Playoff Picture - 2017/18 (Updated weekly - End of Wk 14)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought we can have a thread to discuss general playoff picture heading on to tail half of the season....and out optimistic hopes of making it.

Week 8:

https://fansided.com/2017/10/29/nfl-playoff-picture-wild-card-standings-week-8/

AFC:

1. Patriots (6-2)
2. Steelers (5-2)

3. Chiefs (5-2)
4. Titans (4-3)
5. Bills (5-2)
6. Jaguars (4-3)​

Wild Card: Chiefs vs. Jaguars
Wild Card: Titans vs. Bills​

NFC:

1. Eagles (7-1)
2. Vikings (6-2)

3. Seahawks (5-2)
4. Saints (5-2)
5. Rams (5-2)
6. Panthers (5-3)

Wild Card: Seahawks vs. Panthers
Wild Card: Saints vs. Rams
Lions are close behind Panthers. Head to Head, we need to beat Lions (twice) and Panthers if we have to remain optimistic.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I do not want to talk playoffs until I see something out of Hundley that does not make me think he is the worst QB starting a game in the league right now. Until I see that, no playoff talk yet.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not want to talk playoffs until I see something out of Hundley that does not make me think he is the worst QB starting a game in the league right now. Until I see that, no playoff talk yet.
Agreed.
Way too soon and too depressing at not seeing the Packers name up there.
Do not count them out yet.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even thinking playoffs, we need to win our next game and go from there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Time for the Jim Mora link. You all heard it in your head, admit it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Time for the Jim Mora link. You all heard it in your head, admit it.

If I told anyone just how many times and in how many different situations his voice has played in my head saying those words, people would shun me.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and out optimistic hopes of making it.
Is it significant that you spelled the word "OUT" instead of "our" when talking about our playoff chances?

I agree with PackAttack12, our best chance is a Viking collapse. The competition for a wild card spot looks pretty tough right now.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The competition for a wild card spot looks pretty tough right now.
Can have no more than 6 total losses and then plan on a tiebreaker. We win the tie with Seattle and Dallas at the moment. Atlanta loss could hurt and we still have Carolina to go. Sweep Detroit to keep them out.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With week 10 in the books, I was starting to take a look at the NFC playoff picture and had to wonder: How come the Boys are ahead of us for a wild card spot, given we won the head to head?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
With week 10 in the books, I was starting to take a look at the NFC playoff picture and had to wonder: How come the Boys are ahead of us for a wild card spot, given we won the head to head?

I believe the first tie breaker for wild card is conference record.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AFC Division Leaders W L

Steelers 7 - 2
Patriots 7 - 2
Chiefs 6 - 3
Titans 6 - 3

AFC Wild Card W L

Jaguars 6 - 3
Bills 5 - 4

In the hunt:

Miami Dolphins (4-4, playing Carolina on Monday), Baltimore Ravens (4-5), Oakland Raiders (4-5).

NFC Division Leaders W L

Eagles 8 - 1
Vikings 7 - 2
Saints 7 - 2
Rams 7 - 2

NFC Wild Card W L

Seahawks 6 - 3
Panthers 6 - 3

In the hunt:

Atlanta Falcons (5-4), Detroit Lions (5-4), Green Bay Packers (5-4), Dallas Cowboys (5-4).

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I believe the first tie breaker for wild card is conference record.
The first tie breaker for non conference opponents in determining wild card spots is head-to-head record, then conference record.

Thankfully, the Packers will have the head to head tie breaker on the Seahawks and Cowboys due to the work that was put in pre-Rodgers injury, but unfortunately the Falcons will hold that advantage on us. The Packers will also have the chance to earn the tie breaker advantage over Carolina in week 15.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first tie breaker for non conference opponents in determining wild card spots is head-to-head record, then conference record.

Thankfully, the Packers will have the head to head tie breaker on the Seahawks and Cowboys due to the work that was put in pre-Rodgers injury, but unfortunately the Falcons will hold that advantage on us. The Packers will also have the chance to earn the tie breaker advantage over Carolina in week 15.
That's true but when there are more than Two teams involved... the head to head is no longer relevant....

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take our mash unit team on the road in the playoffs? No thanks, know how that movie ends.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true but when there are more than Two teams involved... the head to head is no longer relevant....
If there are more than two teams, don't they take the best head to head winning percentage of the teams involved, as the first tiebreaker?
This is more of a question than a statement, the NFL tiebreaking system is kind of confusing.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there are more than two teams, don't they take the best head to head winning percentage of the teams involved, as the first tiebreaker?
This is more of a question than a statement, the NFL tiebreaking system is kind of confusing.
no, unless all three (or more teams have played each other) they go to the next tiebreaker in the list. http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slow down...s l o w .....d o w n.....I am hearing Jim Mora Sr warming up....playoffs PLAYOFFS? Are you kiddin me?

no...don't see it. One win and now its wild card. Be real, Hundley cannot get us there without some help.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We're about to find out just how good the Vikings are. Their only real quality win of the season against a winning team was the Saints in week 1. Since then, they've beaten up on a combination of Bucs, Bears, Pack, Ravens, Browns, Skins. The only team with a winning record in that group are the Packers and that's because of Aaron Rodgers.

Next 4 games:

Rams
@Lions
@Falcons
@Panthers

And then they (hopefully) have to go against a pissed off Aaron Rodgers on the frozen tundra. :sneaky:

Last edited:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first tie breaker for non-conference opponents in determining wild card spots is head-to-head record, then conference record.

Well, Green Bay and Dallas are in the same conference. Do you mean non-division opponents?

Members online

Latest posts