1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers who will make a big leap forward next season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Who do you guys think will make a leap forward next year to the next level?

2. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +848
    Tori Gurley... JUST KIDDING

1) Randall Cobb - With the eventual loss of Donald Driver, the slot position is ripe for Cobb to take. He has the speed and hands to make an impact as a receiver and is versatile enough to carry the ball out of the backfield. He is going to add a whole new dimension to the offense.

2) Brad Jones - Assuming he stays healthy, Jones has the abilitiy to play inside linebacker and outside linebacker. He's strong in the run game, but needs to develop some pass rush moves. Again, this is contingent on him staying healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Cobb

4. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I shudder w/Cobb. Hope he can hang on to the ball. Hoping Bulaga will have a great year.

5. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Clay is going to dominate.

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I'm looking for Shields and Williams to rebound. Raji needs to step his game up too. I think Finley will be back and be much more productive. And Ryan Grant is probably gone so Starks needs to show that he can be counted on as the top runner.

7. JTheGreat

JTheGreat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Finley without a doubt, will be a top 5 Tightend next year. On defense, I expect tramon to have a huge bounceback season.

8. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Mike Neal.

How nice would that be?

9. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Newhouse. A full offseason will help him a lot - making Clifton expendable.

10. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    My hope is So'oto can make a very big leap this offseason, especially in pass protection. Give us a playmaker bookend for Clay.

11. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    I'm thinking Newhouse. According to Rodgers and co., he showed a lot of improvement as the season went on and he got more experience under his belt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    That would be so nice. Anybody know the time-table for Sherrod's leg to heal?

13. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +848
    Think about it like this: The Packers won something like 12 games with Newhouse as the starting left tackle. That was amazing experience for the young tackle. A full offseason of work will do him very well. I'm hoping he improves and becomes the next Clifton.

14. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +848
    Just thought I'd highlight the "very big" part of the post.

15. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +848
    You do realize Cobb didn't fumble the ball as an offensive player all season, right?

• Like Like x 1
  16. GreenBayGal

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Well, you'll never find me quoting stats as I don't find them necessarily reliable and also because I don't always understand how they're presented on the elaborate grids. (call me ditsy blonde if you'd like). I do however recall jumping up and down and cursing on more than one occassion because he dropped the ball. Maybe it was during the returns.

17. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I will be happy to oblige. You're a ditsy blonde.

18. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Ditsy Ditsy Ditsy Ditys

19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,799
    Here's the obvious joke in reply:
    It will be the running/half back whoever gets the ball and scores the winning TD from the one yard line and makes the big leap into the end zone.

20. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I would say what ever running back comes in, or Cobb.

I have absolutely no faith in Finley at all with the dropped passes. I wish he was getting cut. When I see Jimmy Graham catch balls and take some of the most vicious hits, and still manage to hold onto the ball, I can't help but think if Finley put his effort where his mouth is, he could be that good, but his ego won't allow it.

21. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    How does ego get in the way of effort. I've been trying to figure out what that means, but I've got nothing.

22. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I don't get this either. Bogart is a pretty good poster, but when Finley is the subject, he enjoys going full retard. He makes zero sense. Finley must have checked his mom's oil or something because there is definitely a personal grudge surrounding his severe hate for Finley.

At the same time his hard-on for Jimmy Graham (and the Saint in general) is equally confusing. Seeing as he's just as big of an egomaniac douche by the definition of celebrating which he often likes to cite when comparing the two.

I can tell he's never played a sport in his life or had any kind of injury other than maybe some carpal tunnel syndrome from banging away on his keyboard.

If you've ever had a knee injury or any kind of injury and expect to immediately go back to what you were doing before with the same success rate you'd be singing a different tune.

Offseason will be good not just for Finley but the entire team. If after next season Finley can't catch the football with consistency, I'll eat crow

• Like Like x 1
  23. GreenBayGal

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I knew I could count on you two to take advantage of such an invitation. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    Hopefully Sherrod shows he can start or at the worst be a sixth man next year

25. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    An example of ego getting in the way of effort is when you think and acts like you're better than you are and that you don't have to work hard to make plays because your natural ability and talent will result in the play being made.

Finley LOVES to flap his gums like he's the best to ever play the position. Unfortunately this year we saw we saw a lot more talking than playmaking. Want to talk and act like a champion? Then BE a champion. Make championship type plays instead of talking about how great you are and then dropping the ******* ball.