Playoffs

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thus... If they make it by beating the Dolphins, Bills, 49ers, Arizona, Jets, Atl, Detroit, and the Bears. Only 1 of which has a winning record.

So that is what I mean when I say the Packers do not deserve a spot in the playoffs.
Yup and has been my point all day. Couple that with a first week win against the Bears, Bills, 49'ers and Dolphins. you aren't talking about a bunch of Dragon Slayers here and they would probably be the team in the Playoffs with the worst record while racking up wins against the weakest strength of schedule opponents.

I would still prefer increasing our odds of a more successful 2019 and beyond with higher draft picks in every round of the upcoming draft, as well as giving some future Packers as much playing time as you can.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what would have to happen for any chance for the Pack to come out and play some more.

In summary
If the Packers close the year at 5-0, they have an outside chance at the division title (if the Bears really collapse), but that's pretty unlikely.

To get a wild card, they'd have to pass all but one of the following: Vikings (6-4-1), the NFC East second-place finisher (either the Cowboys or Washington, both 6-5), Seahawks (6-5), Panthers (6-5) and Eagles (5-6). None of those teams are locks for the playoffs, so it's at least within reach.

The Vikings would need to lose three of five since they own the tiebreaker over the Packers, and the Seahawks would have to lose twice more with a fairly easy schedule, so those are the two biggest problems. If both win 10 games, the Packers can't catch them.

You can find more details on all the scenarios of the teams that would help us here:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-packers-can-still-reach-playoffs/2113877002/

Time to wake up the reality that it won't happen and that other teams in our divis. are stronger than us this year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind, I shortened your post below:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Well, that would explain the certain blind optimism by a certain (Red) X rated poster around here.
He sees that outside his window every morning.
Someone told him, "The 2018 Packers have as much of a chance to make the playoffs as you do seeing a cheese hat wearing unicorn."

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just had to give you the funny for that because that is just freaking heelarious!
Thanx for that laugh!
Now excuse me as I go get a rag to clean off my screen from the beer I spewed from cracking up!
Try drinking milk. It’s better for you. ;)

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what would have to happen for any chance for the Pack to come out and play some more.

In summary
If the Packers close the year at 5-0, they have an outside chance at the division title (if the Bears really collapse), but that's pretty unlikely.

To get a wild card, they'd have to pass all but one of the following: Vikings (6-4-1), the NFC East second-place finisher (either the Cowboys or Washington, both 6-5), Seahawks (6-5), Panthers (6-5) and Eagles (5-6). None of those teams are locks for the playoffs, so it's at least within reach.

The Vikings would need to lose three of five since they own the tiebreaker over the Packers, and the Seahawks would have to lose twice more with a fairly easy schedule, so those are the two biggest problems. If both win 10 games, the Packers can't catch them.

You can find more details on all the scenarios of the teams that would help us here:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-packers-can-still-reach-playoffs/2113877002/

Time to wake up the reality that it won't happen and that other teams in our divis. are stronger than us this year.
So you quote an article stating that the Packers could very well make the playoffs and get the help they need and use it as “evidence” that the season is over. This is what too much beer does folks. :D

How long until you throw our current hall-of-fame quarterback under the bus and change your name to “Forget Aaron”? :rolleyes:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoffs does not sound like a realistic outcome for the Pack this season, given both their current record and what seems to be a dysfunctional locker-room. Last off-season brought some much-needed change to the organization, but it appears there is more work to be done.

Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can move forward.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you quote an article stating that the Packers could very well make the playoffs and get the help they need and use it as “evidence” that the season is over. This is what too much beer does folks. :D

How long until you throw our current hall-of-fame quarterback under the bus and change your name to “Forget Aaron”? :rolleyes:
To your first comment:

Answer to your question on a name change: I'll do that only if he gets all prima donna wishy washy on us playing games of retiring or not and then goes to a rival team to stab us in the back.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plant based milks are.
Milk from animals are not since there is a whole laundry list of health problems that can be attributed to them.
Put your cows back on grass, raise cows with better nutritional content instead of more production ie, Guernsey vs. Holstein and don't drink a gallon every 2 days and you'll probably be fine. Also quite stripping all the fat away that gets rid of all the vit A, D, E, and some K, all the naturally derived fat soluble vitamins our bodies need too and replacing them with manmade vitamins that aren't as readily used by the body. All sorts of plant betacarotenes end up in the milk of quality cows put on natural pastures which you then consume that provides protective effects against all sorts of things that include almost any chronic inflammatory disease on the list and cancer.

Or continue to put hundreds and thousands of holsteins because they produce the most, in a shed where the stand on concrete for their entire lives eating crap and producing crap and think it's actually the "milk" that is bad for you and not what we've done to it. Feed them loads of nutritionally defunct corn meal crap that is very high in energy, stick them on concrete for the duration of their lives, keep them well medicated because living in those conditions would result in a lot of disease and death if you didn't, strip the fat away because "fat is bad" lol and be left with a highly inflammatory concoction of milk sugars, some protein, and man made vitamins added back in and wonder why it's not that good for you.

To keep it on topic, if Aaron Rodgers would drink the good stuff, he can afford it, we'd make the playoffs for sure.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put your cows back on grass, raise cows with better nutritional content instead of more production ie, Guernsey vs. Holstein and don't drink a gallon every 2 days and you'll probably be fine. Also quite stripping all the fat away that gets rid of all the vit A, D, E, and some K, all the naturally derived fat soluble vitamins our bodies need too and replacing them with manmade vitamins that aren't as readily used by the body. All sorts of plant betacarotenes end up in the milk of quality cows put on natural pastures which you then consume that provides protective effects against all sorts of things that include almost any chronic inflammatory disease on the list and cancer.

Or continue to put hundreds and thousands of holsteins because they produce the most, in a shed where the stand on concrete for their entire lives eating crap and producing crap and think it's actually the "milk" that is bad for you and not what we've done to it. Feed them loads of nutritionally defunct corn meal crap that is very high in energy, stick them on concrete for the duration of their lives, keep them well medicated because living in those conditions would result in a lot of disease and death if you didn't, strip the fat away because "fat is bad" lol and be left with a highly inflammatory concoction of milk sugars, some protein, and man made vitamins added back in and wonder why it's not that good for you.

To keep it on topic, if Aaron Rodgers would drink the good stuff, he can afford it, we'd make the playoffs for sure.
Dairy leaches calcium from the bones which is a cause of osteoporosis in elderly women.
Got pus?
Cow's milk does.
And then there is the animal cruelty that goes with it.
Dairy is ****.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dairy leaches calcium from the bones which is a cause of osteoporosis in elderly women.
Got pus?
Cow's milk does.
And then there is the animal cruelty that goes with it.
Dairy is ****.

Eat whatever you like.

The rest of us will do the same, whether you approve or not.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus, something that could possibly get the Adult Asylum going again. Nothing posted there for almost two months, and I found it more stimulating than the Packer discussions lately.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints over Cowboys, Giants over Bears, Bucs over Panthers, Patriots over Vikings, 49ers over Seahawks, and Eagles over Redskins would all benefit the Packers this week.

Along with a Packers W, of course.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints over Cowboys, Giants over Bears, Bucs over Panthers, Patriots over Vikings, 49ers over Seahawks, and Eagles over Redskins would all benefit the Packers this week.

Along with a Packers W, of course.

Won't get more than three of those.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Posted this in the Kizer thread, but looks like the OP deleted the title:

The Packers have an 82% chance of making the playoffs by winning out. Those odds actually increase to 83% if the Vikings win out and increase to 85% if the Bears win out.

If the Vikings AND the Bears win out all the way until their week 17 matchup, regardless of the outcome of that game, the Packers have a 71% chance of making the playoffs.

The thought of starting Kizer shouldn't even enter the minds of anyone associated with the Packers until (if) they lose another game.

Very little at this point is certain. What we do know though is that the Saints and Rams will win their respective divisions. And we also know that we don't need to concern ourselves with teams that have 7 losses or more, given that winning out gives us just 6 losses.

So teams that have no barring on the Packers:

Saints
Rams

Giants
Lions
Falcons
Bucs
Cardinals
49ers

That leaves the following teams:

Cowboys (6-5), Redskins (6-5), Eagles (5-6) (one of these teams have to win the division)
Panthers (6-5)
Seahawks (6-5)
Bears (8-3), Vikings (6-4-1) (lets assume one of these teams win the division)

So assuming we're looking at a wild card berth, we are essentially competing with 5 teams for 2 spots since out of that above list, two of those teams have to win the division.

The Cowboys to me are the favorite for the division right now
The Redskins could self destruct without Alex Smith.
The Eagles have been a mess all year and have a brutal schedule
The Panthers have lost three in a row and still play the Saints twice
The Seahawks have to play the Chiefs, albeit at home, otherwise fairly easy schedule
- (they do however play the Vikings, which is a guaranteed loss for one of those teams, assuming no tie)
The Bears are the favorite for the division right now
The Vikings are at the Patriots and at the Seahawks (guaranteed loss for one team), along with two division games to finish out. A 2-3 finish is more than just a small possibility given that schedule, which would put the Packers ahead of them.

This puppy is far from over and it's also far more likely than not that the Packers make the playoffs if they win out.

All isn't lost just yet. Catching fire at the right time could be dangerous.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The really fun thing to consider is that if we do make the playoffs, it will almost certainly be against the bears or Vikings.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
this has to happen...

I would place the odds of the "4 out of 5 must happen" actually happening higher than the Packers winning out. Buy hey, if the Packers win out, then I would say that they finally figured some things out and they probably deserve to be in the Playoffs.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would place the odds of the "4 out of 5 must happen" actually happening higher than the Packers winning out. Buy hey, if the Packers win out, then I would say that they finally figured some things out and they probably deserve to be in the Playoffs.
yeah...min losing 3, and the Packers winning-out, are the long shots. the other four scenarios are very doable.

Last edited: