Looking at the ESPN Playoff Machine, these are the current NFC playoff seeds:

1. Saints - BYE
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Giants
5. Rams
6. Bucaneers
7. Cardinals

The only other teams that I think could potentially compete for the final spots are San Francisco and Minnesota. Who scares you the most as a Packers playoff opponent?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody. Since there's no big gap between anybody, everybody is a threat.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still Bucs. If Saints have Brees back, they'd be close second. Think Rams take final spot in my top to avoid list.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Truthfully, any team with an experienced head coach and QB. Pettine's schemes seem easily scouted. We won't lose because of our offense.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Still Bucs. If Saints have Brees back, they'd be close second. Think Rams take final spot in my top to avoid list.
I'm not near as worried about the Bucs as I was a few weeks ago given that they most likely would have to come to Lambeau. In Tampa is another story.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not near as worried about the Bucs as I was a few weeks ago given that they most likely would have to come to Lambeau. In Tampa is another story.
Empty stadiums present a different dynamic and home field advantages might play out differently.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got a guy that walks on water! I fear NO ONE! XD

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
It's the playoffs and anyone can get hot at any time. In saying that, this is a fun game. In order of scariness:

1. Rams
2. Seahawks
3. Bucaneers
4. Cardinals
5. Saints
6. Giants

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Saints - BYE
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Giants
5. Rams
6. Bucaneers
7. Cardinals

The only other teams that I think could potentially compete for the final spots are San Francisco and Minnesota. Who scares you the most as a Packers playoff opponent?

If you go into the playoffs with a "scared" mindset, you probably won't be around too long.

Let the other guy be scared.

Krabs

Reaction score
I'm scared of my shadow. The players need that mindset!

I'm scared to reply to this message. Barely made it through the experience. I'm better off for it though. It builds character facing your fears.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota if they get hot, Rams are a nightmare. The Saints to me are beatable as they have an old man to throw at. If you run inside on Tampa can be beat but you have to pressure the statue and run behind center.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Empty stadiums present a different dynamic and home field advantages might play out differently.
You're completely missing the point.

Home crowds aren't at all what I'm referring to. I'm referring to different footing in cold weather. In potential snow. Slippery surfaces. Wind. Etc.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Two NFC South teams.

Tampa because their LB's are freaky fast and they were able to blitz them constantly without our being able to pick it up.

And New Orleans because Alvin Kamara.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're completely missing the point.

Home crowds aren't at all what I'm referring to. I'm referring to different footing in cold weather. In potential snow. Slippery surfaces. Wind. Etc.
Ah, valid point that. Totally missed your point there!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Rams. They run the ball, their defense is legit, and I think McVay would eat Pettine’s lunch.

Krabs

Reaction score
Giants. They've done it twice, with not good teams.

If one of the teams you are talking about is 2011 the Giants went on to win the Super Bowl over an undefeated Patriots team. Can't say that is not a good team. You don't win the Super Bowl with a bad one.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been said any team that runs the ball well and can get to the qb. So my list might looks something like
1. Saints - Davenport and Thomas missed their game with us.
2. Rams - That defense can get to the passer. I think they are starting to figure out Akers is their best back too
3. Bucs - We saw both the running game and pass rush on display against us
4. 49ers - I know this might seem crazy but they still have pieces to give us a major headache if healthy
5. Seahawks - They really dont have anything i mentioned but they have Wilson
6. Cardinals - Running qbs have given us fits in the past
7. Washington - They have started to run the ball well and can get to the qb
8. Vikings - They beat us once. Their offense can give us problems for sure
9 Giants - just not worried here

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Saints - BYE
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Giants
5. Rams
6. Bucaneers
7. Cardinals

Where did you see the ESPN playoff machine? It's about that time of year for it, but I don't see it on their site

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are three quarters of the way into the season, and I'm looking at tiers and balance. Meaning the teams with the best chance are the most balanced moving forward. So here's how I see it. Again with there being no big gap from top to bottom things could change a lot.
Tier 1- Saints-the defense is starting to play like many people thought it capable of, and when healthy the offense is loaded with talent that could put up points on anyone.
Bucs-. since clobbering us, they've been up and down, either very good or very bad.
But if they can get it together consistently, they have more than enough talent on both sides of the ball to go all the way.

Tier2-. Packers-. Rodgers and a talented multifaceted offense make them dangerous, but the defense will again hold them back. Special teams have become an issue. Not so hot since 4-0 start.
Rams-. that defense can be a big problem. Plenty of talent on offense too, I just don't trust Goff in the big spots.
Seahawks- the defense has been much better lately, but it's still too much the Russell Wilson show.
Cardinals-too inconsistent, the mark of an up and coming young team. Still a year away, but can't be underestimated.

Latest posts