Packers Lions Stud Dud Superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If we go out and get a couple Offensive weapons FA/Draft/trade and build on the O-Line depth? This team will be right back on top of the Division (and conference) next season. Maybe even another first round bye.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My game was blacked out, and I have the flu so I couldn't go to a favorite watering hole to see the game. Instead I listen to the radio broadcast on my laptop. I seemed to me that the receivers just couldn't catch the frigging ball. And when Mason (Super Stud) made the game winning filed goal, I was shaking.
The O-line better shape up or we will be one and done.

I thought the OL was all right for losing Lindsley. Losing your starting center can be brutal and I thought his backup did ok for his inexperience.

But yes, the Dud trio receivers aka the guys not named Lazard or Adams were ratbags out there today. MVS has been so slow as of late and never wins his matchups.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At least the Packers didn't knock any refs down in celebrating the win today, Joe Mixon is at it again lol!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
My last post for 2020
Studs: having a Happy New Year
Duds: Drinking and Driving, and not thinking the Pack has a chance for SB win,,,

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My game was blacked out, and I have the flu so I couldn't go to a favorite watering hole to see the game. Instead I listen to the radio broadcast on my laptop. I seemed to me that the receivers just couldn't catch the frigging ball. And when Mason (Super Stud) made the game winning filed goal, I was shaking.
The O-line better shape up or we will be one and done.

Rodgers' accuracy was pretty inconsistent. Yes, there were some drops but he overthrew the ball several times. :tdown:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He ran a lousy route and allowed the defender to gain leverage on him and did nothing to go up and fight for it.

GARBAGE!!!

MVS and GMO have also been bad as of late!

This post is GARBAGE!! He beat his man by a good step and Rodgers underthrew him. This "allowed the defender to gain leverage" nonsense is figment of your imagination because you're just looking for any reason to HATE on anyone not named Aaron or Davante. You are transparent as hell, man.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today was one of AR's worst game that I can recall. He has to forget this nonsense of throwing bombs and stick with the short passing game. The O started to click when he started to do just that.

I told my daughter the exact same thing. I told her this might be the worst game I've seen him play. And I've seen every game he's played except for maybe 4 or 5.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That lame OPI against Kumerow earlier in the game was pretty bad. That wasn't a push off. He was slapping the defenders arm away.

We did get a gift late in the game when the officials called a late hit on AR after he slid. When you look at replays the defenders didn't hit him in the head at all.

I don't think a hit to the head was the issue. I know what those ******* announcers were saying, but the seemed more than a little biased all game long. After the QB commits to the slide defenders immediately have to make a reasonable effort to avoid a hit. They didn't do that.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers. Last week I said it was the worst game I've ever seen him play. This game was his hold my beer game. I also said last week he's not the same quarterback anymore and I got six disagrees for it without one rebuttal. I don't think I'll get one this week either. At least not a good one. It's OK to admit he's not elite anymore. Neither is Brady. Father time is undefeated.

His accuracy hasn't been the same since the F-*** Barr broke his clavicle. Since then he has been less accurate which has made him far too conservative out of fear of the INT and has made him look for his security blanket whenever he can. He still has flashes of greatness but then he reverts. It's worth noting that his best games this year came when he didn't have Adams to lean on. That tells me it's mostly mental with him. Might be time to consult the sports shrink. Either way, I don't think he has more than 2 good years left in him and it's time to grab that next HOF QB in the draft and let him learn from AR for a couple years. Until then, we need to spend the hell out of the free agent market and get him two more GOOD receiving targets to make the best of the next couple years and maybe get a Lombardi or three.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deserved? This team did not deserve this win today. They all played like **** when the bye was on the line. I never understand how a team can be so flat in a game of this magnitude. Pathetic

A short look at history and it should not be that surprising. The Lions have always played tough at home against the division, even in their worst years. I knew the 38-10 predictions were bunk, but I was expecting something more like 24-13. I'll take 23-20 though.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No kidding, even today I saw GMo put another ball on the ground, which luckily enough rolled out of bounds, but could have been pretty bad if it didn't. That's like the millionth time he's done that this year.

Very few WRs would have held onto the ball after being punched like that. Go ahead and hit that shiny disagree button, but it doesn't change the truth.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - pretty much just Adams and Lazard, and the D did fine for the most part, apart from the big gaps to let runs up the middle

duds - i'll have to give AR one here, quite a few missed passes, and a couple of the drops were partly on him being behind instead of in front of the receiver(but still catchable so 80% blame on MVS and graham)

No kidding, even today I saw GMo put another ball on the ground, which luckily enough rolled out of bounds, but could have been pretty bad if it didn't. That's like the millionth time he's done that this year.

People can and will blame Rodgers because that's what they do. Oh yes he missed throws, but all WRs not named Adams or Lazard were bums today.

At the end of this season, I hope GMo, MVS and Kume all get drop kicked outta here.

that one that rolled out of bounds was punched out, there's only so much you can do for that, and we saw a few of those last week also.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:
Offensive line - Patrick got that new deal for a reason and to sustain the injury to Bulaga is something of beauty to see. (Outside chance I think the Patrick deal may be a sign a surprise fiscal savings move is to cut Linsley before next season...about $8 million saved if so)
Lazard - Kid is proving it isn't just heart winning plays, his route tree continues to take root and his feel for the game is growing.
Aaron Jones - Dude is without a doubt IMO the number one weapon we have...and I LOVE Davante so that says a lot.
Kevin King - Felt he may have had one of his better all around games so giving him a nod...but stud seems a little strong if honest.

DUDS:
Aaron Rodgers - Just being bluntly honest the first 3 quarters may have been the worst I've ever seen Aaron play. The man is still a baaaad mamma jamma in crunch time....but dear Lord, a lot of the reason we had a hole to climb out of offensively does set on his shoulders for this particular game.

Pass Rush - Urgency felt hit or miss...or else Lions just game planned well against us...both could be true.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His accuracy hasn't been the same since the F-*** Barr broke his clavicle. Since then he has been less accurate which has made him far too conservative out of fear of the INT and has made him look for his security blanket whenever he can. He still has flashes of greatness but then he reverts. It's worth noting that his best games this year came when he didn't have Adams to lean on. That tells me it's mostly mental with him. Might be time to consult the sports shrink. Either way, I don't think he has more than 2 good years left in him and it's time to grab that next HOF QB in the draft and let him learn from AR for a couple years. Until then, we need to spend the hell out of the free agent market and get him two more GOOD receiving targets to make the best of the next couple years and maybe get a Lombardi or three.

Unless we can draft in the top 10 it might be hard to find the next HOF QB unless a good one drops like AR did.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless we can draft in the top 10 it might be hard to find the next HOF QB unless a good one drops like AR did.

While the likelihood of a HOF'er for sure drops, it still 100% can happen. I wouldn't mind seeing GB begin taking quarterbacks in the draft, not just UDFAs as of late. 2019 - 4th or later....after that if someone on your board drops and is there in the 3rd take him. I would love to see Aaron's successor be on the roster with him for a year or two than never at all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very few WRs would have held onto the ball after being punched like that. Go ahead and hit that shiny disagree button, but it doesn't change the truth.
Problem is though, it was Gmo. He seems to have a knack for that. Every time a ball comes his way there seems to be an equal likeliness that he drops it, bobbles it and catches for a big play, or catches it and fumbles it. Yesterday he was fortunate to be right on the sideline. he doesn't have a ton of targets or catches, but the ball always seems to be moving once it hits his hands even on his positive plays. And then of course he'll make the tough catch stretched out and getting blasted for an important 4th down catch like it was no big deal.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - pretty much just Adams and Lazard, and the D did fine for the most part, apart from the big gaps to let runs up the middle

duds - i'll have to give AR one here, quite a few missed passes, and a couple of the drops were partly on him being behind instead of in front of the receiver(but still catchable so 80% blame on MVS and graham)

that one that rolled out of bounds was punched out, there's only so much you can do for that, and we saw a few of those last week also.
I agree. I'm a Geronimo fan but if he is going to bull run straight ahead; he needs to hold on to the ball with both arms.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I'm a Geronimo fan but if he is going to bull run straight ahead; he needs to hold on to the ball with both arms.

He does remind me of someone wanting to run like he is 40lbs heavier and forgets he literally can turn sideways and hide behind a 2x4 LOL

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It funny as I was watching this with couple of Lions fans and they all wanted to lose. It's debatable over who was *****ing more at HT, me or them :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.