Pittsburgh media: "The Packers didn't win, the Steelers lost"

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Someone needs to explain simple logic to the media types. Unless there is a tie, there is only 1 winning team and 1 losing team in an american tackle football game.

So, with that very simple piece of information, one could reasonably and logically conclude that if the Steelers did lose the game, then their opponent (Green Bay Packers) did actually win the game.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
so if pitt gave away the game then why would they waste their time by winning playoff games to go to the SB? i mean did they really wanna tarnish that undefeated SB record?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PX0xYgm0QQ]YouTube - Superbowl 30 *** Trophy Presentation Dallas Cowboys beat Pittsburgh Steelers[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loRPTj84R3I]YouTube - Vince Lombardi Trophy Presentation at Super Bowl 45[/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
better team won. If not for injuries to the packers we would have won by 28.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
either way everything I heard from steeler fans before the game turned out to be BS. Everything Weezy said came true.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked some of the stuff said here by those trolls..

but check this one out by my fav poster TMC

How I attack the Packers. Super Bowl Edition (Long)..

He tried to break down our team...Lot of good stuff, but lot of ignorant things
I'm not going to waste my time reading that cesspool when we already know the end result.
I don't get it why anyone would spend all that time thinking about it when it doesn't really matter at all win or lose for their team.
All that really matters is the action on game day.
But this part is really funny!
"Steelers 28- Packers 24." :lol: :Heristical:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is why I don't listen to the media.

Also why Steeler fans that were not even alive go great lengths to brag about their 6 Super Bowls. Were half of them even alive to see it? Yeah sure I know, you can see anything today. Just go on Youtube and search videos from the 60's and 70's. Did I live to see the Steelers win in the 70's? I wasn't even born then. Nor was I born when my favorite actor was alive, but that don't mean I go around yelling "Yo what up, I watched Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon!" nor do I brag about how many movies he was in, such as Steeler fans who think they are the coolest kids on the block for going to 8 Super Bowls. Half of the younger Steeler fans brag about Terry Bradshaw and Jack Lambert just from their high light videos on the internet.

Even when the Saints won it last year, what did we hear? "The Colts lost, Peyton Manning gave it to them"

The Steelers had holes in them all year around and the Packers played a hell of a game and knew where to punch at every hole to really bring them down.

No, the Steelers did lose. They lost to the BETTER team. And having 6 Super Bowls don't mean ****, their 2010 team lost the Super Bowl.

To me it seems everyone just wants to suck up to Pittsburgh like they did the Colts last year. it's not their fault, it never is when an AFC team loses.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but that is starting to get my tail in a kink. It's an insult to the Packers, and as a fan, I take that personally and will respond with my sword. The Steelers didn't give the Packers an inch. Not a single bloody inch. The Packers fought all year long for every drop of blood, sweat and tears. They have risen from the ashes time and time again. To say anybody gave them anything makes me want to beat these blokes black and blue with the flat of my sword. Perhaps they are just doing it to soften the blow of the Steelers losing, make it all a little more bearable. But don't do it at the expense of the Packers and try to claim that the Steelers somehow blew the game and allowed the Packers to win. My claws come out at the very thought of it. Maybe this is my Packer Pride bleeding through, but damn, I am proud of them and I will just not take an insult to everything they've worked for.

*Off to shred a steel curtain to ribbons... :)

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I'm not going to waste my time reading that cesspool when we already know the end result.
I don't get it why anyone would spend all that time thinking about it when it doesn't really matter at all win or lose for their team.
I clicked last night and read a little bit. A lot of them fit right into this category ("The Packers didn't win, the Steelers lost"); I think I saw one dissenter who got dog-piled.

I can play the "if" game too: If Woodson and Shields stay in the game, the Steeler offense doesn't do a damned thing. See? We just beat the Steelers 31 - 3, in my head.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Try the whine."
"No thanks. I heard it's made in Pittsburgh from sour grapes."
"But it's 2010 vintage. A very good year."
"Right. But just for Packers fans."

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

Yeah they are funny. 28 to 24 really? Considering our team don't force the ball in double and triple coverage like Big Ben was doing the first half of that game.

And does anyone remember Woodson's injury in that game? He was forcing the ball to CHARLES WOODSON! Had he not got injured, he would have had a pick in that game the way Ben was forcing it around. Hell, the 2nd interception was clueless. He had someone else open, and forced it in double coverage.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pack had lost we would have had cake from the 5 game play off win streak especially with the Bears 2 losses.
But since the Pack had won the SB, not only do we have cake but it also has frosting.

Since the Stealers lost, they don't have any cake at all.

So let us eat cake! (With frosting.)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Don't waste your time reading or listening to Steeler fans whine or complain.

It's like listening to the Bears fans say how "rigged" a game is, or the Vikings fans complain about a pass interference call "********" them in the 2009 NFC Title game.

Even when the Steelers lost to the Cowboys in Super Bowl *** I heard someone say they lost on a bad call, despite Niel O'Donnell throwing picks. And as funny as it sounds, someone has also told me the Cowboys "paid off" O'Donnell to throw those picks. Let me guess, did we pay Rapistburger to throw those 2 interceptions or was he forcing the ball in double coverage all year around? Last time I checked, most of his picks the last couple years is from forcing the ball around.

OP
OP
Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, a lot of people in Pittsburgh believe Neil O'Donnell purposely threw that game. I don't, and no sane fan does, but there are a lot of Pittsburghers who think that somehow O'Donnell wanted to lose the game because he was about to become a free agent and go to another team. I know what you're thinking, it doesn't make any sense. But I've heard the argument over and over again. Now that O'Donnell isn't the only Steeler QB to lose a Super Bowl, he may become less vilified in this city.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I commonly look over other team's media after a game. I mean to tell you that it's my experience that Steeler nation took it like a man. I didn't see alot of whining. I'm not saying there wasn't some. But the organization handled it with class and most of the fans followed suit. I was surprised to be honest. But kudos to the Steeler organization for flat out admitting they got beat. I firmly believe this is the next classiest team and fan base after the Packers.
I'm not gloating, I"m delighted we won, but I'm giving major props to that team as they handled it unlike anything we've seen from our NFC central teams. Certainly classy group those Steelers. If you saw it different, you weren't paying attention.
Philly, Atlanta and certainly Chicago all thought we were lucky, give props to the Steelers, they gave credit to a good team. It was icing on the cake as far as I was concerned. A Super Bowl for the ages.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts