Pickett Will Be Franchised

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
7mil which is nothing to pay for a quality 3-4 starting NT. Especially in an uncapped year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we tag him, even if we remove the tag, it's gone, right?

Then it's a bad move, because he wants a long term deal, and we want him to stay. No reason to tag him. Could be spent with other players...

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Reaction score

Then it's a bad move, because he wants a long term deal, and we want him to stay. No reason to tag him. Could be spent with other players...
We could still get a long term deal done by Thursday....something brewing in packerland tonight just read this tweet from Will Blackmon ""Stay tuned. Whoooa buddy"
Players are vocal tonight...maybe a trade brewing ?

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Reaction score
Hard to say but maybe are buddy TT is going to make an early play in free agency. That would be a "Whoooa Buddy" !

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First the "stupid good" by Mike Martz. Now the "Whoooa Buddy!" by Will Blackmon... What's the next "cool" expression?

But I didn't catch anything from that tweet (twitt?) that suggests it has something to do with TT, or with trades. What made you think so, Wiz?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to say but maybe are buddy TT is going to make an early play in free agency. That would be a "Whoooa Buddy" !

Maybe Blackmon is just referring to the tagging of Pickett itself. It's only reported that Pickett will get tagged but he hasn't yet. Maybe he will this week. That porbably explains Blackmon's excitement.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess that depends on who else is a candidate to tag.

I like Pickett - he's solid.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good move. No one else was worth franchising. Kampman we could place the transition tag on if we really think we need him next season but I doubt that will happen. Now I wonder if they will cut Harris. Might be time 2 since he has a roster bonus coming.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Good move. No one else was worth franchising. Kampman we could place the transition tag on if we really think we need him next season but I doubt that will happen. Now I wonder if they will cut Harris. Might be time 2 since he has a roster bonus coming.

Cutting Al Harris would be a big mistake. Al Harris is the type of football player you always want on your team.

Members online

Latest posts