Packers vs Lions: Studs n Duds

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A single still frame from that play is entirely disingenuous.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
and maybe he'd been punching Bahk in the throat the whole game and was getting warned and was finally called? and what is the rule about grabbing the collar of shoulder pads? anyway, show me one still picture that shows a TD.

I feel a little dirty about that win, but then when all you can hit are 50 yarders given all those gifts, it's not a surprise when you lose in the end. Trust me, I've been there.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs...basically anyone not by the name of Sherpard, King and Graham. I am loving what the Smith Bros are doing on defense. Loving the dual RBs and sticking to the run. If the WRs didn't have hands made of stone, that game would have been a little more fun to watch. But I'll take a W, even if it was a little gift from the ref.

The defense earned the W, they wanted it.

**EDIT** adding in that Booger was the biggest dud of all. Jesus, can you sound anymore of a homer for Detroit? Did he bet the house on them or something? Rodgers throwing dimes and it's silence. A bad ref call and he was as heated as could be.

Last edited:

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers, oline, LAZZARD, Williams even graham got in the mix

duds:SHEPHERD!!- he needs the Ty Montgomery treatment after this game!! Next up:from hero to zero Aaron Jones, King for putting us in the hole early on terrible coverage and GMo ( he had some great spurts but Jesus get open and HOLD ON TO THE BALL!) I hope he’s well but lazzard coming in after his concussion opened us up a little

AND BIGGEST DUD Snot rocket booger McFarland, what a freaking joke. Do yourself a favor and go to Tom Grossi YouTube stream and match him up with the game and skip the pathetic commentary forced on by the NFL. The only commentator worth a damn is Romo. Even the nfl highlight release clip on YouTube has barely 10 seconds of that moron talking Over a 14 minute video they used the other guy whatever his name was. I don’t know because he was muted on my screen.

as far as refs..what a joke, and to every lions fan complaining about the hands to the face, how about the first td that was “reviewed” but never shown!?! Please, that was a goal line stop by the pack. It goes both ways.

side note....get a TRUE WR2 in the mix...we have the pieces but this will kill our season eventually. Trade, look into undrafted market even bench gmo and move it around...we need help to solidify this team!

Last edited:

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and maybe he'd been punching Bahk in the throat the whole game and was getting warned and was finally called? and what is the rule about grabbing the collar of shoulder pads? anyway, show me one still picture that shows a TD.

I feel a little dirty about that win, but then when all you can hit are 50 yarders given all those gifts, it's not a surprise when you lose in the end. Trust me, I've been there.
I feel dirty too...but not as dirty as some of the hits and leg sweeps the lions defense kept pulling. That team had a lot of after the play hits that resembled the cheap shooting falcons secondary.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Referees for enforcing Illegal Use of Hands

ARTICLE 7. ILLEGAL USE OF HANDS BY DEFENSE

It is a foul if a defensive player thrusts his hands or arms forward above the frame of an opponent to forcibly contact him on the neck, face, or head.

Note: Contact in close-line play is not a foul, unless it is direct and forcible, or prolonged.

Penalty: For Illegal Use of Hands by the Defense: Loss of five yards and an automatic first down.

Duds: Lions fans crying about the penalties

Not going to win many games with 5 FGs and one TD.

Try scoring more points.

5-1 baby.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody have access to GIFs of the two PI no calls that killed GB opportunities from earlier in the game, or the phantom holding call that I believe was made on Jenkins? I'd really appreciate those.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Referees for enforcing Illegal Use of Hands

ARTICLE 7. ILLEGAL USE OF HANDS BY DEFENSE

It is a foul if a defensive player thrusts his hands or arms forward above the frame of an opponent to forcibly contact him on the neck, face, or head.

Note: Contact in close-line play is not a foul, unless it is direct and forcible, or prolonged.

Penalty: For Illegal Use of Hands by the Defense: Loss of five yards and an automatic first down.

Duds: Lions fans crying about the penalties

Not going to win many games with 5 FGs and one TD.

Try scoring more points.

5-1 baby.

The Lions should take a good long look in the mirror before they blame their loss on someone else.....Feel free to finish a drive now and then.

That said, the Lions are a team, I believe, headed in the right direction. They aren't the pushovers they used to be.

Green Bay is also a team with the arrow pointed up. Both Brian Gutekunst and Matt Lafleur have done their hobs very well to this point, credit Mark Murphy for what appears to be a couple of great hires.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only dud I haven't seen mentioned is the grounds crew. People on BOTH sides had trouble cutting and planting. I'm not sure why the field seemed so slick. Don't people wear cleats anymore?
My god YES!! Everyone was slipping on the slightest cut it attempts to run. Plus the teams should have been switching cleats after the first 5 minutes to get the guys traction!! Looked like they were running on ice out there.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
The Lions should take a good long look in the mirror before they blame their loss on someone else.....Feel free to finish a drive now and then.

That said, the Lions are a team, I believe, headed in the right direction. They aren't the pushovers they used to be.

Green Bay is also a team with the arrow pointed up. Both Brian Gutekunst and Matt Lafleur have done their hobs very well to this point, credit Mark Murphy for what appears to be a couple of great hires.

Agree on blaming the officials as the sole reason the Lions lost. If any one of those FGs was a TD.... who knows how the game ends.

My position is that the (non)calls shouldn't be completely disregarded, as they had a clear impact on the game. More of a 'reason' vs 'excuse' situation.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know. Out of respect, I didn't call them Detroilet once...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hate being one of those guys, but it's obvious. Gute needs to make a move at WR.

Don't worry, you aren't "being one of those guys", it has been obvious since the season started, at least to me, that the Packers WR corp was incredibly thin and short of at least one quality player.

We are 5-1, time to go out and get another WR Gute! Cut Shepherd and put him on the PS if you like him, but he shouldn't be on the field right now.

I have liked Lazard since we signed him and although he had an excellent game last night, I don't think Gute should be complacent here and say "ok, now we have our #3 WR".

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Don't worry, you aren't "being one of those guys", it has been obvious since the season started, at least to me, that the Packers WR corp was incredibly thin and short of at least one quality player.

We are 5-1, time to go out and get another WR Gute! Cut Shepherd and put him on the PS if you like him, but he shouldn't be on the field right now.

I have liked Lazard since we signed him and although he had an excellent game last night, I don't think Gute should be complacent here and say "ok, now we have our #3 WR".
I too would like another receiving threat, but MVS and Lazard did indeed step up last night. Geronimo is serviceable as long as he's not dropping balls, which unfortunately has been too common of an occurrence thus far.

Adams, *vet acquisition*, MVS, Allison, Lazard, even Kumerow would make for a really nice receiving core. Lazard and Kumerow have a lot of room to grow, and it appears that, slowly but surely, they're building trust and rapport with AR.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs 100% gave us that game, and it does not feel right. But we have been on the other side countless times. You can only hope it results in change at this point and be happy we were on the other end for once.

Usually when we've been on the back end is when things change. Can we say, Fail Mary, roughing the passer overkill?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I know you can't afford to fill your roster every year with quality proven veteran WR's, the Packers need to realize that they are 5-1 and possibly have the worst WR's group (Adams aside) in the NFL. If Adams was on the field last night, we aren't here talking about bad calls by the officials or Lions blowing opportunities, the Packers win that game by at least 10 points.

The Packers have a legit defense, their offense is actually starting to jell with the running game, run blocking and pass protection, so NOW is the time to go out and make that trade for a quality WR to compliment Adams.

One of the post game raido commentators had a great line after the game, "Rodgers was making wine out of water out there". So damn true!

Get it done Gute!

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knocking GMo...but honestly after that first drive play where he ran before he had the ball GMo's routes and breaks were cleaner than I think I'd see all year, and it showed with AR looking and going his way...now GMo a couple times just didn't shield defenders well, but a couple times those defenders simply made excellent plays as well.

I feel bad for Shepherd, I genuinely feel his shiftiness and route running for a YOUNG guy seems above what I thought it would be...the punt muff, than the slip on the INT...I don't see how he stays but dangit if I don't see potential in the dude.

Anyways my STUDS and DUDS

STUDS
LaFluer - DUDE, you coached up a heck of a game with all the miscues and things not going our way it seemed.
Jamaal Williams - Grown man running, dude will punch you in the mouth but next time juke you...love it.
Lazard - This coming out party I PRAY is legit, as I love his grit post catch and his route running.
The ENTIRE front D...Smiths/Lowry/Clark and more...Fackrell came to play!!!

DUDS
Shepherd has to get one....sadly.
First quarter King....after that horrendous start he really played a decent game

I love the way Lazard kept lobbying for Aaron to throw him the ball and Aaron did.

Is it just me or were there several players that seemed to lose their footing? I was wondering why they didn't change their cleats.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

People talk about buck and Aikman being haters..I never see it....

Booger I think is
Booger had a bad game. He was calling out second level blocks that weren't there, Bakhtiari on the Williams TD and Hockenson after crossing the formation. He persisted after the replays. Bakhtiari got hands on a guy but shoved him into Williams path if anything. Hockenson was looking for work on that other call.

The more decent blocks on the Williams run were from Kumerow, MVS and Allison. The didn't hold them through the play but enough to create space.

On the Fackrell/P. Smith sack, the play-by-play guy had to correct him twice. He was gushing over Smith as the replay clearly showed Fackrell was there first, spun Stafford, and Smith cleaned up. Fackrell go the 1/2 sack he deserved.

I can understand a first take being wrong but persisting when the replay shows otherwise is just foolish.

Bogger had some good calls but he needs to clean up his act.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree on blaming the officials as the sole reason the Lions lost. If any one of those FGs was a TD.... who knows how the game ends.

My position is that the (non)calls shouldn't be completely disregarded, as they had a clear impact on the game. More of a 'reason' vs 'excuse' situation.

Questionable refereeing, it seems, happens each and every week. The new reality ion the NFL.

Green Bay has been on the wrong side of this in the past, and will be again. It's just one of those things everyone has to live with.

Well, maybe not the Patriots....;)

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Who came up with an all white "Color Rush" uniform? They should have been screaming yellow, making the defense look like they are smothering the offense in "cheese."

Commentators complaining about the bad officiating. It's always going to happen folks.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand your point. But the clock was more important than the points there. As noted by the finish, the Lions never saw the ball again. Perfectly played.

But there was basically no time left on the clock anyway and GB still had a time out if they ran the ball and didn't get it. I mean there was what less than 10 seconds left? Run, get TD, lions basically still have no time left. Run, get stuffed, call TO, kick FG anyway. I get the FG is basically auto from that close, but things happen. Rather have 2 chances to score than 1. I get the counter argument is a fumble is possible if you run a play. But that's as equal of a likelihood as missing the FG imo.

H

HardRightEdge

Preston Smith on that one too good to be true get off timing.
This play had me saying, "clever bast*rd". He timed his get-off by the play clock hitting 00.

The snap was a tad late. This should have been a delay of game penalty.

The Packers also had a play where they got the ball off late without a flag. The play-by-play guy even called it as it was happening but the refs couldn't manage to see it.

But you take what bad state-of-the-art in officiating will give you. Next week the calls will go against you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I love the way Lazard kept lobbying for Aaron to throw him the ball and Aaron did.

Is it just me or were there several players that seemed to lose their footing? I was wondering why they didn't change their cleats.

Rodgers was actually petitioning for Lazard to be put in, going to receivers coach Alvis Whitted and asking if "13" could come into the game. Everything I have heard about Rodgers and Lazard has been positive, they obviously have some chemistry and last night we saw that. I'm excited about seeing more of Lazard, but that optimism is guarded by the fact that defenses are now going to show him some more respect and that might mean his job gets harder. Don't get complacent Gute, we still need a starting WR added to the team!

Yes, the turf looked slippery last night. We were talking about that in the stands at halftime and expected new shoes/cleats for the second half, not sure that was done by any player? My guess is that the cold nights have brought frost, maybe the heating under the turf has been on and off and its full of more moisture than normal.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the way he talked about him in the preseason and his immediate after game comments tells me he really likes Lazard and wants him on the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was actually petitioning for Lazard to be put in, going to receivers coach Alvis Whitted and asking if "13" could come into the game. Everything I have heard about Rodgers and Lazard has been positive, they obviously have some chemistry and last night we saw that. I'm excited about seeing more of Lazard, but that optimism is guarded by the fact that defenses are now going to show him some more respect and that might mean his job gets harder. Don't get complacent Gute, we still need a starting WR added to the team!

Yes, the turf looked slippery last night. We were talking about that in the stands at halftime and expected new shoes/cleats for the second half, not sure that was done by any player? My guess is that the cold nights have brought frost, maybe the heating under the turf has been on and off and its full of more moisture than normal.
I don't know how anything around here is not full of moisture right now. It's saturated, everwhere. I remember them saying, "it hasn't rained" and i'm thinking I can turn the water off on a faucet and the sponge is still dripping

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts