Playoffs

D

Deleted member 6794

Sure, but that's one game. To go against another team that has played well all season or at least gotten hot at the end the next week, and the next and expect victories is not realistic.

It wasn't realistic to expect the Packers winning the Super Bowl entering the 2010 playoffs either.

If you watched the game last week, Towards the end of the 4th quarter, the commentators went over odds of making playoffs for both teams. The playoff calculator that network used put the packers odds at 3%.

According to Football Outsiders the Packers have a 14.4% chance of making the playoffs.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

OP
OP
Mike McCarthy

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have seen this team “look like a mess” and then turn it around far too often to be calling the season “over”.
Didn’t say it was over just stated the odds are about 3% which is right on the verge of being over. Also predicted a big victory today over a poor opponent that will get everyone’s hopes up. We have also seen that plenty before, the next team of equal quality or superior talent will officially bring an end to this seasons playoff talk is my take on how this will play out.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn’t say it was over just stated the odds are about 3% which is right on the verge of being over. Also predicted a big victory today over a poor opponent that will get everyone’s hopes up. We have also seen that plenty before, the next team of equal quality or superior talent will officially bring an end to this seasons playoff talk is my take on how this will play out.
The Packers bring their play to a higher level in December under Mike McCarthy. That’s been the history of this team. I have no reason to believe this year will be any different. I expect a 5-0 month.

OP
OP
Mike McCarthy

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Awesome thats terrific. I feel much better now, all warm and fuzzy inside. Football outsiders wasn’t broadcasting the game last week however.

I wasn't able to watch the game last week, therefore I have no idea what NBC put up during their broadcast. I posted Football Outsiders numbers as they are a credible source for in-depth analysis.

OP
OP
Mike McCarthy

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't able to watch the game last week, therefore I have no idea what NBC put up during their broadcast. I posted Football Outsiders numbers as they are a credible source for in-depth analysis.
Any way we want to cut it the chances are slim. Can it happen yet? Absolutely. Is it likely? No.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't realistic to expect the Packers winning the Super Bowl entering the 2010 playoffs either.

Although I'd say it could be argued that (1) going in on a couple of pretty much must-have wins and (2) the old 'never down by more than a score' all season meant that is was reasonable, I can certainly live with the expectation that it was a pipe dream. That just made it all the more satisfying, since I was fully prepared for a 'nice try, guys, better luck next year' playoffs. It was pretty hard to look at that team and see the warts that have arisen this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Although I'd say it could be argued that (1) going in on a couple of pretty much must-have wins and (2) the old 'never down by more than a score' all season meant that is was reasonable, I can certainly live with the expectation that it was a pipe dream. That just made it all the more satisfying, since I was fully prepared for a 'nice try, guys, better luck next year' playoffs. It was pretty hard to look at that team and see the warts that have arisen this year.

I fully agree that this year's team doesn't have me feel like the 2010 squad but there's a chance, lbeitna pretty small one, they get their act together. Maybe taking a look at the 2011 Giants makes you feel better about our chances ;)

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved him calling out each of the remaining 5 teams. When Aaron makes statements like these, it's usually very calculated and you can bet that he is going to do his damn best to make sure it happens. I can see his press conference statement being repeated and made into a song once they run the table and make the playoffs. ;)

:tup:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prob should lock this.. No sense anymore .. Or keep for laughs
I just brought the zombie back out but it's prob. run it's course and will go back in the ground soon enough.
Braiiiiiiiins! Must have good head coach braiiiiiiiiins!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would need the Redskins, Panthers, and Seahawks to each Lose at least three times. In addition, the eagles to lose at least twice. And that's if we win our last four. Ain't going to happen.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12 NFL teams make the playoffs each year. Often times not the best 12 teams because of the deviation of schedule, division strength, conference strength, playing less than 50% of nfl teams, etc. The Packers are not a top 12 team in the NFL.

There is no need to clarify this portion, I have stated this multiple time. The Packers ARE NOT a good team.

This team doesn't deserve the playoffs, and needs to miss them again to get the shake-ups needed to get them back on track.

As stated before, any type of prediction that you made in the past is considered hindsight. The difference is... I saw the writing on the wall before you did.

Members online

Latest posts