Playoff Picture - 2017/18 (Updated weekly - End of Wk 14)

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to be an optimist when it comes to GB but I agree with gonzo...this team is going to struggle to win a game the rest of the year...as bad as their defense is with all their starters and now with Matthews and Clark out? Good night GB

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Browns game would still be a win. Now I think it's a coin flip, and that's probably being optomistic.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
"Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."
- John Mckay

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the Packers can earn the NFC's No. 5 seed

1. Packers win out to finish 10-6
  2. Panthers (9-4) go 1-2 with their only win coming against Atlanta in Week 17 to finish 10-6
  3. Seahawks (8-5) go 2-1 over the final three weeks to finish 10-6.

How the Packers can earn the NFC's No. 6 seed
  1. Packers win out to finish 10-6
  2. Panthers go 1-2 with their only win coming against Atlanta in Week 17 to finish 10-6
  3. Seahawks go 3-0 over final three weeks to finish 11-5
  4. Rams go 2-1 -- with a loss to Seattle -- over the final three weeks to finish 11-5

Panthers to play Packers, Bucs, Falcons
Seahawks to play Rams, Cowboys, Cardinals
Rams to play to play Seahawks, Titans, 49ers

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPDATE- Quit dreaming and realize this team has no shot at the playoffs. They had no shot the moment Rodgers's collarbone snapped.
I'd love if they could make it, but I think you are absolutely right. We are out of the playoffs. I read our odds are 750 to 1. Surprisingly, #12 playing instead of 7, does not improve the odds much.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love if they could make it, but I think you are absolutely right. We are out of the playoffs. I read our odds are 750 to 1. Surprisingly, #12 playing instead of 7, does not improve the odds much.
I agree the odds are slim, but there's a small chance there. You can't give up as long as there is a chance. I heard that if we win out, our odds of making the playoffs improve to 87%. Winning out is a tall order, but if anybody can do it, Rodgers can.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we can win out, and I expect to, but we just need too much help at this point. I'm actually shocked we're in this position.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere, but seems like this is the more appropriate place, especially since it seems like many think the Packers playoff chances are bleak.

I read if they run the table (3 games) they are given a 92% chance of making the playoffs.

The Packers are probably going to have to win all three of their remaining games. But if they do, they have a very good chance indeed: 92 percent, according to the Machine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/13/sports/football/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-playoffs.html

D

Deleted member 6794

If the Packers win out the team only needs Carolina and Seattle to lose another game for them to make it to the playoffs. That isn't unrealistic taking a look at the remaining schedule at all.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it, that 3 point Steelers loss might end up the straw that broke the camel's back.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers win out the team only needs Carolina and Seattle to lose another game for them to make it to the playoffs. That isn't unrealistic taking a look at the remaining schedule at all.
It's even better than that, because if Atlanta loses @ New Orleans in week 16, then Carolina plays Atlanta in week 17. In that scenario, either one losing works for the Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Most "Playoff scenarios" give the Packers a high probability of making the playoffs....IF they themselves win out. Given that 2 of the 3 games are on the road, 2 are against very good teams (Carolina and Minnesota) and the other on the road against another team that may be fighting to get in (Lions), I would say my doubts are in the Packers being able to win out, not what other teams have to do if they do run the table.

Let's face it, if the Packers do win out, they may be the most feared team entering the Playoffs, if they stumble and lose a game or 2 and get knocked out, they weren't ready to be a playoff caliber team.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so explain it to me like i am 4 year old..... what honestly and realistically is the most probable chance (assuming we win out)

Panthers to play Packers, Bucs, @ Falcons (1-2) loss to us and falcons only because
Seahawks to play Rams, @ Cowboys, Cardinals (2-1)
Rams to play to play @ Seahawks, @Titans, 49ers (2-1)
Falcons to play @Bucs, @Saints, Panthers (2-1)

assuming my guesses are correct.....

Panthers- 10-6
Seahawks 10-6
Rams 11-5
Falcons 10-6

would have the tie breakers on the panthers and seahawks
rams win the division
falcons 5 seed
packers 6 seed

feel free to correct me

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
so explain it to me like i am 4 year old..... what honestly and realistically is the most probable chance (assuming we win out)

Hands you a lollipop, pats you on the top of the head and says "Don't worry son, Santa will make it all work out". :coffee:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't written the Cowboys off, especially at home with the return of Zeke. They are in the same situation as GB.

They finish the season at Philadlelphia. That is not exactly an easy task even against a backup QB.

We own the HTH tiebreaker against them, so I am not worried. I always want the Cowboys to lose anyway because I hate them.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
They finish the season at Philadlelphia. That is not exactly an easy task even against a backup QB.

We own the HTH tiebreaker against them, so I am not worried. I always want the Cowboys to lose anyway because I hate them.
Cowboys have a chance, but like you alluded to, if the Packers win out, what the Cowboys do is irrelevant.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts