Packers vs Panthers: Rodgers CLEARED

Rodgers is back will they Run the Table?

• Yes.. All the way to the Super Bowl

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No.. Too much of a hill to climb

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Yes....But fall in the playoffs

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can click red X's too lol... and I've you don't understand the point... I'm not sure I can help you.... Perhaps I should have my wife explain it she is the teacher.
Take a look at the attached game result that you failed to quote. 480 yards passing with 4 touchdowns and 132 yards on the ground for another touchdown. Therefore, the statement made was FALSE. That's a fact.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take a look at the attached game result that you failed to quote.
I didn't fail to quote anything. I quoted your whole post as it was posted... the fact that you decided to edit it afterward is fine ... but don't pretend you didn't do it. as for the substance of the edit .... I will ... as you suggest, go back and read it.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't fail to quote anything. I quoted your whole post as it was posted... the fact that you decided to edit it afterward is fine ... but don't pretend you didn't do it. as for the substance of the edit .... I will ... as you suggest, go back and read it.
Thanks so much.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok after going back and reviewing .... Technically yes that game is the best.... however.. HRE referenced that exact game in the post that you found it necessary to click the disgree button on... so while if it makes you happy I will concede that you are correct, but I don't think the greater point HRE was making has been nullified by this fact. I suppose he should have said "one of the best" since that is clearly what he meant since he actually referred to that game in his post. I just don't like it when I see people hitting the disagree button, unless something extremely ridiculous has been posted ....

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok after going back and reviewing .... Technically yes that game is the best.... however.. HRE referenced that exact game in the post that you found it necessary to click the disgree button on... so while if it makes you happy I will concede that you are correct, but I don't think the greater point HRE was making has been nullified by this fact. I suppose he should have said "one of the best" since that is clearly what he meant since he actually referred to that game in his post. I just don't like it when I see people hitting the disagree button, unless something extremely ridiculous has been posted ....
A statement doesn't need to be "ridiculous" for someone to disagree. Facts are facts. #toeachtheirown

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A statement doesn't need to be "ridiculous" for someone to disagree. Facts are facts. #toeachtheirown
again technically yes... but there are certain protocols in here ....and while most people follow them ... some don't. I disagree with many posts I see in here... and will respond to them... I usually don't tag them with a big red X.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again technically yes... but there are certain protocols in here ....and while most people follow them ... some don't. I disagree with many posts I see in here... and will respond to them... I usually don't tag them with a big red X.
#toeachtheirown. I clicked "disagree" because I....guess what? disagreed! Crazy stuff right....didn't know it could be so confusing!

H

HardRightEdge

The best offensive performance of the Rodgers era was the 2011 Divisional Playoff versus Atlanta. In fact, that may be one of the most, if not the most, impressive QB performances of all time
You are correct in pointing out that game as a 350+ yard performance from Rodgers that I missed. So, make it 3-1 in the playoffs, 7-7 in regular season, 1-4 in the last 5 regular season games where Rodgers went 350+. Again, there is only one game in the Rodgers era with 350+ from the QB and 100+ from the running backs. Mistakes are the risk one takes in making time to do some work "by hand".

If there's another I missed, feel free to point it out:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/gamelog/

In the game you cited, Starks, Jackson and Kuhn combined for 84 yards on 28 carries for a 3.0 average. You can throw in another 13 yards on two Rodgers runs if you like. In looking for a prolific and balanced attack which was the original point, this would not be it, and there are in fact not many instances in the Rodgers era.

If the score is what you're looking at, it should be noted that 7 of the Packer points in that game were on a 70 yard T-Will pick 6. Additionally, the Packers won the turnover battle 4-1 and took over once on a failed 4th. down conversion which is equivalent to a turnover.

In addition to the 4 (or 5 if one prefers) turnovers, the defense held to Atlanta 194 yards in the game, 3-10 on 3rd. down, 1-2 on 4th. down, forced 3 punts. Big help from the defense after the rocky start. That is not all that surprising since that was a very good defense, easily the best Capers has fielded in Green Bay. That pass D posted a 67.2 passer rating against that season compared to 98.2 this year, and was second in the league in sacks with 47, right up there with the Legion of Boom as the best of the last decade.

I don't think the offense will get that kind of help this week.

Rodgers was brilliant over about two quarters in the middle of the game, converting everything he needed to, in orchestrating the string of 4 long drives and then a 5th.. It may well have been his best game given the circumstances. I do not equate that to the offense's best game.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

I'm a little confused by the disagree this received.... the only opinion in the whole post is the last sentence.... the rest is just factual. And the last sentence seems fairly uncontroversial.
It doesn't bother me so it shouldn't bother you. It didn't bother me even before I verified my error. People can click on whatever they like. There's a follow-up above this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hope i'm wrong...but i think they go down this week. the D is too injured and too Capered to win. we have the edge on O but Rodgers not playing for two months will probably be a problem too.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You are correct in pointing out that game as a 350+ yard performance from Rodgers that I missed. So, make it 3-1 in the playoffs, 7-7 in regular season, 1-4 in the last 5 regular season games where Rodgers went 350+. Again, there is only one game in the Rodgers era with 350+ from the QB and 100+ from the running backs. Mistakes are the risk one takes in making time to do some work "by hand".

If there's another I missed, feel free to point it out:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/gamelog/

In the game you cited, Starks, Jackson and Kuhn combined for 84 yards on 28 carries for a 3.0 average. You can throw in another 13 yards on two Rodgers runs if you like. In looking for a prolific and balanced attack which was the original point, this would not be it, and there are in fact not many instances in the Rodgers era.

If the score is what you're looking at, it should be noted that 7 of the Packer points in that game were on a 70 yard T-Will pick 6. Additionally, the Packers won the turnover battle 4-1 and took over once on a failed 4th. down conversion which is equivalent to a turnover.

In addition to the 4 (or 5 if one prefers) turnovers, the defense held to Atlanta 194 yards in the game, 3-10 on 3rd. down, 1-2 on 4th. down, forced 3 punts. Big help from the defense after the rocky start. That is not all that surprising since that was a very good defense, easily the best Capers has fielded in Green Bay. That pass D posted a 67.2 passer rating against that season compared to 98.2 this year, and was second in the league in sacks with 47, right up there with the Legion of Boom as the best of the last decade.

I don't think the offense will get that kind of help this week.

Rodgers was brilliant over about two quarters in the middle of the game, converting everything he needed to, in orchestrating the string of 4 long drives and then a 5th.. It may well have been his best game given the circumstances. I do not equate that to the offense's best game.
To your point, I feel like the most dangerous the Packers have been this season was against Dallas, when Aaron Jones proved to be a legit threat that defenses had to honor. Rodgers only went 19-29 for 221 in that game, but I feel that's when the offense was clicking on all cylinders. Because of the TOP, the Packers had 7 possessions the entire game and scored on 5 of them. One of those drives, Rodgers took two sacks.

I know that it was against the hapless Dallas Cowboys defense, but that's essentially no room for error.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
That first hit on Arod will tell a lot how this game will go, the D should feel more pressure than Rodgers, it’s time they carried him deep in the playoffs and hopefully the SB

D

Deleted member 6794

In addition to Davon House being ruled out the Packers listed Demetri Goodson, Nick Perry, Jake Ryan and Jason Spriggs as questionable for tomorrow's game.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tomorrow is an elimination game unless (scenario 1) the Falcons lose out AND the Seahags lose at least 2/3 OR (scenario 2) the Falcons lose out AND the Rams lose out. Carolina and New Orleans would already have 9 wins with the tiebreaker over us and Minnesota already has 10 wins for the division.

Latest posts