Packers who will make a big leap forward next season

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you guys think will make a leap forward next year to the next level?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tori Gurley... JUST KIDDING

1) Randall Cobb - With the eventual loss of Donald Driver, the slot position is ripe for Cobb to take. He has the speed and hands to make an impact as a receiver and is versatile enough to carry the ball out of the backfield. He is going to add a whole new dimension to the offense.

2) Brad Jones - Assuming he stays healthy, Jones has the abilitiy to play inside linebacker and outside linebacker. He's strong in the run game, but needs to develop some pass rush moves. Again, this is contingent on him staying healthy.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking for Shields and Williams to rebound. Raji needs to step his game up too. I think Finley will be back and be much more productive. And Ryan Grant is probably gone so Starks needs to show that he can be counted on as the top runner.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley without a doubt, will be a top 5 Tightend next year. On defense, I expect tramon to have a huge bounceback season.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'm looking for Shields and Williams to rebound. Raji needs to step his game up too. I think Finley will be back and be much more productive. And Ryan Grant is probably gone so Starks needs to show that he can be counted on as the top runner.
My hope is So'oto can make a very big leap this offseason, especially in pass protection. Give us a playmaker bookend for Clay.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking Newhouse. According to Rodgers and co., he showed a lot of improvement as the season went on and he got more experience under his belt.

Think about it like this: The Packers won something like 12 games with Newhouse as the starting left tackle. That was amazing experience for the young tackle. A full offseason of work will do him very well. I'm hoping he improves and becomes the next Clifton.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
You do realize Cobb didn't fumble the ball as an offensive player all season, right?

Well, you'll never find me quoting stats as I don't find them necessarily reliable and also because I don't always understand how they're presented on the elaborate grids. (call me ditsy blonde if you'd like). I do however recall jumping up and down and cursing on more than one occassion because he dropped the ball. Maybe it was during the returns.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Well, you'll never find me quoting stats as I don't find them necessarily reliable and also because I don't always understand how they're presented on the elaborate grids. (call me ditsy blonde if you'd like). I do however recall jumping up and down and cursing on more than one occassion because he dropped the ball. Maybe it was during the returns.

I will be happy to oblige. You're a ditsy blonde.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the obvious joke in reply:
It will be the running/half back whoever gets the ball and scores the winning TD from the one yard line and makes the big leap into the end zone.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I would say what ever running back comes in, or Cobb.

I have absolutely no faith in Finley at all with the dropped passes. I wish he was getting cut. When I see Jimmy Graham catch balls and take some of the most vicious hits, and still manage to hold onto the ball, I can't help but think if Finley put his effort where his mouth is, he could be that good, but his ego won't allow it.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
How does ego get in the way of effort. I've been trying to figure out what that means, but I've got nothing.

I don't get this either. Bogart is a pretty good poster, but when Finley is the subject, he enjoys going full retard. He makes zero sense. Finley must have checked his mom's oil or something because there is definitely a personal grudge surrounding his severe hate for Finley.

At the same time his hard-on for Jimmy Graham (and the Saint in general) is equally confusing. Seeing as he's just as big of an egomaniac ****** by the definition of celebrating which he often likes to cite when comparing the two.

I can tell he's never played a sport in his life or had any kind of injury other than maybe some carpal tunnel syndrome from banging away on his keyboard.

If you've ever had a knee injury or any kind of injury and expect to immediately go back to what you were doing before with the same success rate you'd be singing a different tune.

Offseason will be good not just for Finley but the entire team. If after next season Finley can't catch the football with consistency, I'll eat crow

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does ego get in the way of effort. I've been trying to figure out what that means, but I've got nothing.

An example of ego getting in the way of effort is when you think and acts like you're better than you are and that you don't have to work hard to make plays because your natural ability and talent will result in the play being made.

Finley LOVES to flap his gums like he's the best to ever play the position. Unfortunately this year we saw we saw a lot more talking than playmaking. Want to talk and act like a champion? Then BE a champion. Make championship type plays instead of talking about how great you are and then dropping the ****ing ball.

Members online

Latest posts