1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers vs Rams: Preseason Game #2 Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zartan, Aug 15, 2014.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,387
    I have to disagree on that. Sherrod looked awful having huge problems with his hand placement and maintaining proper pad level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Agree, Sherrod could not have looked any worse, a complete FAIL on his part. The QB took some really unnessesary hits because he failed to even make a valiant effort. Just glad he wasnt in there when Arod was in..... I give him one more preseason game to prove his worth, otherwise he would be on the curb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,009
    It was Sims both times early and Sims is a second team DE for them. Also check out how he did on the Janis TD - he nearly got pushed back into the QB. He also got beat to the outside again for a sack, this time by Michael Sam, their third stringer.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,367
    I see that now. He also whiffed on the play preceding the Janis TD.

OK...he looked bad throughout.

5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,452
    I pretty much will guarantee that Sherrod is on the 53 unless he looks atrocious in the final two PS games. They don't have a lot of options, and I'm sure that TT and MM think that he just needs more time to re-acclimate to the game. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that strategy but it will likely depend more on a OT gem being released at cut-downs. But then you're gambling with your primary OT backup much like the QB situation last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    He better be glad it's not up to me. My way of thinking : sherrod, you have 2 more pre-season game to prove yourself and man up, otherwise you are gone. I would rather have a salty veteran off the streets as a back up than to have a guy that has missed two years of football and is getting worked over in pre-season. If he is getting his butt kicked in pre-season, what makes anyone think that the regular season is gunna be some magical turn around? It only gets worse. Right now, he is looking like "newhouse 2.0" = no thanks !!!

• Agree Agree x 1