Packers vs Lions: Studs n Duds

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs 100% gave us that game, and it does not feel right. But we have been on the other side countless times. You can only hope it results in change at this point and be happy we were on the other end for once.
I call ********. There was NO evidence that the ball ever broke the plane on that Lions "TD." They did NOT give us the game.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Lazard had 4 huge catches when others didn’t seem to want to step up for Rodgers. Hauling that ball in down the boundary for the TD is a difficult play to make.

I think he’s earning more reps in the future. Really liked what I saw.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: graham-clutch catch, refs-thanks you owed us many, lizard-what a catch, leflour-good coaching, crosby-all you anti crosby haters that complained past years...you know who you are

duds: king, sheperd, jones

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think they should have gone for the TD on 3rd down at the end? FGs aren't guaranteed.

The odds of turning the ball over on another play was higher than Crosby missing an old-school extra point.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We've had wins taken away by bad penalties in much more obvious fashion than this. Yes, the refs helped us a lot, but there's no proof we lose without those two calls.

Rodgers won a game in which his top three receivers were hurt and three times supporting cast members gave the ball to the Lions. That's impressive.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Super Smith Bros are on pace for 35 sacks this season. So there's that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
judging by Rodgers' comments, I'd say he likes Lazzard. Thought he should have caught that first pass, though tough, then catches that TD and a few more. Great showing with limited opportunity by the young man.

on the opposite side we have Shepherd, that was bad, all the way around, bad. Bad returns even on short kick couldn't get the 25, bad decisions, bad INT that should have been a first down etc. The real stage was too big for him tonight. On a positive, he did at least cleanly catch the rest of the fair catches, couldn't have been easy to trot back out there for him and he did. Clearly he has a ways to go before he would ever be ready to be even a supporting player in this league. Not saying he can't, but there's a lot of work to be done.

anyway, Graham catches like 10% of his contested balls, thankfully he caught that last one, it was a big one. Jones had some nice runs, but he's loose with the ball. He doesn't catch it cleanly even when he does catch it a lot of times and tonight it cost him. He hasn't lost a lot of fumbles in his short career, but that ball has popped loose more times than I care to see even if he doesn't lose them, and tonight that cost us too.

But how many first down passes did we just drop? then the INT in scoring position? Man, we couldn't have done much more to make this an impossible game to win. It seemed like we should have been down by 30 at times, but Detroit couldn't do jack either outside a handful of plays. when you have to kick multiple 50+ yard FG's, good for your kicker, but not a good look for your offense given 3 extra possessions to work with.

I thought Rodgers, Williams, Lowry, Alexander, Amos, Lazard and PSmith get studs from me.

Though i'm tempted to give out a crap load of duds, the fact they stuck it out, some duds made plays at the end when it had to happen, and they pulled out a win, i'm going to leave it empty after this game though more than a couple probably earned one.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King had 2 bad ones early, but after that He had some so-so and some pretty dang good. Overall I'd have trouble giving him a dud in this game. 1st quarter? sure, but there were 3 more after that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those were BS calls and we can’t deny that. Though, I do think the packers win regardless, it’s very difficult to say for sure given the receiver play.
Maybe, the first one he had him solidly by the inside of the shoulder pads around the collar, not sure that's legal either. Grab hold and punch a guy in the throat a few times while going to the QB? the 2nd, i'd like another replay. The worst part of it, they are too far from behind to see it well. Thought the hand shifted by the time they turned enough to see his hand further out on the pad.

Regardless, by that point, the Packers were likely going to take the lead, all that would have been different would be time for Detroit. For as much as we gave them and all they could do was muster 50 yard FG's? They hardly deserved a win.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those were BS calls and we can’t deny that. Though, I do think the packers win regardless, it’s very difficult to say for sure given the receiver play.

The Lions lost because they settled for FGs instead of TDs. Not the refs fault, it's THEIR FAULT.

I'm not going to accept any of this refs hand the game to Green Bay bull$#!t.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also didnt know that a defense of player can hold the inside of and olinemen shoulder pads when rushing. Isnt that defensive holding?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs:
rodgers, williams, lazard, crosby, lewis, the smiths
duds:
king
shepherd

despite rodgers almost getting allison killed (owes him a porsche for that) he had a pretty damn good game. two perfect passes...one to lewis, for a key first down late, and lazard for the td. wasn't real accurate but hung in there.
williams ran tough. probably his best game as a Packer.
lazard...great hands.
crosby. clutch. performed the first Lambeau Toss.
lewis...probably our best TE.
the smiths...were big!
king...beaten like a drum tonight.
shepherd...he'll get better

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think so but i'll take it as we've been on the opposite side of these calls a lot. the dude's hands were high and bakhtiari sold it. refs get fooled all the time at game speed. there's nothing that can be done about it. if asked to review it they'll just revolt like they have against pass interference review rule. the nfl is powerless here. they need the refs or games don't get played.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep seeing King got drubbed but after the 1st quarter (where there was plenty duds to go around) he looked pretty damn good

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Duds. The Refs. I am so sick of crappy refs. (don't go off on me, I'm just sick of crappy refs, don't care who won, really I do, just more pissed about the quality of the refs.)

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think so but i'll take it as we've been on the opposite side of these calls a lot. the dude's hands were high and bakhtiari sold it. refs get fooled all the time at game speed. there's nothing that can be done about it. if asked to review it they'll just revolt like they have against pass interference review rule. the nfl is powerless here. they need the refs or games don't get played.

I consider it payback for the fictional Lions TD. Sure you could argue that we got away with a PI on the Lions last drive too, but that's Detroit's fault for not challenging it.