Packers vs. Vikings

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A1MEANGREEN said:
Sorry Nodak. It's your Coach that sucks, not your team :doh:

More or less...

You cannot get away with a below average QB in this league. The balance of the talent on any team is very close but below average QB vs. above average QB is HUGE. The #1 biggest discrepency in football is the QB as far as the effect it will have on the record.

If our QB play is below average you can bet our record will show it.

Also, don't pay guys like they have with Hutch and Allen and a couple others and end up with the kind of depth you need to get you through in the later part of the year when guys go down.

It's great to name guys and say "we got Hutch and we got Allen" but if you got nothing BEHIND all these guys your generally going to be screwed. This is probably the biggest thing all the experts miss when they get all whacked out every time a big FA deal or trade is made. If that team is not 45 deep one or two guys aint going to mean much but they sure like to think it will.

Deep teams go deep. Not many are deeper than ours and that's just fact. Almost EVERY guy I heard before and after the draft said "well, they're a pretty darn deep team talent wise without a lot of needs".

I'll take that. Even at Guard though we're not great there the drop off with the next guy is negligable. Our weakest backup might be CB but hey, whose different there?

As long as our QB plays better than theirs, I'm not worried much about the Vikings.

OP
OP
P

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
A1MEANGREEN said:
Sorry Nodak. It's your Coach that sucks, not your team :doh:

More or less...

You cannot get away with a below average QB in this league. The balance of the talent on any team is very close but below average QB vs. above average QB is HUGE. The #1 biggest discrepancy in football is the QB as far as the effect it will have on the record.

If our QB play is below average you can bet our record will show it.

Also, don't pay guys like they have with Hutch and Allen and a couple others and end up with the kind of depth you need to get you through in the later part of the year when guys go down.

It's great to name guys and say "we got Hutch and we got Allen" but if you got nothing BEHIND all these guys your generally going to be screwed. This is probably the biggest thing all the experts miss when they get all whacked out every time a big FA deal or trade is made. If that team is not 45 deep one or two guys aint going to mean much but they sure like to think it will.

Deep teams go deep. Not many are deeper than ours and that's just fact. Almost EVERY guy I heard before and after the draft said "well, they're a pretty darn deep team talent wise without a lot of needs".

I'll take that. Even at Guard though we're not great there the drop off with the next guy is negligible. Our weakest backup might be CB but hey, whose different there?

As long as our QB plays better than theirs, I'm not worried much about the Vikings.
Amen to that man

Latest posts