1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Philip Rivers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gbpack12_2_89, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    What do you guys think?

Everyone is so worried to death about San Diego, I said it just like some writers on PFI said it about how inconsistent he has been so far this year.

I thought San Diego was going to win tonight in the 4th quarter, he drives them down to the red zone and fumbles the ball. What about those dumbass interceptions?

I'm not really worried about him, and Rodgers is going to tear their secondary to pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I was never worried about SD beating GB.

If SD loses this game tonight I think they may miss the playoffs. Chiefs or Raiders take the West.

This SD team has issues.

3. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    lol at that nun holing the efs sign

4. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    So did they not do the new OT rule this year where if you kick a FG then the other team gets a chance at it. I havnt really been paying attention to the rules.

5. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Wow, what a meltdown by SD. Again.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,133
    He is still gonna throw for over 300 on us

7. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    Ya and throw 3 INT's and Funble twice Ill take that with his 300 yards

• Like Like x 1
  8. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    He can throw for 500 if he gives us 5 TOs.

9. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    And Rivers with an Epic Fail moment on not being able to hold on to a snap very Tony Romo of him if i must say so myself

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Steve Young is ripping Rivers right now, says in all his years playing football, even on a highschool level he's never seen someone just fumble the ball when they can kneel on the clock, but instead carelessly fumble and give it to the other team.

11. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    That was pretty bad. SD should have won. I still don't think this team has good leadership either. They are like the Cowboys of the AFC.

You guys have to put them to sleep this weekend. I would rather see the Chiefs or Raiders in the playoffs, would be more interesting.

Last year Peyton Manning threw a game ending pick after a comeback when we could have in reality just kicked it to go to OT in Foxboro. We could have won there (which they were going for) or tied it.I felt that loss completely deflated the team too. They got blown out a week later at home. To make matters worse, I was in NE for the game lol.

12. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Well I'm sure watching that game was a bit of a confidence booster for many, but SD is still dangerous. I just hope we take them seriously and don't come out of the bye week flat. Rivers still has the potential to shred our D, even if he doesn't look it this season.

13. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    I live here in the SD area and I am extremely happy that the Bolts "Phumbled" it away. The officiating was terrible in the first half, with most calls against SD. I did not see the KC fumble that was reversed. Was it? Gates never pushed off, he did but that amount of pushing off has never been called before...but in real time it did look like Offensive PI. How many Chargers left the game due to injuries? Norv Turner spelled backwards is turnover(local joke)......and he will be trying to save his job each week and look for him to run "trick plays" next Sunday. Packers should have a cake walk.......I want to see a blow out here next Sunday so frickin bad, and watch all the 'fairweather" fans walk out in the 3rd quarter!

• Like Like x 1
  14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I am more worried about the lions than chargers

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    So am I. Rivers appears to be in meltdown mode and seems to be taking his team with him. Unless the Lions have a meltdown before they play us, I'd be more worried about them.

16. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Dang...all the meltdown clips from last night are disabled! ...that one fit with him stomping off,..AWESOME!:mad:

17. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    You are right! Just walked in to the office and you would've thought someone died, very somber mood. San Diego, has always been a fraud (way overrated) and it looks the rest of the league had caught onto their shanangins. I said this once and I'll say it again the problem is AJ Smith, he rules with an iron fist and until he's gone the team will only get worse and worse. Norv, might get fired (still don't see it happening, that would mean AJ made a mistake and he's perfect :roflmao:) IF he does get canned, AJ will just bring in another cupcake coach like Norv.
    Aaron Rodgers will tear apart the San Diego D, and C. Woodson will have a pick 6.
    Man, I am so excited for this weeks game! Go Pack Go!!! :tup:

18. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I still expect a tough game. Chargers will be on their home turf.

That being said...They have been playing like crap, they are traveling back and have a short week to prepare to play the best team in the NFL. We will be rested and ready. If we jump out to a quick lead, as is our pattern it will demoralize the Chargers crowd.

In the mean time 40,000 PUMPED UP AND SCREAMING PACK FANS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD WILL BE CHANTING "GO PACK GO!!!!!!!" This will most certainly fire up the Defense. The Southern California Sun will have given Clay super human powers and he will relentlessly pummel Rivers. Rivers will run around the field screaming and yelling at everyone until he gets so emotional and red faced that his head pop's right in front of the whole stadium and national televison.

It will be a DAY OF DAY"S (see Sticky thread San Diego Tailgate - Its Go Time)

• Like Like x 2
  19. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    I hear A-Rod also gains superhuman strength from the native SoCal sun. :tup:

20. CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan Packers fan in Panthers country

Ratings:
    +52
    Is there anyway with how horrid the Chargers are playing right now, that this turns into some sort of a trap game?

21. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Rivers just looks horrible this year. Even Eli looks better than him which I never thought I'd say. Just bad reads, bad throws, miscommunications, and follies (fumbling snaps, unaware of the clock) just really bad football.

If they can't bring their A game for a division rival, I wonder how they are going to approach their game with us on a short week.

22. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    Nice picture, The King and his Knights.

23. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I bet you were one excited kid at Christmas.

Anyway man, I dig your much needed positive energy and vibes. It's most welcome on here.

24. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    I'm type II bi-polar, When I get excited I tend to get VERY excited.

25. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    Not me, I only like women...nudge nudge wink wink. ;)

• Like Like x 1