Packers vs Seattle Week 2

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry but I have to disagree. While being at home is always better, its still the same players and the same Dom Capers. Lynch is going to run all over us because we cant do anything against the run. Forte ran for 141 yds and a TD. Lynch is more of a beast than him so there's no reason to think he wont at least do the same. We just hope we can do better on offense and outscore them because they are going to score a lot on us.

Until the last 5 mins of nfccg how did our Def play in Seattle...

Do you think they can do it again

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
50% completion rate. "Pretty good game" might not be too generous, but it certainly wasn't more than that.
Jay looked a lot better then previous packer games..

He was checking off plays away from the blitz packages.. He wasn't able to do that before

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those worried about graham

Some were worried about Gronk last year vs the Pats

I think it turned out ok..

Im not saying pack run all over Seattle.. But I have a good feeling about this game

I think the key to this game is converting on 3rd down. If it's 3rd and 2 or 3 yards to go, we need to be able to run the ball against Seattle. We couldn't do that after the pick in the NFCCG. went 3 and out and then all hell broke loose. We HAVE to be able to run the ball against this team when it matters.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the tight ends name was Richard ROGERS?
Rodgers..

Someone posted something like Snap to Rodgers, Rodgers sees Rodgers, pass to Rodgers, Rodgers catches the pass from Rodgers and Rodgers heads for the goal line.. Touch Down Rodgers! Im paraphrasing it, but the person who wrote it wrote it much better.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Rodgers..

Someone posted something like Snap to Rodgers, Rodgers sees Rodgers, pass to Rodgers, Rodgers catches the pass from Rodgers and Rodgers heads for the goal line.. Touch Down Rodgers! Im paraphrasing it, but the person who wrote it wrote it much better.

Rodger that...

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I got mad at players for holding out when they feel they out perform their contract, I would have to get mad at teams when they cut a player for underperforming.

Obviously your choice, but remember that the contract he signed clearly states that he can be cut. Nowhere does it say he can hold out. Plenty of useful ways to make a living if playing a game for seven figures, even if not as many figures as some other guy, isn't enough for you.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jay looked a lot better then previous packer games..

He was checking off plays away from the blitz packages.. He wasn't able to do that before

Everything is relative. Certainly he had a much better game than he usually has against the Pack. I thought you were judging it against other competitors, not himself. In that case, you're certainly correct.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously your choice, but remember that the contract he signed clearly states that he can be cut. Nowhere does it say he can hold out. Plenty of useful ways to make a living if playing a game for seven figures, even if not as many figures as some other guy, isn't enough for you.

Sure it does. It just says it in the CBA where the team is then allowed to fine him during training camp and then withhold his game checks.

This isn't like the Bucks had with Larry Sanders where they still had to pay him when he decided not to play and then had to buy him out to make him go away.

If an NFL team doesn't need to honor a contract then why does the player? I know you think your answering the question by repeating that it's in the contract that they're allowed to cut him in order not to pay him. Well its also in his power to hold out. You simply dont like the idea of a player holding out. There is pretty much zero difference. Both are exercising their right and their ability to do what they feel is best for them.

And I know you keep bringing up how much they make already as if to illustrate your point. This is another thing that annoys me. Yes 7 millions a TON of cash. Guess what??? If you have the chance to make 14 and believe your deserving of it from an ability standpoint you'll do most anything in your power to get it. Otherwise you simply sound like somebody that ls hating on a guy that's getting paid millions to do something you wish you could do and that he should simply be greatfull for what he's getting.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, I am allowed to have an opinion on it, thanks for telling me that.

Actually you can hold out, its just that you will be subject to fines and forfeitures.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, We lost to them at Seattle on banner night. We beat them and gave a game away in the NFC Champ game. We haven't had them in Green Bay for quite some time. There going down. They can take there maxed out salary cap and diluted roster back to Seattle to there bandwagon fan base. They wont even win there division this year. Bye Bye Seattle.

Were not playing in Seattle this year. Not this weekend. Not come winter.

You´ve been beating the same drum last offseason as well and the Seahawks made it back to the Super Bowl.

The Packers have a talented team being one of the favourites to make it to the Super Bowl with Seattle probably being the team to beat to get there once again. As I´ve stated before I feel good about this week´s matchup but you not showing any respect for the Seahakws make you look like a fool once again.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's Harrison Smith's (a guy I'd like on our team) take on football:

“Terrible. They were getting five or six yards a pop,” Vikings safety Harrison Smith said. “If you can’t stop the run, you can’t do much.”

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You´ve been beating the same drum last offseason as well and the Seahawks made it back to the Super Bowl.

The Packers have a talented team being one of the favourites to make it to the Super Bowl with Seattle probably being the team to beat to get there once again. As I´ve stated before I feel good about this week´s matchup but you not showing any respect for the Seahakws make you look like a fool once again.

Well you got that right. I have absolutely "Zero" respect for the Seahawks. There "House of Cards" is getting ready to fall.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this game should almost certainly come down to the last minute. gotta hope its in our favor this time. JJ gets some hero yardage again. mark it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
this game should almost certainly come down to the last minute. gotta hope its in our favor this time. JJ gets some hero yardage again. mark it.

I would add that were a better red zone team with JJ in there.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If an NFL team doesn't need to honor a contract then why does the player? I know you think your answering the question by repeating that it's in the contract that they're allowed to cut him in order not to pay him. Well its also in his power to hold out. You simply dont like the idea of a player holding out. There is pretty much zero difference. Both are exercising their right and their ability to do what they feel is best for them.
No, there is a huge difference between a player holding out and a team waiving that player. The former is a breach of the contract, which can lead to fines and a return of a portion of the player’s signing bonus, and the latter is not. I understand you are in favor of players holding out but that is not a reason to misrepresent the facts. An NFL team which waives a player is honoring the contract as long as they pay the player all the money they guaranteed in the contract.

And I know you keep bringing up how much they make already as if to illustrate your point. This is another thing that annoys me. Yes 7 millions a TON of cash. Guess what??? If you have the chance to make 14 and believe your deserving of it from an ability standpoint you'll do most anything in your power to get it. Otherwise you simply sound like somebody that ls hating on a guy that's getting paid millions to do something you wish you could do and that he should simply be greatfull for what he's getting.
It has nothing to do with "hating on a guy". BTW, do you think there is a value in a man keeping his word? Have you ever signed a contract of any kind? If so, did you keep your side of the bargain?

I don’t know why you are using the figure of $7M when he was guaranteed $17M. Do you understand that he would receive that money even if he sustained a career-ending injury in the first TC practice after the deal was signed? That’d be a bad deal for the team, right? Would you be OK with them breaching the contract and not paying the guaranteed money? See, that's the risk the team takes. If the player thinks he’ll be worth more money than a team is offering on a long term contract, he can ‘bet on himself’ and agree to a one- or two-year deal and then hit the open market. If he does that and sustains a career-altering injury he made a bad choice. The reason the players sign longer term deals with guaranteed money is it's insurance against getting badly injured. If he doesn't want that "insurance", he should sign a shorter term deal. If he’s worth what he thinks he deserves after the short-term contract he’ll get paid.

By signing a longer term deal, he received insurance in the event he got badly injured. Now he wants to change the terms of the deal. It would be like you going back to your home-owner insurer and asking for some of your premium back because you didn't have a claim over the past few years.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I am allowed to have an opinion on it, thanks for telling me that.

Actually you can hold out, its just that you will be subject to fines and forfeitures.

Never have actually read a player contract or the CBA. I stand corrected. I never realized there would be a section in the CBA allowing a holdout, just one that details the penalties for violating the contract.

Latest posts