Playoff Picture - 2017/18 (Updated weekly - End of Wk 14)

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you should look at how Keenum had been playing and be careful.

I have seen the kid play. He's on some of my fantasy rosters. He also has complimentary backs and a great defense that gives him the ball back in good/great situations. You make Keenum throw a lot and he will crumble.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. They will both be free agents in the offseason. The way Case Keenum is playing now, he will want
I have seen the kid play. He's on some of my fantasy rosters. He also has complimentary backs and a great defense that gives him the ball back in good/great situations. You make Keenum throw a lot and he will crumble.

You are just hating on him because he is a Viking, right? The Rams had a very good defense and RB when Case Keenum was there. It is obviously the coaching.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are just hating on him because he is a Viking, right? The Rams had a very good defense and RB when Case Keenum was there. It is obviously the coaching.

I will always hate on any Viking, that's why I use my Jennings jersey as a makeshift mop. I don't hold Favre in high esteem either. He is a HOF and warrior, but what the hell?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yea, I don't like any Viking. Plus Fisher is garbage. He's like that police captain in the movies that doesn't know anything but has final say. Jeff Fisher is the Dennis Frantz of the NFL.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless something major happens in the next few weeks, like Hudley turns into the second coming of Rodgers, the Jaguars defense gets on the wrong bus and wakes up in Packer uniforms......this current team is more likely to be in the discussion of what top 10 players will they be looking at in the draft.
I think the most likely scenario (unfortunately) has us picking in the top 20 of the draft, not the top 10. My guess is we win just enough games to just miss the playoffs.
Right now this looks like a really bad year to try to sneak into the playoffs in the NFC, the competition for those last spots is tough, but that could change.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looked at the playoff matchups at the moment at cbssports. You'd have 3 new teams (missed last year) in the AFC and 5 in the NFC.
It's been a strange season, and I don't think the bizarreness is over yet.

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If either Latavius Murray or Jerrick McKinnon go down, then maybe. Without a run game, Vikings go pass happy, they'll fail, Defense gets tired logging more minutes. I hope your hope becomes true.

The Vikes next 4 games are:

Vs Rams
@ Lions on thanksgiving
@ Falcons
@ Panthers

Meanwhile, our next 4 include home games vs Ravens and Bucs and a trip to Cleveland.

I don't even think we need injuries to Vikings, there's a good chance to catch them before Rodgers (hopefully) returns.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The way Case Keenum is playing now, he will want to be a starter and get paid like one.
My bet is that Case is back in MN next year as Teddy's backup. If you think of a team that will sign him to be starter, please let us know who it would be. Because I don't see it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bet is that Case is back in MN next year as Teddy's backup. If you think of a team that will sign him to be starter, please let us know who it would be. Because I don't see it.
I'm a littl surprised to see you post this..... Do you really think Bridgewater is that much better? We have not seen him play in a long time. I'm not disagreeing ... just a genuine question.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vs Rams
@ Lions on thanksgiving
@ Falcons
@ Panthers

Meanwhile, our next 4 include home games vs Ravens and Bucs and a trip to Cleveland.

I don't even think we need injuries to Vikings, there's a good chance to catch them before Rodgers (hopefully) returns.

I think its optimistic, not impossible. I do think we can catch the Vikings. However, I think injuries to the Vikings is gonna help us get there. The Vikings have a tough schedule coming up. Everson Griffen is injured, and I'm curious to see if/how he plays against the Rams. If the Vikings lose Griffen with their upcoming schedule, then that's a huge blow. I got the Rams winning this Sunday, the Lions pulling off an upset in their house on National TV, a motivated Falcons (trying to keep up in the NFC South) eeking out a win in their house, and finally the Panthers pulling a "Negan" on the Vi-Queens at their house. Maybe the Vikings get a couple blows on Newton and the others, softening him up for the Packers, so possibly AR12 returns and gets rolling. Its optimistic, yes, not impossible.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because of his knee injury, the Vikings did not pick up Teddy Bridgewater's fifth-year option. If Case Keenum has another year remaining on his contract, he will end up being the only QB in Minnesota on March 9 unless Teddy signs a prove-it deal.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Because of his knee injury, the Vikings did not pick up Teddy Bridgewater's fifth-year option. If Case Keenum has another year remaining on his contract, he will end up being the only QB in Minnesota on March 9 unless Teddy signs a prove-it deal.
Per OTC
Case Keenum signed a one year, $2 million contract with the Vikings on April 4, 2017. We have not yet confirmed the details of the contract but are estimating that he received $250,000 to sign and that another $750,000 is available in per game roster bonuses. If you use this information please credit OTC and mention that it is not confirmed.
Vikings 2018 Total Cap Liabilities: $126,554,894
  • Top 51: $125,900,078
  • Team Cap Space: $51,445,106

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Vikes don't currently have a QB under contract for next year. But I'm not worried about it. They will get it done before the end of the season.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vs Rams
@ Lions on thanksgiving
@ Falcons
@ Panthers

The problem with that schedule is everyone they're playing are teams ahed of us in the playoff race. It could end up being a one step up one step back thing for us.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Vikes don't currently have a QB under contract for next year. But I'm not worried about it. They will get it done before the end of the season.
Vikings have had quite a bit of success just finding a QB that fits their system. I think I remember reading that they have had something like 15-16 different starters @ QB in the last 12 years?

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with that schedule is everyone they're playing are teams ahed of us in the playoff race. It could end up being a one step up one step back thing for us.

True. As long as we win, then we'll be making gains on either the division or the wild cards, they all play each other in the next few weeks!

Members online

Latest posts