Playoff Picture - 2017/18 (Updated weekly - End of Wk 14)

Reaction score
We're about to find out just how good the Vikings are. Their only real quality win of the season against a winning team was the Saints in week 1. Since then, they've beaten up on a combination of Bucs, Bears, Pack, Ravens, Browns, Skins.
Good point. .and if I might piggyback on that. They beat us against our QB who had never taken a regular season snap.
Dak Prescott lost his Blindside Tackle last week and he literally was getting mauled. I could’ve sworn it was Marshall Newhouse out there but it wasn’t.
GB played on the road at MN without both starting Tackles and a Guard that game.

Last edited:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 10 is over, so let's move on to Week 11. Yes, I know our chances are between slim and none, but this is a time to root against teams with similar records and hope for the best. It is way too early to give up on our team.

Because only NFC teams matter here, I am excluding the AFC playoff races.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree. Our chances are actually pretty good. There's no reason we can't win 2 of the next three games. It's also looking more and more like Rodgers will be able to return for the Carolina game. If we finish the season with 3 wins that gets us to 10 wins and very rarely do you miss the playoffs with 10 wins. When he got hurt, we were at the top of several power rankings, and that was with a ton of injuries on both sides of the ball. If we get to 10 wins with relatively good health across the board, our chances are pretty good.

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's unrealistic to think we go 3-1 in the next 4 weeks, losing only to the Steelers. 8-5.

If that happens and Rodgers can go at Carolina in week 15, we have a great chance.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started a new thread because this one has Week 10 in the title. Am I the only one who cares about that? Oh well, whatever.

We should win three games. Is that realistic without #12?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the first tie breaker for wild card is conference record.
Head-to-head is always first unless you have a situation where teams A B and C all have the same record and team A beat team B, B beat C and C beat A. Without looking, maybe that is the situation.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started a new thread because this one has Week 10 in the title. Am I the only one who cares about that? Oh well, whatever.

We should win three games. Is that realistic without #12?

Of course it's realistic. I'm not sure it's likely, but I do think 2 wins is likely. If we get to 7 wins by Carolina, my money is on Rodgers playing and taking this team all the way.

Reaction score
Regardless of where we are in 4 weeks, we don’t have a Defensive answer even IF Aaron comes back.
No Offense can survive what our Defense gives up, at least not against good teams and consecutive games.
I’m not saying we should “pack it in” just yet, we have to try but realistically the best shot we have is this week pulling out a big Victory.
Otherwise getting this very young team some live game experience is our next best option
We also have a quite a few untested players still. If we’re gonna build on this team for next season, we need to get them acclimated the second half of the season as much as possible to see what we’ve got.
IMHO, while there’s a ton of football left, the Ravens is a MUST Win or else we’re statistically at a very poor position.
This game, albeit against a team under .500 is going to set the tone for us throughout.
GPG !

Last edited:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Head-to-head is always first unless you have a situation where teams A B and C all have the same record and team A beat team B, B beat C and C beat A. Without looking, maybe that is the situation.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

1. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread......I have been searching for it for awhile, but kept looking in "All Other Teams Discussion" and "Fantasy Football". Who would have thunk it would be in a thread discussing the Packers. :coffee:

As much as I want to be an optimist, I have to balance that with being a realist. Unless something major happens in the next few weeks, like Hudley turns into the second coming of Rodgers, the Jaguars defense gets on the wrong bus and wakes up in Packer uniforms......this current team is more likely to be in the discussion of what top 10 players will they be looking at in the draft.

Sadly, if it means positive changes are made within the organization, along with a high draft pick, I will secretly smile at every loss and view this season as a worthwhile lesson in just how much #12 means to the Packers and just how badly they need to change their approach to how to build a top to bottom strong team.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Sadly, if it means positive changes are made within the organization, along with a high draft pick, I will secretly smile at every loss and view this season as a worthwhile lesson in just how much #12 means to the Packers and just how badly they need to change their approach to how to build a top to bottom strong team.
The only issue with that, and you and I have discussed this a bit this week, is will the Packers even make a change if we get a top 10 selection and miss the playoffs? Is it more likely than not that everything will still remain status quo?

I'm not sure of the answer to that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The only issue with that, and you and I have discussed this a bit this week, is will the Packers even make a change if we get a top 10 selection and miss the playoffs? Is it more likely than not that everything will still remain status quo?

I'm not sure of the answer to that.

If the Packer organization uses the Rodgers injury to remain status quo, then not only will it prove what some of us have been saying for awhile now, they really only care about the money and job security or they truly don't see things the way some of us looking in from the outside see it.

I know if I am Aaron Rodgers, I am secretly smiling at just how valuable I am now proving to be to the Packer organization, but I am also frustrated wondering if changes will be made. AR is a competitor, he loves winning. If he sees this how some of us are and the Packers do nothing but follow Status Quo, he is probably wondering wtf he is doing staying in the organization.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread......I have been searching for it for awhile, but kept looking in "All Other Teams Discussion" and "Fantasy Football". Who would have thunk it would be in a thread discussing the Packers. :coffee:

As much as I want to be an optimist, I have to balance that with being a realist. Unless something major happens in the next few weeks, like Hudley turns into the second coming of Rodgers, the Jaguars defense gets on the wrong bus and wakes up in Packer uniforms......this current team is more likely to be in the discussion of what top 10 players will they be looking at in the draft.

Forget about high draft picks. We likely would not pick in the top 10 without trading up.

Reaction score
Twiddle, I don't know where you get "very young team" from. We have a lot of veteran players.
We ranked the 3rd youngest active roster, both in 2015 and 2016 out of 32 teams as of the beginning of the regular season. 2017 we started with the 11th ranked youngest active roster and that was swayed heavily by our FA older veteran signings.

Now, that being said.. Aaron Rodgers (13th season was the longest tenured player on our team and he's IR'd and tied with Martellus Bennett, who was obviously just cut with another injury designation (also his 13th season))

Ahmad Brooks is the 3rd oldest (12th season) and I almost forgot who he was :eek:

Brian Bulaga and Morgan Burnette are tied for the 5th oldest tenured (8th season).

The 2 oldest players are on IR or no longer play for GB. Many more of the most tenured have missed significant time this season. Not to mention one is the designated starting QB who we all know impacts the team more than any other player.

Although your argument about our team having many "Veterans"? What team doesn't??
He look at the bright side.. We got Mason Crosby who is the leading scorer so we have nothing to worry about (I'm saying that sarcastically Brett Goode if you're listening!) :whistling:

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our best bet is a complete collapse by the Minnesota Vikings.

If either Latavius Murray or Jerrick McKinnon go down, then maybe. Without a run game, Vikings go pass happy, they'll fail, Defense gets tired logging more minutes. I hope your hope becomes true.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you trust Case Sleezum slinging the football 35+ times a game, if the running game stalls? Are you a secret Vi-queens fan?

I don't know how Case Keenum would perform without his backup RBs, but so far with the number of throws he is asked to attempt, he is looking pretty good.

No, I am not a Vikings fan. I root for the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts