Packers vs Panthers: Rodgers CLEARED

Rodgers is back will they Run the Table?

• Yes.. All the way to the Super Bowl

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No.. Too much of a hill to climb

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Yes....But fall in the playoffs

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost 4 games in a row last year with the defense giving up nearly 40 a game. Rodgers says we're gonna run the table, and all of a sudden the defense looks formidable. Never underestimate the impact of Aaron Rodgers. He ain't the best ever for no reason.

Doesn’t matter if you get waxed in the playoffs. Rodgers can only do so Much no matter how great he is.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the Pack to get to the playoffs will take far too many wins/losses by other teams. I said before when A-Rod went down, our season is over.

OK guys, make me a liar again.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the Pack to get to the playoffs will take far too many wins/losses by other teams. I said before when A-Rod went down, our season is over.

OK guys, make me a liar again.
Too many losses by other teams? I would honestly be SHOCKED if the Packers didn't make the playoffs if they win out. The odds of them winning out and not making it are very small. The fact is, the teams above the Packers in the standings still all have to play each other, which makes it very likely 10-6 gets in.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina is a pretty high and pretty low team. Who knows what we'll get. 2 ways I think we win, we somehow get pressure on Newton and hit him. Frustrate him and he turns into a petulant child. Or Rodgers does come back, has no rust and is clicking on all cylinders and we get a head early and it puts pressure on them to score and make mistakes. But I don't really have delusions that this game can be locked away as a win with or without Rodgers. Carolina has a lot of talent on their team. They just don't always show up either.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
If Rodgers returns it will be just enough help so the Packers pick 19th in the draft.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I thought Rodgers had said earlier in the year that he wouldn't play unless the bone was 100% healed. It's gonna be hard to say goodbye (for good) to this season.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I thought Rodgers had said earlier in the year that he wouldn't play unless the bone was 100% healed. It's gonna be hard to say goodbye (for good) to this season.
Ian Rapoport is saying now that Aaron Rodgers wants to play really, really badly.

H

HardRightEdge

Ian Rapoport is saying now that Aaron Rodgers wants to play really, really badly.
I'm sure he does. What football player worth his salt wouldn't want to play really, really badly? That doesn't mean he will ignore, or be allowed to ignore, the medical risk assessment. You'll just have to wait.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he does. What football player worth his salt wouldn't want to play really, really badly? That doesn't mean he will ignore, or be allowed to ignore, the medical risk assessment. You'll just have to wait.
Why can't he ignore the risk? #YOLO

H

HardRightEdge

Why can't he ignore the risk? #YOLO
It depends on what the risks are assessed to be.

I'll share a life lesson. You actually don't "only live once" unless you expect to die this minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than to say it depends on what the risks are assessed to be.

I'll share a life lesson. You actually don't "only live once" unless you expect to die this minute.
Greatness isn't achieved by playing it safe. Also, you do only live once. (one life). Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will never get this season back after it's over.

H

HardRightEdge

Greatness isn't achieved by playing it safe. Also, you do only live once. (one life). Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will never get this season back after it's over.
Greatness is not achieved by doing stupid things. There's always next season if the risk/reward dictates. And frankly, sitting here at 7-6, the reward side of the equation is not that compelling.

Anyway, if the risk is that if he lands on that collar bone again there's a good chance he'll break it again, as happened with Tony Romo, maybe he never plays again, as happened with Tony Romo.

So, mull on that.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greatness is not achieved by doing stupid things. There's always next season if the risk/reward dictates. And frankly, sitting here at 7-6, the reward side of the equation is not that compelling.

Anyway, if the risk is that if he lands on that collar bone again there's a good chance he'll break it again, as happened with Tony Romo, maybe he never plays again, as happened with Tony Romo.

So, mull on that.
With Aaron Rodgers in the lineup, I like the chances of the Packers winning out to go 10-6. If that happens, it’s VERY likely the Packers are in the playoffs - in a very WIDE open NFC. I would hate to see that opportunity wasted.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But to be fair, Tony Romo did play after is collarbone fx, he just ended up with a compression fracture in his spine after a shot to the back by a Seahawk. Then Dak took over and he retired.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll be sure to check with you before knowing what I can and can not post anymore. ;)

The point in what I was saying is that Rodgers seems willing to risk the possibility of breaking the collarbone again. Many others wouldn't even think about returning to the field if it weren't healed all the way. He seems dead set on playing. But I'll know not to speak on the matter further until we have absolute 100% clarity on what's going down. Not like it's a message board or anything. :)

H

HardRightEdge

I'll be sure to check with you before knowing what I can and can not post anymore. ;)

The point in what I was saying is that Rodgers seems willing to risk the possibility of breaking the collarbone again. Many others wouldn't even think about returning to the field if it weren't healed all the way. He seems dead set on playing. But I'll know not to speak on the matter further until we have absolute 100% clarity on what's going down. Not like it's a message board or anything. :)
Y0u can post anything you like. Nobody is stopping you. ;)

H

HardRightEdge

With Aaron Rodgers in the lineup, I like the chances of the Packers winning out to go 10-6. If that happens, it’s VERY likely the Packers are in the playoffs - in a very WIDE open NFC. I would hate to see that opportunity wasted.
So what's the deal? You got a wager on? Locked into Rodgers in your money fantasy league?

What I said about risk/reward is so abundantly obvious I don't see how you could dispute it. Let's see what the doctors say.

But you only live once, right? Roll the dice blind, do we? My recommendation, then, is to throw your nest egg at Bitcoin.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what's the deal? You got a wager on? Locked into Rodgers in your money fantasy league?

What I said about risk/reward is so abundantly obvious I don't see how you could dispute it. Let's see what the doctors say.

But you only live once, right? Roll the dice blind, do we? My recommendation, then, is to throw your nest egg at Bitcoin.
Totally. Maybe they should keep Rodgers out next season as well just to make sure there is no risk of re-injury. Especially if they are not favorites to win it all. No chance of an underdog winning.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Okay guys but really...the suspense is killing me. On one end I feel like this is bad, really bad that we have no news by now. The homer in me is staying positive, as I am flying down to the game. Maybe McCarthey wants to mess with Riverias game plan a little? I don’t know, trying to stay positive.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not expecting to hear anything really. Why would we? it benefits nobody and practices aren't really open to the public so who's going to know anything? well all know Rodgers has been practicing, as he was activated from IR a week ago and is eligible to play this week. I don't think the team is going to say anything for as long as they possibly can and I don't think it means he's playing or isn't playing by being silent. It could just as likely be either. and if he does, i'm confident he's ready to. If he doesn't i'm confident he wasn't ready to.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reward definitely outweighs the risk here. If he plays and worst case refractures it, he still will easily be ready for next season. There is not much risk of anything really. The plate that was put in makes refracture highly unlikely anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts