Packers vs Jets Game Thread

Reaction score
Our OL looks like a science experiment gone bad. Terrible in the middle. We have 1 veteran WR in Lazard and he’s basically a good WR3.
No Cobb. No Sammy. We’re Basically the Tampa Brady without his top 3. Except his OL was slightly better.

GB better go find a legit WR1 or WR2 and make immediate changes on OL. Move Jenkins inside and sign a veteran or use Nijman at RT. Get Zach Tom at RG whatever. Anything is better than this fiasco

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot has been written, a lot of second guessing. That's understandable. I wonder if the hallucinogens ****** up Rodgers head?

But Rodgers was NOT the problem today. STs - ugh. Defense - great first half, then, WTF. Offense - Too many years ignoring the WR position. As good as Jones and Dillon are, they can't run against a loaded box. And why should the opposing D care about GB's receivers?

And the O line has Jenkins and Bakh and still stinks.

Hard to find anything here to look forward to.........
Paying so much money to bahktiari too lmao

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard always struck me as a guy who if he put on 15-20 lbs of muscle would make a dangerous TE.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. Not what I expected. I thought we’d be a Top 6 area Defense.

That said the Jets have a good Offense and we’ve allowed 20 points on our D. Not exactly a dominating performance either.

Aside from a ST gaff, our D kept us on the game. You can’t continue scoring 10 points all day it’s pathetic level Offense. It’s humiliating for your D to have to hold teams to 10 points to win a game.
Why can't people understand this

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I guess the worst thing that got my goat about this game was the Packers were not only beaten in their house but they were humiliated also, this has got to be fixed, I’m just not into another long rebuilding under this management

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This didn't just happen. It's been a slow burn for a while. Poor drafting, unwillingness to sign free agents and holding under performing coaches too long.
Exactly. This is what ****** me off.
If your QB is considered a General of your team then what is HC? A fk... Commander and Chief.
So why do we neglect coaching stuff? When you should be building a franchise from the top down since we all know **** rolls downhill.

Seems to.me that identifying, hiring and retaining top notch positional coached at every level should be and must be a priority one.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are built "Soft" plain and simple. This is not the first time where they got manhandled on the line.

Sooner or later we'll realize that.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't people understand this
But the bottom line is did this defense collapse in the second half of both the Giants and the Jets game - the answer is yes, regardless of what the offense did. They had several opportunities in both contests to make critical stops and after the O did score and the opposition went right down the field. I will grant you that this offense certainly has been no friend to the defense, but it wasn’t a drive here or there, it was consistently getting wrecked in the second half of both those contests. This is fact.

The D is certainly better then the O is, but I don‘t see the performance of an upper echelon D which most predicted. I will also say, that I think the coaching is a big factor. If you have 3 really good corners and safeties you think are top notch, why you don’t play a lot of man and blitz the h*** out the opposition is beyond me

Or we can agree to disagree

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop making excuses for the defense. They play one good half and one half to get blown off the field. With all the s*** this team talks about how great they can be it would have great they are on paper and potential and everything else it's all bs. Shut the f****** and get it done.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D is hot and cold. The Jets D never stopped coming did they? Despite their offense not doing jack squat until we decided to play our late in the game chase ball and hope someone else tackles, football.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Scantling is having an excellent year, oh wait, he's with the Chiefs. How can that be?
No. He's not. His numbers are very similar to Cobb's. Less than Lazard and Doubs numbers. He's probably no more than KC's third or fourth receiver. He's a complementary piece on a 4-2 team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stop making excuses for the defense. They play one good half and one half to get blown off the field. With all the s*** this team talks about how great they can be it would have great they are on paper and potential and everything else it's all bs. Shut the f****** and get it done.
It was 3 to 3 at half. When the offense can't do any thing the Def is out to long and no rest. It's a natural type of progression. That's why 2 games 2 2nd half collapses

Def needs to stop, no doubt but it all plays into it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But the bottom line is did this defense collapse in the second half of both the Giants and the Jets game - the answer is yes, regardless of what the offense did. They had several opportunities in both contests to make critical stops and after the O did score and the opposition went right down the field. I will grant you that this offense certainly has been no friend to the defense, but it wasn’t a drive here or there, it was consistently getting wrecked in the second half of both those contests. This is fact.

The D is certainly better then the O is, but I don‘t see the performance of an upper echelon D which most predicted. I will also say, that I think the coaching is a big factor. If you have 3 really good corners and safeties you think are top notch, why you don’t play a lot of man and blitz the h*** out the opposition is beyond me

Or we can agree to disagree
Def isnt a top 10 prob not top 15.

They haven't lived up to the hype.. But I'd love.to see the offense have sustained drives in 2nd half...then we can see how it affects the Def

Right now it's my opinion the Def needs the offense to get them some time to rest in 2nd half

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the last six quarters, against the Giants and jets, this offense has put up a whole 10 points. Unreal.

Members online

Latest posts