Packers vs Panthers: Rodgers CLEARED

Rodgers is back will they Run the Table?

• Yes.. All the way to the Super Bowl

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No.. Too much of a hill to climb

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Yes....But fall in the playoffs

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reward definitely outweighs the risk here. If he plays and worst case refractures it, he still will easily be ready for next season. There is not much risk of anything really. The plate that was put in makes refracture highly unlikely anyway.
I know all fans seem to care about is Aaron Rodgers' on field performance .... but I'd say that the prospect of another surgery and rehab is something that Aaron might want go consider.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please....keep him ready for 2018.
Agreed, I don't want to potentially risk next season for playing this year. If he's not 100%, but wants to play, don't risk it. I don't want to gamble and lose the start the next season for a year where we're probably not going to win the SB.

H

HardRightEdge

Totally. Maybe they should keep Rodgers out next season as well just to make sure there is no risk of re-injury. Especially if they are not favorites to win it all. No chance of an underdog winning.
6 months is typical for 100% healing of a broken collarbone.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's back!!

I'm extremely excited just to watch him play again more than anything.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know my wife a Vikings fan just saw his Instagram posts saying babe good news for u...

First of all I said that sucks for you...
And then if ur a Vikings fan why are u following Aaron Rodgers!?

Lmao

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for updated thread title. CANT WAIT!!!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, FWIW, if the Packers win out, they make the playoffs in more than 80% of simulated scenarios.

We definitely need some help, but it's not far fetched.

We've gotten in before with a lot more help than we need right now. I'm not counting out the division. The Vikings have been overachieving all year and they haven't been a good team in December since they decided they were too ***** to play outdoors.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow. Somehow I wasn't expecting it. I am so excited to see him play again and will probably be holding my breath through-out the game to see if he gets up from a hit. :D:unsure:

I am pumped just to see what this does for the players. One of the things that bothered my through-out the 1st half last week, was how flat the defense looked. I'm curious to see if the team has a different vibe.

GO PACK GO

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I hope AR throws for 400 and 5 TDs against Minny.
We've gotten in before with a lot more help than we need right now. I'm not counting out the division. The Vikings have been overachieving all year and they haven't been a good team in December since they decided they were too ***** to play outdoors.
While I'm digging the optimism, the Queens play 2 of their last 3 at home against teams with losing records. Winning the division is certainly possible, but I'm not counting on it by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll say this. If Cincy somehow beats them this weekend, they will be scared shitless when Rodgers demolishes them at Lambeau.

Reaction score
I’m happy for him! It’ll be interesting to see the protections we use this weekend.
Let’s pray we get some help from the other 3 NFC contenders in front of us also. GPG!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Somehow I wasn't expecting it. I am so excited to see him play again and will probably be holding my breath through-out the game to see if he gets up from a hit. :D:unsure:

I am pumped just to see what this does for the players. One of the things that bothered my through-out the 1st half last week, was how flat the defense looked. I'm curious to see if the team has a different vibe.

GO PACK GO
You weren't the only one. It seemed there were 4-5 players maybe each play that looked like they gave a damn. The rest looked like they were going thru the motions. That's not a recipe for a strong team defense. 1 guy not playing with intensity leaves a hole somewhere.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Added new option

I have one. Take a time warp to downtown Jacksonville, Florda in 1996. In addition to winning out, the Jaguars needed several teams to help them each of those weeks after reaching the low point in their season. Miracles happened amd tthe Jaguars made it in as the fifth seed AFC wild card. You probably would not be interested in reading the book about it because you only like the Packers, but there is one, Jags to Riches,for proof that a miracle run to the NFC Championship Game (not even counting the Super Bowl yet) can happenj whether you try to "run the table" or R-E-L-A-X."

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, because Capers defense has played so well with Rodgers in before...

D

Deleted member 6794

With Aaron Rodgers in the lineup, I like the chances of the Packers winning out to go 10-6. If that happens, it’s VERY likely the Packers are in the playoffs - in a very WIDE open NFC. I would hate to see that opportunity wasted.

It will be extremely tough for the Packers to make it to the playoffs though. First of all they face three teams with a combined record of 26-13 the rest of the way with Rodgers possibly being rusty and in addition will have to get some help from other teams to qualify for the postseason.

The Vikings remaining schedule includes two home games against below average teams in the Bengals and Bears though.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be extremely tough for the Packers to make it to the playoffs though. First of all they face three teams with a combined record of 26-13 the rest of the way with Rodgers possibly being rusty and in addition will have to get some help from other teams to qualify for the postseason.

The Vikings remaining schedule includes two home games against below average teams in the Bengals and Bears though.

They really don't need tons of help.

"ESPN's Football Power Index says the Packers have an 89 percent chance to make the playoffs if they win out."

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...rating-playoff-hopes-alive-with-aaron-rodgers