Packers vs Panthers: Rodgers CLEARED

Rodgers is back will they Run the Table?

• Yes.. All the way to the Super Bowl

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No.. Too much of a hill to climb

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Yes....But fall in the playoffs

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we are into symbols now, here goes:

return of Rodgers + return of Nelson + return of Cobb + solid running game - Bennett = I like our chances offensively.

Defense is too complicated a problem for me to work out though.

Last edited:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It boggles my mind how some people can be so pessimistic! It takes special talent to somehow take the return of the franchise QB and turn it into something negative!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers 30 for 38 for 350 yards! Williams 20 carries 105 yards, Nelson 8 catches for 125 yards! Adams 7 catches for 100 yards. Matthews 3 sacks!
GO PACK GO!

Usually I see people post some unreal stats in here, but I think that’s pretty realistic...I’m going to go under on the Matthews s sacks tho.

H

HardRightEdge

Rodgers 30 for 38 for 350 yards! Williams 20 carries 105 yards, Nelson 8 catches for 125 yards! Adams 7 catches for 100 yards. Matthews 3 sacks!
GO PACK GO!
Rodgers regular season record when throwing for 350+ yards is 7-7. The last 4 out of 5 have been losses. In the payoffs, it's 2-1, with the two wins coming last season. The loss was in that fast and furious game against AZ in 2009. Sometimes you have a field day, sometimes you're throwing a lot of balls to play catch up. The league record probably isn't much different over the last decade.

Only once has Rodgers thrown for 350+ together with a 100+ runner, regular season or playoffs. That was on 9/15/13 with Starks. That was a win over WASH. They came close a second time on 11/30/14 with Lacy gaining 98 in a win over NE. Both of those games at home.

On Sunday, the Packers will be playing a 9-4 team on the road that has the 5th. ranked defense in yards and 10th. ranked in points.

What you're predicting is the best offensive performance, in terms of productivity and balance, in the Rodgers era while playing on the road against a good defense with Rodgers coming off hiatus.

What you really should be thinking about here is a positive +/- on turnovers to keep it close. Another 60 yd. punt return would help. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Bold prediction: Janis runs a reverse in for a TD
That would be interesting considering Janis has had 8 offensive snaps all season. I seem to recall him running a pick and blocking on a WR screen. No touches to his credit. I don't think he's even had a target. We're getting close to the end of the Janis era.

If one were to make a bold prediction, I would expect him to be out there in a 5-wide Hail Mary where anything can happen (and has happened). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers regular season record when throwing for 350+ yards is 7-7. The last 4 out of 5 have been losses. In the payoffs, it's 2-1, with the two wins coming last season. The loss was in that fast and furious game against AZ in 2009. Sometimes you have a field day, sometimes you're throwing a lot of balls to play catch up. The league record probably isn't much different over the last decade.

You're absolutely right about that as teams that featured a quarterback passing for 350+ yards have a combined record of 211-215-1 (.495) since 2008.

Reaction score
Bold prediction: Janis runs a reverse in for a TD
It would probably be more likely Mike Daniels punches it in from the 1 as a FB. Notice we’re starting to get fancy on punts and 4th and short. Don’t be surprised if we pull out another trick play on ST or at the goal line.
Also what’s the deal with Mario Addison?
Maybe the flu?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Only once has Rodgers thrown for 350+ together with a 100+ runner, regular season or playoffs. That was on 9/15/13 with Starks. That was a win over WASH. They came close a second time on 11/30/14 with Lacy gaining 98 in a win over NE. Both of those games at home.

On Sunday, the Packers will be playing a 9-4 team on the road that has the 5th. ranked defense in yards and 10th. ranked in points.

What you're predicting is the best offensive performance, in terms of productivity and balance, in the Rodgers era while playing on the road against a good defense with Rodgers coming off hiatus.

What you really should be thinking about here is a positive +/- on turnovers to keep it close. Another 60 yd. punt return would help. ;)
Nice.

I'd be perfectly fine with something along the lines of 21-32 for 270 and 3 TDs, if it means having a 100+ yard rusher.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm a little confused by the disagree this received.... the only opinion in the whole post is the last sentence.... the rest is just factual. And the last sentence seems fairly uncontroversial.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by the disagree this received.... the only opinion in the whole post is the last sentence.... the rest is just factual. And the last sentence seems fairly uncontroversial.
"The best offensive performance in Rodgers era" was not a true statement.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The best offensive performance in Rodgers era" was not a true statement.
If you are going to use quotes... you shouldn't paraphrase and then pretend the sentence says something else...

The sentence actually reads "...the best offensive performance in terms of productivity and balance in the Rodgers era".

The qualifiers that you conveniently left out define the parameters making it a true statement.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are going to use quotes... you shouldn't paraphrase and then pretend the sentence says something else...

The sentence actually reads "...the best offensive performance in terms of productivity and balance in the Rodgers era".

The qualifiers that you conveniently left out define the parameters making it a true statement.
The statement is still false. So what's your point? The example attached is just one example of a better performance than what was stated.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013091504/2013/REG2/redskins@packers#menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000818544&tab=recap&recap=fullstory

Last edited:

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best offensive performance of the Rodgers era was the 2011 Divisional Playoff versus Atlanta. In fact, that may be one of the most, if not the most, impressive QB performances of all time

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best offensive performance of the Rodgers era was the 2011 Divisional Playoff versus Atlanta. In fact, that may be one of the most, if not the most, impressive QB performances of all time
This man knows what he's talking about! Agreed!