Playoffs

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Root for a Giants upset over the Bears this weekend. If that happened, there would be the potential for the Bears to go on a losing streak since they have the Rams and Packers the next two weeks.

Unlikely I know, but if the Bears were to lose this weekend, things would get VERY interesting. They would fall to 8-4 with the Rams and Packers coming up, so the potential for 8-6 would be very real, with a week 17 matchup with the Vikings.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons are the best 4-7 out there and with AR's penchant for throwing 40+ yard passes on 3rd & 7 I still have the odds of Packers winning-out at around 15%. After 11 games MM & AR have learned NOTHING on how to get this offense clicking so the while the 4/5 situation may very well happen our Packers winning-out is the long-shot, IMHO.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trubisky is doubtful for Sunday at the Giants. Good news for the Packers and a possible upset. The Lions couldn't do it, hopefully the Giants finish the job!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we make the playoffs, we're cannon fodder, the trophy isn't coming home.
If we make the playoffs, anything is possible. For one, if that happens it will be because this team turned a serious corner. They've proven they can play with anyone. The line between greatness and mediocrity is very fine.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To your first comment:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Answer to your question on a name change: I'll do that only if he gets all prima donna wishy washy on us playing games of retiring or not and then goes to a rival team to stab us in the back.

Pretty sure the Packers could of kept favre they chose to move on for whatever reason, who cares. But point is favre didn't just go to another team he was traded to a garbage team and then he went to the team that gave him the best chance at one more ring

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Packers could of kept favre they chose to move on for whatever reason, who cares. But point is favre didn't just go to another team he was traded to a garbage team and then he went to the team that gave him the best chance at one more ring
Plenty of quotes and cited links show Brett said he was going to stick it to Ted . But as you said.. Who cares

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty of quotes and cited links show Brett said he was going to stick it to Ted . But as you said.. Who cares

Which is fine stick it to Ted not the Packers. And how is that any different than if your boss let you go. And it motivated you to show him he was wrong.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was only responding to the other guy first and then to you.

As for more important things I really do think the Packers are going to blow out the cardinals tommorow. So much so that even though I work at 630am and won't be done till 10am. I think I'm gonna buy a ticket off stubhub for $52 dollars drive up to Green Bay and enjoy the show

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about everyone just **** and enjoy a game for once. Watch EQ develop, watch Alexander and how he plays. Watch Kenny Clark dominate up front. Watch Adams make guys look silly in 2 steps. Before New Year's gets here, how about some resolutions? Take some time to appreciate the game again rather than needing bragging rights to feel better about things?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys beat the Saints.

Sure, but that's one game. To go against another team that has played well all season or at least gotten hot at the end the next week, and the next and expect victories is not realistic.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about everyone just **** and enjoy a game for once. Watch EQ develop, watch Alexander and how he plays. Watch Kenny Clark dominate up front. Watch Adams make guys look silly in 2 steps. Before New Year's gets here, how about some resolutions? Take some time to appreciate the game again rather than needing bragging rights to feel better about things?

Unfortunately, in order to watch those things, we also have to watch all the other poop that's being/been discussed.

OP
OP
Mike McCarthy

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are you getting this "3%" statistic? The lowest odds I've seen for the Packers to make the playoffs is about 7-8%. Please get your facts straight before you post.
If you watched the game last week, Towards the end of the 4th quarter, the commentators went over odds of making playoffs for both teams. The playoff calculator that network used put the packers odds at 3%.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
then don't watch. Wait until they're winning again and you can be happy

The problem is that I do watch, winning or not. It's tough to just appreciate those few bits of nice performance when so much is going wrong around them. The Browns had Joe Thomas for all those years - would you have recommended their fans enjoy watching him while the rest of the team stunk up the place? The Packers of the Gory Years didn't bother me nearly as much because I knew, at the beginning, that they weren't going anywhere, but they were lovable losers, ala the Cubbies. This year's team just shouldn't be this bad - how long has the general opinion been that "with just a decent defense, we'll take it all"?

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watched the game last week, Towards the end of the 4th quarter, the commentators went over odds of making playoffs for both teams. The playoff calculator that network used put the packers odds at 3%.
I was at the game, so was not watching on TV. ;)

I’m sorry they shared an inaccurate statistic with their viewing audience.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that I do watch, winning or not. It's tough to just appreciate those few bits of nice performance when so much is going wrong around them. The Browns had Joe Thomas for all those years - would you have recommended their fans enjoy watching him while the rest of the team stunk up the place? The Packers of the Gory Years didn't bother me nearly as much because I knew, at the beginning, that they weren't going anywhere, but they were lovable losers, ala the Cubbies. This year's team just shouldn't be this bad - how long has the general opinion been that "with just a decent defense, we'll take it all"?
I don't care. I think it's reached a point of ridiculousness when people are arguing about 3%, no 7 % no 80%, seasons over, etc based on some stupid stats and self serving formulas to drive viewership and discussion. Appreciate the game or don't, I don't care. Even if the season was over in terms of playoff chances, I'd still watch because I love the game. and if the rest of the team isn't performing like crap, i'm going to look to the future, because that's what is important. I'm not looking for tanking, I'm not turning the TV off and I don't care what self interest serving formulas like next gen stats has come up with to tell me if I should watch or not has said. Feel free to do what you like. Sometimes some perspective is nice and reminder is helpful for some people. For some people it's not. Thought I'd give a not so gentle one on this thread. :)

Members online

Latest posts