Packers vs Seattle Week 2

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure "mammories" and Crisco should be used in the same post without some editing
Not sure where you come from, but I grew up with a product called "Crisco" that my mother used for baking, I think. I found other uses for it, but that is neither here nor there. So, a like for the name and the mammories it brings me. Oops. Spellcheck at work, methinks.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure "mammories" and Crisco should be used in the same post without some editing
Spellcheck, my excuse was spellcheck. But if I must suffer from my post I will accept it willingly due to being on an iPad. Yeah, that's it. Non-intentional. Crisco is for baking, I believe.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The question is this. Do believe Wilson/Lynch is better than Cutler/Forte? And is Seattle Defense, even without Chancellor better than the Bears?

I think that Lynch is better than Forte but as for Wilson being better than Cutler I'm not so sure.
The defense struggled against the Rams so I'm not worried about that at all, I mean c'mon it's Aaron Rodgers.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither us nor them looked great week 1. That said we got the W and they didn't. Yes Lynch will probably run from 150 against us but if we can slow down Wilson we stand a good chance.

In years past Seattle has just been a different team on the road and they showed Sunday how ordinary they look away against a solid Rams squad. As a comparison we were pretty much the same way last year so the game being in GB shouldn't be undersold.

I know I'll see the whole" extra motivation" argument for Seattle in this game, not wanting to fall to 0-2 n all, but this game had all the motivation in the world before that. It's a game that was pegged as one to decide HFA before the season. Now it has the added caveat of the Packers potentially giving Seattle an early knockout punch in getting the 1 seed over us. Over comming a 3 game hole even early on prolly isn't happening.

This should be a good one. We got plenty to clean up with Seattle comming to town but can't even pretend that Seattle looked like world beaters so it's a matter of who gets there act together first. Games in GB though and we rolled at home last year while they've struggled on the road for years. These were the two best teams in the league imo and one week doesn't change that to me and neither will a W or a L Sunday night. The thing we have a real chance to do Sunday is put the likely hood Seattle has to go on the road in the playoffs at some point at an almost book it level

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it's worth, after the last NFCC I remember thinking "this Seattle team just enjoyed its last win over this Packer team." Prophet or old guy with a fantasy? We shall see, eh?

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man it's getting old, not seeing no pressure on the qb. TACKLING is a big issue. Mike McCarthy is told this every year and these kids still have poor tackling form. Like wth is Clinton-dix doing out there, he is a poor 1 on 1 tackler he just throws his body and hope for a tackle. The corners see it's a run and they don't try to come up and tackle they try and get blocked. Afraid of that contact. Marshawn will have 200 yards if they don't fix it. At least Woodson and tramon Williams came up and tackled. Sorry but it's cringing watching our defense. Maybe I'm venting but I shall whoooosaaahhhh lol

Sky King

Reaction score
I may be hoping against hope that leopards can change their spots but it would be nice if the below average tacklers on the team play up to their opponent this week. And it will also help if the O game plan does not include shutting down half the field on purpose. Timidity at crunch time last year did not work out too well. Thank goodness Matthews ran after the interception yesterday rather than go into the "no mas" mode.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Lynch is better than Forte but as for Wilson being better than Cutler I'm not so sure.
The defense struggled against the Rams so I'm not worried about that at all, I mean c'mon it's Aaron Rodgers.

Also, Jay Cutler was playing a pretty good game until the INT at the end. He was accurate, had a couple of very good scrambles, and he wasn't making boneheaded throws. Matthews made a really good play on that INT. The TE was wide open.

So in other words, to Raptor's question as to whether Cutler is better than Wilson...at least yesterday I thought he was.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Wilson is that good to be honest...throwing the ball I think Cutler is wayy better..Wilson is just the better athlete and unlike Cutler he has a defense that can pretty much cover for him.

Sky King

Reaction score
On D Jimmy Graham is going to be a challenge (if he's not in significant decline) no matter who may be covering him. The best power runner in the game is going up against one of the NFL's perennial weak-sisters against the run, Matthews in the middle not withstanding. Wilson is a very good QB. The record doesn't lie. He's led his team to more SBs than Rodgers has and also won as many in a narrower time frame. He may not be as gifted a QB as Rodgers but he's been a winner, nonetheless. Respect your foe.

On O the Packers have to attack every player, including what's-his-name, the DB. He's not a speedy guy and he is anchored to only one spot, apparently for a reason(s). He muscles WRs and disrupts the timing along the entire route, and he uses his length and ball skills very effectively when the ball is in the air. He can tackle. But he doesn't have to be speedy if he's not thrown at whatsoever. He's not Deion Sanders or Charles Woodson in their primes. No submissive white flag-waving this game, please. Dictate not submit.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wilson is a very good QB. The record doesn't lie. He's led his team to more SBs than Rodgers has and also won as many in a narrower time frame. He may not be as gifted a QB as Rodgers but he's been a winner, nonetheless. Respect your foe.

Wilson´s record and playoff success is mostly the result of having the best scoring defense for each of his three seasons in the NFL.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Jay Cutler was playing a pretty good game until the INT at the end. He was accurate, had a couple of very good scrambles, and he wasn't making boneheaded throws. Matthews made a really good play on that INT. The TE was wide open.

So in other words, to Raptor's question as to whether Cutler is better than Wilson...at least yesterday I thought he was.

50% completion rate. "Pretty good game" might not be too generous, but it certainly wasn't more than that.

Sky King

Reaction score
Wilson´s record and playoff success is mostly the result of having the best scoring defense for each of his three seasons in the NFL.
Be that as it may, some folks view him like he's a QB of the Bills: All D and no QB. He's pretty good and more than respectable, IMHO. He did beat us with a perfectly thrown TD to punctuate the end our title aspirations last year. And he can run.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We beat Patriots last season. This time it's Seahawks turn. I can extend this to somewhere near the same score line too Packers 26 - 21 Seahawks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Be that as it may, some folks view him like he's a QB of the Bills: All D and no QB. He's pretty good and more than respectable, IMHO. He did beat us with a perfectly thrown TD to punctuate the end our title aspirations last year. And he can run.

Wilson is a decent QB who gets way too much credit because of the talent he's surrounded with. Before that throw in overtime he was intercepted four times and put up zero points for 55 minutes. I don't think the NFCCG is a goid example to support your claim.

Sky King

Reaction score
Wilson is a decent QB who gets way too much credit because of the talent he's surrounded with. Before that throw in overtime he was intercepted four times and put up zero points for 55 minutes. I don't think the NFCCG is a goid example to support your claim.
Actually, it is. He never quit battling and it's difficult for me not to acknowledge and respect that. There's much to be said for guy who refuses to quit in spite of all the bad that came before it. He's tough between the ears and that makes him very dangerous.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually, it is. He never quit battling and it's difficult for me not to acknowledge and respect that. There's much to be said for guy who refuses to quit in spite of all the bad that came before it. He's tough between the ears and that makes him very dangerous.

That makes him a battler but not a top-tier QB.

Members online

Latest posts