Packers vs Seahawks

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
That Patrick Kerney looks like another Aaron Kampman. They also have two very good linebackers, Tatupu and Peterson. The secondary looks pretty solid as well. They did look vulnerable at times, though. Also, the Redskins O-line is not very good. I think our guys can block them better.

slowing up Kearny will be a key to a victory over the Seahawks.

Yes, I sure hope Tauscher's bum ankle is healed. If he's gimpy like he was in the Dallas game, Kearney could be a major problem. But if Tauscher is 100%, I think he will neutralize Kearney. Tauscher is better than most right tackles that Kearney has faced. I think the Redskins' RT today was the same guy Kampman abused when the Packers played the Redskins during the season.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg C. said:
That Patrick Kerney looks like another Aaron Kampman. They also have two very good linebackers, Tatupu and Peterson. The secondary looks pretty solid as well. They did look vulnerable at times, though. Also, the Redskins O-line is not very good. I think our guys can block them better.

Yes, I sure hope Tauscher's bum ankle is healed. If he's gimpy like he was in the Dallas game, Kearney could be a major problem. But if Tauscher is 100%, I think he will neutralize Kearney. Tauscher is better than most right tackles that Kearney has faced. I think the Redskins' RT today was the same guy Kampman abused when the Packers played the Redskins during the season.

i think MM will use Bubba to chip block Kearny to help out Taucher a little bit

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was extremely confident going into next week... but when you take another look at it...

Green Bay is filled with a bunch of inexperienced players. There was only one game in which the Packers have felt an electric vibe this season, and that was the game against Dallas. We lost that game, horribly.

Sure, the Seahawks have a cocky QB, a washed up RB, and a bunch of other old-timers... but sometimes, that's what it takes... Especially with a coach like Mike Holmgren.

This will be a huge test for McCarthy, Favre, and the Packers. From what I saw, our style will be good enough to beat them, but the Packers can't get cocky at all.

Press coverage will work, and we need to get at least 75 yards rushing. If KGB can beat up Walter Jones when he gets tired of blocking Jenkins, it'll be easy pickings.

McCarthy just needs his guys to be ready.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I was extremely confident going into next week... but when you take another look at it...

Green Bay is filled with a bunch of inexperienced players. There was only one game in which the Packers have felt an electric vibe this season, and that was the game against Dallas. We lost that game, horribly.

Sure, the Seahawks have a cocky QB, a washed up RB, and a bunch of other old-timers... but sometimes, that's what it takes... Especially with a coach like Mike Holmgren.

This will be a huge test for McCarthy, Favre, and the Packers. From what I saw, our style will be good enough to beat them, but the Packers can't get cocky at all.

Press coverage will work, and we need to get at least 75 yards rushing. If KGB can beat up Walter Jones when he gets tired of blocking Jenkins, it'll be easy pickings.

What are you talking about we lost that game horribly? Our starting line up was cut in half due to injury and even with our back up QB and other 2nd and 3rd stringers, we hung in the game. If anything, I saw that game as a positive, Dallas was weak, and barely beat our backups, what does that say about them, not really about us.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Seahawks will be a very good test. I agree that the Pack's performance in the Dallas game was not encouraging. I do think it's okay for the Packers to get a little cocky, though. They have been a very loose team all season. That seems to be what works for them. I would rather have them stay that way than to get tight.

I like how the Packers match up with the Seahawks. For one thing, the Seahawks do not have a major threat at tight end, so they won't be able to exploit that weakness in the Packer defense. Also, the Packers have been soft against the run lately, but the Seattle running game has not been consistent. I think the Seahawks will try to run the ball a lot anyway.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think we're better off playing Seattle then the Bucs. Sounds funny to say about a Florida team but I think they would of handled a cold Lambeau game better then the Hawks. Look how bad Hassleback looked in good weather but they really have no option of running it. Alexander=washed up

I was thinking the same thing. Alexander was the best player in the NFL in 2005. Now, he's not in the top 100. Hasselback in the cold is about as scary as those horrible Scream movies.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
dhpackr said:
Greg C. said:

i think MM will use Bubba to chip block Kearny to help out Taucher a little bit

If MM does, we won't hear Kearny's name at all next week.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
tromadz said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
Bring on the Hawks! This gives us an extra day to prepare.
does it? so its a sunday game? I dont know if I can make it to sunday. saturday I could work with...but sunday....I dunno. I might explode.
No, I mean we don't have to wait til tomorrow to find out who we're playing. So that gives us an extra day to start preparing for the Seahawks.

gotcha. I've been drinking so all logical thinking is out the window.
then i have to ask........Has there ever been a time you were on here that you were NOT drinking?
J/K!!!! :lol:
(I'm just being CHEESEY!) :wink: :lol:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched Sports Reporters on ESPN. They were all revved up about the Seahawks, of course. They all think the Seahawks can beat the Packers, and John Saunders said the Seahawks WILL beat the Packers.

There is a lot of talk about teams coming out of the wildcard round and winning, because the last two Super Bowl winners played in the wildcard round. I don't see it happening this year, though. When Pittsburgh went all the way in 2005, they were a good team that had a down season after going 15-1 the previous season and losing in the playoffs. The Colts were almost the same story the following year. They had been great the year before and had lost in the playoffs, then they didn't have such a great regular season but were really hungry in the playoffs.

The only team this year that fits that profile is the Chargers, and I don't think they can win at Indy. And I don't think the Seahawks have enough offense to get it done in Green Bay.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think K-Robb is going to be huge in this playoff game. remember, Mke Holmgren is the guy that drafted K-Robb. Mike and K-robb never got along. this will be a good chance for robinson to show Mike H. how Robinson really belongs in the NFL.

Seattle has a beast in kearny, and some decent LB, but I do not think that the seattle corners can hang w/DD, GJ, & K-Robb. I think Koren is the #3 WR & he wil have a huge game.

I am hoping that Pickett will be healthy and plug up the middle of the field and slow up the Seahawks running attack.

I think GB will use bubba to chip block kearny and slow up Seattle's pass rush.

Brett will throw 45 passes for 370 yrds and three td, mainly to the big three wr corp of GJ, DD, & K-Robb. Grant will rush 15 times for 75 yrds and hasselback will have a horrible day

GB 27 Seattle 17

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle run game = 0, so I dont think that Pickett is the key.

I really dont see this game being competetive. Hasselbeck did not look that good against Wash, IMO. I think that GB will pass all over Sea.

GB 35
Sea 17

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really dont see this game being competetive. Hasselbeck did not look that good against Wash, IMO. I think that GB will pass all over Sea.

GB 35
Sea 17

i am a little confused as to why you feel Pickett is not a key to slowing up Seattle's running attack.

I will agree that Matt looked terrible, and the Packers will pass all over seattle's defense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think 4th is saying the Seattle running game isnt to special or good, so NOT having Pickett wouldnt be such a bad thing

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

GB 35
Sea 17

i am a little confused as to why you feel Pickett is not a key to slowing up Seattle's running attack.

I will agree that Matt looked terrible, and the Packers will pass all over seattle's defense.

He's saying that Seattle's running game is so bad that Pickett's run-stuffing ability is not really needed. I wouldn't go that far myself. The Packer run defense has been soft lately, and as I said in my post, I do think Seattle will try to run a lot. I wouldn't want to see the Packers without a healthy Ryan Pickett in this game.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every game that I've been following this season in the PF-Game Day Chat, Packers have won. I've been watching every game except against Broncos, first Lions game, both Bears games and Cowboys.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not Impressed

I watched the SEAHAKS/Redskins game yesterday and I have to say there was nothing that either of these two teams did that impressed me. Kearny had a nice game, but anyone can have a nice game when you don't block them. If our corners can shut down their receivers, they're in big trouble.

Unless we come out and just lay an egg, we should win this game going away.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think 4th is saying the Seattle running game isnt to special or good, so NOT having Pickett wouldnt be such a bad thing

Exactly. I dont think that Seattle will be able to run. w or w/o Pickett.

I think that more of the key is the GB corners playing a tight game.

Only way this is a game is if Hassleback plays over his head.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

My dad's a big seahawk fan, and he asked me what's gonna have to happen for Green Bay to lose...at first I said, Favre will have to have a horrible day. But that won't be enough. This team has shown before that even if Favre has an off day, the Pack can pull it out, we have a great D that allows very few points off of turnovers. Favre will either have to throw a couple pick 6's, or a combo of bad QB play and poor pass defense.

BUT IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN, PACK DOMINATE 44-17

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I completely agree. Our d-backs need to have an extremely solid game. They've let some huge plays get by them this season. As good as Woodson and Harris are, they can be exploited. I imagine that's where Seattle will attack first and hardest.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I completely agree. Our d-backs need to have an extremely solid game. They've let some huge plays get by them this season. As good as Woodson and Harris are, they can be exploited. I imagine that's where Seattle will attack first and hardest.

Bigby has stepped up big time in the month of December. He has 4 INTs in 4 games. He's playing like he's hanging on by a string to his job. he's also showing a lot of heart out there.

Don't be surprised to see Bigby exploit Hasselback's arrogance. Hasselback will get cocky and try to force something. I'm sure Bigby's more than aware of this mental tendency Hasselback has.

Woodson won't be exploited if healthy. He's looking like our best CB right now. The only problem he has had is his toe. If he's anywhere near 100%, we're going to put on some serious hurt on the Seahawks.

Alexander can't run, and the Seahawks rely too much on D. As balanced as their D is, our O is more balanced and simply better than their D. I'm expecting a blowout. We'll cover the point spread easily. Unfortunately, everyone I've been betting with this year feels the same way I do, so I'll make nothing on this game.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
longtimefan said:

It's more of the middle of the field that has been exploited not Woodson and Harris. Sometimes we go into Zone D's when our Linebackers and Safety's get burnt.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to have Pickett in there as he is a big run stuffer. Shutting down the Seahawk run game and forcing Hassleback to pass is one key, IMO. Added pressure from the D line when you know they have to throw leads to sacks, rushed passes , interceptions. Kaufman is going to be hard to stop..err, slow down.

I would not be surprized to see several int's by the Packers DB's.

Members online

Latest posts