the one quibble I have would not change the point totals at all. The quibble is that since you are comparing a 3-4 D to a 4-3 D, the writer should have included the Packers' OLBs in the DLine comparison. When one does that, the DLines end up as a draw and the LBs end up as a draw (or slight advantage for the Packers). JMHO

Yeah, that's a good point, I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. The thing is, not all 3-4 OLBs are solely pass rushers. Especially in a Dom Capers system, it's really hard to qualify the OLBs as linebackers OR defensive linemen, as he's got them flying all over the place. So yeah, I guess either way his comparison would have had some difficulty.

Nice site you have there, and I enjoyed reading this.

Thank you! I really appreciate that. I try to post stuff up here when we write about the Packers, but we appreciate all the readers we can get on all of our topics! :)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because there is a very good chance that the Eagles may knock out New Orleans before we ever get our hands on them. I'm projecting NFC Championship game here. Assuming all of these teams win their respective divisions and get the first round bye, there is a strong chance that the Eagles will face the Saints before either team gets to us. It's way early to be making these kind of predictions with injuries being an unknown quantity, but I'm just going with probability and odds with how things stand here and now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let the players worry about the Saints. Actually, let the players worry about just making the team for now. Me focusing on the Saints isn't going to have any impact on how the team plays.

None of this is. So why comment? So why even have a forum? LOL

OP
OP
Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of this is. So why comment? So why even have a forum? LOL

Well, that's the point I'm trying to make. Someone's comment of "why aren't we talking about the Saints" insinuates that us talking about the Saints is actually going to make a difference one way or the other, when it really won't.