Packers vs Jets Game Thread

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just remember the draft in 20 or 21 being loaded with wr..and Gutey drafted 0..claiming there were none available at their picks!! This shitstorm started then.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to be clear I discussed the specifics with Mondio… I have no desire to discuss anything with you. I don’t consider you to be my mental equal, and couldn’t care less what you think beyond that…. I have felt that way for several years actually. I am going to put you on ignore now so that we can stop disrupting the forum.
Will enjoy forum much more

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So you don’t think the line has been an issue?
Just watched re play.1st series 3rd down. No real pressure at all. He threw short to Bobby and thats the one that bounced in air.

Yes I know it's just one. But it's a common theme, he is having accuracy issues.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched re play.1st series 3rd down. No real pressure at all. He threw short to Bobby and thats the one that bounced in air.

Yes I know it's just one. But it's a common theme, he is having accuracy issues.
Yes, like I said, he had a couple early. Everyone has a couple, we're just used to seeing a guy that never had any missed passes. I'd say for everyone he's been off on, he's been absolutely spot on perfect pass in another where someone just didn't catch it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, like I said, he had a couple early. Everyone has a couple, we're just used to seeing a guy that never had any missed passes. I'd say for everyone he's been off on, he's been absolutely spot on perfect pass in another where someone just didn't catch it.
There was a 3rd down play I believe in the 2nd quarter in which Rodgers broke outside the pocket to the right and had plenty of daylight if not to run and get the first down at least to make it 4th and very short. Instead, he fires it to a covered receiver that had almost no chance to make the reception. Hence, we punt. He just is not the same. We even saw Brady take advantage of an opening and run in Week 3 only to have it called back for a penalty.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a 3rd down play I believe in the 2nd quarter in which Rodgers broke outside the pocket to the right and had plenty of daylight if not to run and get the first down at least to make it 4th and very short. Instead, he fires it to a covered receiver that had almost no chance to make the reception. Hence, we punt. He just is not the same. We even saw Brady take advantage of an opening and run in Week 3 only to have it called back for a penalty.
I remember that one. I think he saw the defender on Doubs? back and figured they'd get an easy PI and ball at the spot. I remember he had room to run though.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that one. I think he saw the defender on Doubs? back and figured they'd get an easy PI and ball at the spot. I remember he had room to run though.
And even if the defender is on Doubs run it anyway and you might get illegal contact. Even when Rodgers had that calf injury 8 years ago we saw him hobble to gain yardage.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, but the really good qb's do this often. They throw to where they see penalties happening to draw attention and get the call. He could have ran it. I also don't think it was a bad choice to throw where he did as it appeared to be an obvious mugging happening and should have drawn a flag at the very least. I seem to remember other defenders around, I'm not sure a 1st by running was assured, but maybe. I don't have access to any replays.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, but the really good qb's do this often. They throw to where they see penalties happening to draw attention and get the call. He could have ran it. I also don't think it was a bad choice to throw where he did as it appeared to be an obvious mugging happening and should have drawn a flag at the very least. I seem to remember other defenders around, I'm not sure a 1st by running was assured, but maybe. I don't have access to any replays.
Well, I was seated on that side of the field and fans were yelling, " Run, Run." You could see loads of daylight. Obviously, all your running QBs like Fields etc. take off and do not think about it unless the receiver is so wide open. It appears to be an example of how Rodgers is trying to make the perfect play on a team that is struggling. He said it after the game. They have to get simple, simple. Like teams that do not have as much talent on that side of the ball your first thought is that you have 4 plays to gain 10 yards. And that is where we must return our mindset. The big strikes will come again someday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, they do need to get simple. he could have run it. I just don't think either choice was a bad one. It's like holding him accountable for the INT in the Seattle Debacle years ago. It was an obvious penalty and free play except they didn't throw a flag and the free play ended as an INT in the endzone. He's successful because he notices everything and is very cerebral about this game.

Seeing the penalty and taking advantage of it has brought this team so much success over the years, i'm not going to ask him to stop.
Stressing defenses by not being able to sub and being on notice on every play has effects far beyond just that one play. Same as seeing and taking advantage of penalties in the passing game. It draws everyone's eyes to it, including the officials. I don't think it's a bad decision, it just didn't work.

Reaction score
But the bottom line is did this defense collapse in the second half of both the Giants and the Jets game - the answer is yes, regardless of what the offense did. They had several opportunities in both contests to make critical stops and after the O did score and the opposition went right down the field. I will grant you that this offense certainly has been no friend to the defense, but it wasn’t a drive here or there, it was consistently getting wrecked in the second half of both those contests. This is fact.

The D is certainly better then the O is, but I don‘t see the performance of an upper echelon D which most predicted. I will also say, that I think the coaching is a big factor. If you have 3 really good corners and safeties you think are top notch, why you don’t play a lot of man and blitz the h*** out the opposition is beyond me

Or we can agree to disagree
While the D so called “collapsed”. Our D Directly allowed 17 points to a team averaging 30.3 points per for the previous 3 weeks.

Our Defense has now been credited for a blocked Punt resulting in a TD and a pick 7 that had ZERO to do with them. Can they play better? Absolutely! Are they the real problem?? Absolutely Not!

123 points allowed -14 given away by other squads = 109 points Divided by 6 contests.
18.17 per game allowed

If you had told me that our Defense would allow 18.2 per game before the season started? I’d be impressed. I’m going to guess that not too many Defenses ahead of us have 14 points allowed already in ST blunders or Pick 6 type plays.
Maybe I’m wrong idk

Last edited:
Reaction score
This Jets game had a lot of the same aspects as the 49ers loss in the Divisional. Low scoring. Lots of mental mistakes. Lots of self hurting mistakes. Poor situational play calling. Seemingly lack of enthusiasm at Home.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the second time in seven games, we had a punt blocked for a touchdown and a field goal blocked. Is that some kind of a record?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Jets game had a lot of the same aspects as the 49ers loss in the Divisional. Low scoring. Lots of mental mistakes. Lots of self hurting mistakes. Poor situational play calling. Seemingly lack of enthusiasm at Home.
This may be mostly perception on my part, but something that has bugged me with this team this year is the seeming lack of enthusiasm. There doesn't seem to be any fire or passion just going through the motions.

Reaction score
This may be mostly perception on my part, but something that has bugged me with this team this year is the seeming lack of enthusiasm. There doesn't seem to be any fire or passion just going through the motions.
Yes. It feels like we’re playing scared.
I’m not sure how else to say it.

Are they all smoking something??

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I thought it would stop when Z was sent packing! He’s also had the munchies which doesn’t make any sense? What could it be? :whistling:

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinnen Williams AFC Defensive player of the week...after only 1 quarter!! Can an OL step up & nullify this guy??
In this case I hate being right :( . After only 49 minutes of gruesome Packer play I called this one. Congrats Quinnen for thoroughly kicking tail on our OL.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I thought it would stop when Z was sent packing! He’s also had the munchies which doesn’t make any sense? What could it be? :whistling:
Looks like he's smoking a joint. Or maybe some ayahuasca.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. It feels like we’re playing scared.
I’m not sure how else to say it.

Are they all smoking something??
It's like they are cowering. Saleh told his guys to keep hitting the Packers in the mouth and they'll cave. He was right.

Is MLF a lightweight? I don't wanna believe that.

Members online

Latest posts