Pick ONE positional weakness for Offense/Defense/ST

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what do you all think they are.... obviously hard to say bc FA and the Draft is coming up

But, let's just pretend/assume everyone we currently have (including expiring contracts)

***Only pick ONE position that is an obvious weakness and should be addressed***

Offense:
WR - we need a LEGIT number 2 opposition Davante... Justin Jefferson may have been our pick last year if MN hadn't gotten him...and the close Fuller trade showed they are aware of it. I think Lazard and MVS are excellent depth type guys, but moreso WR3 type guys

Defense:
ILB - still a lot of question marks. Young players with promise, but need development. Maybe Joe Barry was also hired with this in mind??? Obviously a CB opposite J'aire would be awesome (but hard to compare since J'aire is easily Top 3 in the NFL) and maybe another DL to pair with Clark... But ILB is most glaring. Perhaps Barry can bring these young guys up???

This has actually been a HUGE weakness for some time as we have ILBers who can pile up tackle stats but can't make plays or cover...hopefully this is covered

ST:
Punter - I liked the JK Scott pick, but we haven't really had a good punter since Masthay or Josh Bidwell.... I mean his inconsistency needs to be addressed. We can argue weather/winds/snow/etc and those are valid points but Crosby has been EXCELLENT and a Top 5-10 kicker in the league for quite some time. I am assuming for PR a mix of Irvin/Tramon/Tavon/rookie/etc should hopefully suffice soon

I think it all depends on the defensive scheme. CB is not as important if we employ a Tampa 2 variation. Sullivan and maybe even Josh Jackson are more than capable of covering the flats. We will 1000% need to draft a stud ILB because this system can’t run without it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only put on players that can play and produce. Nobody else does.

You seriously should stop, to pretend that Gary is useless or Amos or Savage or Barnes is sheer ignorance. 100% unadulterated ignorance.

Gary was one of the highest graded OLBs in the entire league that last stretch of the season...I'd recommend before making such claims have an ounce of substance to them.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it all depends on the defensive scheme. CB is not as important if we employ a Tampa 2 variation. Sullivan and maybe even Josh Jackson are more than capable of covering the flats. We will 1000% need to draft a stud ILB because this system can’t run without it.

The Packers defense won't make necessary improvements if Sullivan or Jackson end up being their #2 cornerback next season. While you might be right that the inside linebacker position needs to be improved as well there shouldn't be any doubt cornerback is the more important one to upgrade.

We had to give 2 picks to move up 4 spots to get Love so one would think we would have to offer a lot more to move up another 4.

The Packers definitely would have had to give up a better pick than the fourth rounder but not necessarily more to move up nine spots.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense won't make necessary improvements if Sullivan or Jackson end up being their #2 cornerback next season. While you might be right that the inside linebacker position needs to be improved as well there shouldn't be any doubt cornerback is the more important one to upgrade.

The Packers definitely would have had to give up a better pick than the fourth rounder but not necessarily more to move up nine spots.

I couldn’t disagree more. Your ILB is the single most important element for this schemes success so this player has to be an absolute stud. The Packers can’t afford a player of this caliber in FA so they must use high draft capital to do so. The CB position might need upgrades but it isn’t necessary to draft a lock down corner for a zone scheme.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You seriously should stop, to pretend that Gary is useless or Amos or Savage or Barnes is sheer ignorance. 100% unadulterated ignorance.

Gary was one of the highest graded OLBs in the entire league that last stretch of the season...I'd recommend before making such claims have an ounce of substance to them.

Gary improved this year I grant you. Our WHOLE defensive backfield sucked aside from Alexander, seriously what games are you watching? Also listening to 'experts' not a great idea, use your eyes. Barnes was injury prone toward the end of the season, so is he a stud, or Kirksey? I don't know yet.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary improved this year I grant you. Our WHOLE defensive backfield sucked aside from Alexander, seriously what games are you watching? Also listening to 'experts' not a great idea, use your eyes. Barnes was injury prone toward the end of the season, so is he a stud, or Kirksey? I don't know yet.

Injury prone LOL dude made freaking plays with a broken thumb. You really should stop

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Amos sucked? Savage sucked?

That is a bold take. It’s wrong, but bold. So I guess good for you?

D

Deleted member 6794

I couldn’t disagree more. Your ILB is the single most important element for this schemes success so this player has to be an absolute stud. The Packers can’t afford a player of this caliber in FA so they must use high draft capital to do so. The CB position might need upgrades but it isn’t necessary to draft a lock down corner for a zone scheme.

While I would definitely like the Packers to have Lavonte David and Devin White at inside linebacker having talented cornerbacks is much more important to the overall success of a defense.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I would definitely like the Packers to have Lavonte David and Devin White at inside linebacker having talented cornerbacks is much more important to the overall success of a defense.

But that is where you are wrong. It’s the exact opposite if we run the Tampa 2. The ILB is on the island. He’s responsible for covering a lot of area and fast. Your CB sits in a zone. Josh Jackson earned a 2nd round draft pick for playing it so well in college. The Packers drafted him and expected him to play man. That obviously failed. We have no idea what he’s capable of in his natural scheme. I can see him or Sullivan filling that spot if not, It is waaaaaayyy easier to find zone corners than one that has to lock up man to man.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But that is where you are wrong. It’s the exact opposite if we run the Tampa 2. The ILB is on the island. He’s responsible for covering a lot of area and fast...
Unfortunately there are NO ILB's in this draft faster than 4.6-4.8 in the forty. Will need to be a converted Safety which GB has unsuccessfully tried to do on a few occasions (Ahmad Thomas in '17, Burks started conversion in college).

We've all known that GB needed more speed at ILB for many years... not easy to find/create.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are NO ILB's in this draft faster than 4.6-4.8 in the forty. Will need to be a converted Safety which GB has unsuccessfully tried to do on a few occasions (Ahmad Thomas in '17, Burks started conversion in college).

We've all known that GB needed more speed at ILB for many years... not easy to find/create.

Your right. These guys aren’t easy to find but there are a few guys to look at. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is Taylor made for us. He is a little light but more than makes up for it in coverage skills and aggression. He could drop because of his size and would be worth the trade up if he makes it to the 20’s. Dylan Moses could be another option. Burks has the perfect combination of size and speed. It’s a shame that it hasn’t translated.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What?! That’s incredibly false.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right. These guys aren’t easy to find but there are a few guys to look at. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is Taylor made for us. He is a little light but more than makes up for it in coverage skills and aggression. He could drop because of his size and would be worth the trade up if he makes it to the 20’s. Dylan Moses could be another option. Burks has the perfect combination of size and speed. It’s a shame that it hasn’t translated.

Dylan Moses wasn’t very good this last year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You folks claiming no sub 4.6 ILBs don't exist in this draft really need to learn to study and research the field of which you're making claims on.

Members online

Latest posts