Playoffs

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winning the SB? 1% chance.
Making the playoffs? 15% chance

I just don't see this team making any strides towards becoming a better team. There are bright spots for sure, but one can always smell a rotting corpse before you see it. There is a stink in the air with this 2018 team.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ZERO CHANCE!!! I know mathematically they still have a chance but ZERO CHANCE lol

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To get to 10 wins, which is usually the going rate for a decent shot at playoffs, we’d need to go 7-1 over these last 8. There’s many teams in the hunt this season in the nfc. Panthers, falcons, Vikings, Seahawks and eagles are some teams in the nfc that don’t even lead their own division but are looking stronger than us currently.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It typically requires 10 wins but if you think about it, if the situation is right, the tie could work as a win.

So if the last playoff spot has a 9-7 record, and the Packers have a 9-6-1 record, we make it in.

For the division, we're going to have a chance purely because we still have a game a piece left against the Bears and Vikings. Those are must win games. If the offense can somehow start to show some sort of a pulse, we're going to have a chance until we're mathematically eliminated.

I've seen Rodgers come through when his back is against the wall too many times to say there's no chance.

6-2 gives us a chance. 7-1 would seal it, IMO.

Looking at the remaining schedule:

Miami
@ Seattle
@ Minnesota
Arizona
Atlanta
@ Chicago
@ New York
Detroit

Not exactly daunting outside of the two road games after Miami.

That said, we're going to need make a miraculous turnaround on offense and continue to what we've done defensively to have any shot at a Super Bowl.

I'm not going to say it's impossible only because we have #12.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These last two games have been very deflating (no pun intended).
But I'd be shocked if they lost the next game at home to the Dolphins.
I think they have a 50% chance of making the playoffs, maybe better.
Super Bowl 1% (or less).

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is weird but I think we have a higher percent chance of winning the superbowl than making the playoffs. If we get in we could go all the way, anything can happen. and even the last two losses, while extremely painful, have shown we can still compete with the best. Our only problem is finishing. Which has ALWAYS been our problem. So I don't think much has changed about this team. If we somehow get in, we could realistically go as far as the Saints will allow us.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However, making the playoffs seems pretty unlikely at this point. But again, not outside of the realm of question.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To get to 10 wins, which is usually the going rate for a decent shot at playoffs, we’d need to go 7-1 over these last 8. There’s many teams in the hunt this season in the nfc. Panthers, falcons, Vikings, Seahawks and eagles are some teams in the nfc that don’t even lead their own division but are looking stronger than us currently.
I think you nailed it. They’re gonna need 7 more wins, if not all 8. That’s a tall order. I don’t think 9 wins gets any team in the playoffs this year. I’m a homer, so I’ll go on record saying they win 7 and get a wild card at 10-5-1, maybe win the division if they win the second games against the Bears, Viking, and Lions. The schedule is slightly easier than the first half, although the Vikings and Bears are road games, and both teams are playing well.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It typically requires 10 wins but if you think about it, if the situation is right, the tie could work as a win.

So if the last playoff spot has a 9-7 record, and the Packers have a 9-6-1 record, we make it in.

For the division, we're going to have a chance purely because we still have a game a piece left against the Bears and Vikings. Those are must win games. If the offense can somehow start to show some sort of a pulse, we're going to have a chance until we're mathematically eliminated.

I've seen Rodgers come through when his back is against the wall too many times to say there's no chance.

6-2 gives us a chance. 7-1 would seal it, IMO.

Looking at the remaining schedule:

Miami
@ Seattle
@ Minnesota
Arizona
Atlanta
@ Chicago
@ New York
Detroit

Not exactly daunting outside of the two road games after Miami.

That said, we're going to need make a miraculous turnaround on offense and continue to what we've done defensively to have any shot at a Super Bowl.

I'm not going to say it's impossible only because we have #12.

The next 3 games is going to tell us everything we need to know. Crucial stretch.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[QUOTE="PackAttack

I'm not going to say it's impossible only because we have #12.[/QUOTE]

We've had number 12 all along.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give it about a one-in-five chance of making the playoffs. 0% of winning or even getting to the Super Bowl.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like last year, I'm not interested in the playoffs, if we're just gonna get bounced and awarded the 20th-21st pick. I'd rather we pick 10th-18th and make a real run in 2019. That Saints pick is probably going to be 31st or 32nd.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, right now we're not that good of a team even WITH Rodgers, and that's kind of scary.
It looks like we've got some playmakers looking to break out though, maybe even actual stars.
Even if the rest of the season stinks, we should be good next year if we plug some holes.
AND somehow get some discipline on the team, quit making mistakes, and quit shooting ourselves in the foot.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Exactly. Which is the only reason we even get in position to get to and win playoff games.

He almost dragged the 2016 team to the Super Bowl. So again, as long as we have #12, there's a chance, even if it's a slim chance.

Reaction score
Like last year, I'm not interested in the playoffs, if we're just gonna get bounced and awarded the 20th-21st pick. I'd rather we pick 10th-18th and make a real run in 2019. That Saints pick is probably going to be 31st or 32nd.

AMEN. This is how I have been feeling all season.

Reaction score
Exactly. Which is the only reason we even get in position to get to and win playoff games.

He almost dragged the 2016 team to the Super Bowl. So again, as long as we have #12, there's a chance, even if it's a slim chance.

I used to agree with that, however, Rodgers is very close to no longer being a mobile QB, something that gave us a huge edge. I saw some clips from just a few years ago. The speed at which he ran was faster than I remember. Even when this knee thing is healed, he won't be near as quick as he was even just a few years back. That mobility gave him the edge. Without it, there's no difference between him and Brees. Matter fact, the edge probably goes to Brees since he has been doing this without mobility for years now

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I used to agree with that, however, Rodgers is very close to no longer being a mobile QB, something that gave us a huge edge. I saw some clips from just a few years ago. The speed at which he ran was faster than I remember. Even when this knee thing is healed, he won't be near as quick as he was even just a few years back. That mobility gave him the edge. Without it, there's no difference between him and Brees. Matter fact, the edge probably goes to Brees since he has been doing this without mobility for years now
Rodgers played the best quarterback I’ve ever seen played late 2016 and into that playoff run. He was 4-1 last year before the injury and looked like Rodgers, and this year he’s only been healthy for a quarter and a half of football.

I’m trying to figure out what drop off you’re seeing.

Members online

Latest posts