Packers vs Lions: Studs n Duds

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
According to Bob McGinn’s punk ***, the Packers have lost 22 consecutive games when losing the turnover battle by 3 or more.

We all know it’s next to impossible to win in this league with such a discrepancy, so it really speaks to the character, perseverance, and resolve of this team to, as MLF would say, “never blink”, and stay the course. The defense played great down the stretch, and Aaron Rodgers made plays that only Aaron Rodgers can make (yes that includes you, Mahome-boy).

Really puts into perspective just how great a win this was.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Finally got to watch the game last night. A much "different" game watching it on TV VS in person. Booger McFarland and ESPN sure wanted to stir the pot on the 2 hands to the face calls. Going so far as to say that the final one "cost the Lions the game". WTF, without it, the Packers are still in great position to kick a relatively short potential game winning FG of 34 yards leaving around 1:30 on the clock and the Lions out of timeouts.

Where the 2 calls correct? With replay I would say "No". Without replay, those are 50/50 calls. Given the angle which the ref had on the play, I can see why they were called. Booger saying "not even close to hands to the face" is so inaccurate and "hyperbole aided by many angles of slow motion replay", that he isn't recognizing how Football is played or officiated.

Funny how there wasn't even any discussion, replay or much of a slow down to review the Lions very questionable TD earlier in the game. I finally found a great angle on it and well.....Booger, what do you think?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bottom line for me, as like many games, there were missed calls for both teams, but to over-dramatize the effect of the 2 that Booger, Lions fans and the media are feasting on, really isn't looking at the big picture of the other 59 minutes of the game.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud...booger McFarland..
A good deal of the Flowers penalties controversy which seemingly ignited the fans and media alike began with McFarland's lengthy rant. So the refs robbed the Lions despite their three quarters of kicking field goals? And how much did he have to say when officiating gave Detroit the early 4th and 1 Kerryon Johnson touchdown? Reviewing the film, I have yet to see that ball go over the goal line and neither did one of the refs. And as far as GB getting all the favorable calls as some Lions fans believe they do, I disagree. Packer fans for years have seen egregious calls go against Green Bay while the head coach kept his eyes fixed firmly on his clipboard. Refs make mistakes and games cannot be replayed because of them. And believe me, the Detroit Lions are not the only team to lose a game because of them.

Members online

Latest posts