Patrick Peterson on the trade block

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say that, but it’s still not out of the realm of possibility. The raiders said they weren’t shopping Mack either but where.

H

HardRightEdge

One of the recent articles that I read, stated that if the Packers brought in another CB they could move Tramon Williams to safety where he previously played under Pettine. Williams is still a smart player, but I'm seeing a player that is getting beat due to diminished speed. He needs to be a safety or dime CB. That's why people are talking about another potential CB, because either getting a safety outright or bringing in a safety both have the potential to fix the issue at safety.
King, Alexander, Jackson. Then Breeland, the last guy folks got excisted about. Williams can move to safety, not any kind of long term answer to anything, without another CB acquisiiton.

A lot has been invested in the young corners. They need to play to develop and to find out what you have.

D

Deleted member 6794

One of the recent articles that I read, stated that if the Packers brought in another CB they could move Tramon Williams to safety where he previously played under Pettine. Williams is still a smart player, but I'm seeing a player that is getting beat due to diminished speed. He needs to be a safety or dime CB. That's why people are talking about another potential CB, because either getting a safety outright or bringing in a safety both have the potential to fix the issue at safety.

Williams played a total of four snaps at free safety while Pettine was the Browns head coach. While he played there extensively from week 14-17 in 2016 (PFF grade of 72.6) I highly doubt he has the speed necessary to play single high safety.

H

HardRightEdge

Williams played a total of four snaps at free safety while Pettine was the Browns head coach. While he played there extensively from week 14-17 in 2016 (PFF grade of 72.6) I highly doubt he has the speed necessary to play single high safety.
Are foks really thinking about Williams for FS, as some kind of replacement for Clinton-Dix, now or next season? That's pretty silly. I would consider him paired with C-D in certain matchups this season given Brice's difficulties in coverage even if that means giving up some some tackling ability on the back end. Next season? Absent C-D, if that's the way in comes down, there will be a clear need for a centerfielder. I could see Alexander playing there, but I seriously doubt the Packers would make that move.

D

Deleted member 6794

Are foks really thinking about Williams for FS, as some kind of replacement for Clinton-Dix, now or next season? That's pretty silly. I would consider him paired with C-D in certain matchups this season given Brice's difficulties in coverage even if that means giving up some some tackling ability on the back end.

Williams might be able to effectively perform while being lined up as a box safety from time to time but I would prefer the Packers to use other players there as well.

H

HardRightEdge

Williams might be able to effectively perform while being lined up as a box safety from time to time but I would prefer the Packers to use other players there as well.
I coiuld see Williams making some sense in 2-high safety with C-D given Brice has trouble handling deep coverage.

D

Deleted member 6794

I coiuld see Williams making some sense in 2-high safety with C-D given Brice has trouble handling deep coverage.

Possibly, although Brice predominantly had issues in coverage when lined up as the single high safety.

H

HardRightEdge

Possibly, although Brice predominantly had issues in coverage when lined up as the single high safety.
Well, that first Goodwin deep ball was thrown at Brice looking pretty flat footed in 2-high safety zone with C-D on a double team on the other side. Who was it he ran into at the goal line in an early game giving up an ugly TD? Alexander was it?

His play and field awareness playing the back end looks poor and I don't think he tracks the deep ball very well.

D

Deleted member 6794

His play and field awareness playing the back end looks poor and I don't think he tracks the deep ball very well.

You're definitely right about that but in my opinion the Packers may get by with Brice being one of two safeties being lined up deep.