1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers Vs. Bills MNF 2014

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Ace, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
  2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,011
    The only reason MNF still exists is the $$$$$. Also a place to plug yawner teams so they get their primetime slot when no one really watches. Sunday night is now the marquee game. Thurs night isn't really the best ball either. Offenses rarely shine on Thurs. Defenses typically rule. Just play fantasy and watch your skill players under perform on Thursdays. I wish they'd move Thursday or Mondays to Saturday night. College can play all day as a lead in.

3. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    HATE having anyone going on Thursday night games

4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,257
    If I'm not mistaken, when the NFL's anti-trust exemption was last upheld way back when it was with the stipulation that the NFL would not play on Friday or Saturday when the colleges were playing. It's not clear to me what one has to do with the other, but that's my recollection.

Further, regardless of what colleges want us to believe, college football is a semi-professional for-profit endeavor. They like Saturday night TV for the ratings and the $$$.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,221
  6. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    You said it- Sunday is the best night of television and I don't understand why the NFL is competing with that so aggressively. I've got limited DVR capacity, damn it, and I'm not amused.

Somehow, this is Roger Goodell's fault.

7. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +338
    I hope the Packers don't play on Thanksgiving.
    Ever again!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I wonder how many prime time games the Packers will have this season and how many we will get screwed out of too. I always find a way to watch every game during the season, but the more that are televised locally / nationally the better. It really pissed me off when we got a couple of our prime time games changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +219
    Why against the Bills for MNF? I would of much rather to see Pack vs Hawks on MNF and more entertaining game to boot. I seriously doubt the Bills would put up much of a challenge. Are they predicting the Bills to have a bust out year of greatness? Well Their place will be mostly Packer fans so almost another home game.

10. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    And you will... just instead of "MNF" it will be "SNF" & Football Night In America.

11. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I have been hearing that there is a STRONG possibility that the Packers vs. Seachickens will be the game to open up the season. It would be great to finally get the win in Seattle that we got robbed of.

12. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    Would LOVE this!!!

13. steffenmn

steffenmn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Take a-rod off our roster and add him on to the Bills, and you have a superbowl contentor, the only Packers advantage is Aaron, jordy and cobb, besides them i would rather have the Bills roster, no need to pick on them, they just need a qb.

Sendt fra min GT-I9195 med Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,221
    They could have drafted Rodgers if they didn´t trade away their 2005 first round pick to select J.P. Losman the year before.

15. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    Um.. Okedoke. I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,257
    I'm sorry to say it was true last season and remains true.

17. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Couldn't agree more. Not necessarily if Rodgers had a Buffalo uniform on, but without Rodgers on the field and lack of managing a back up QB situation, we saw what GB turned into last year.

Hopefully the draft will plug holes and TT will learn from the last year and have a QB in the wings that can consistently play if needed. Hope to that Rodgers stays healthy.

18. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    Fair enought but thats not what he said... saying the only advantage we have is Aaron, Jordy and Cobb, which is what he said, IMO is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    WOW..... cant fathom how we can even come close to being compared to the Bills. How well have the bills played in the past 10+ years? Oh-yeah, they have not played well since all those years they went to the super bowl and NEVER won with that stacked team they had.

• Old Old x 1
  20. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I was interpreting and commenting on the Hard Right Edge post. Calm down.

21. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    Im calm, wasnt attempting to argue actually just simply stating that to say the only advantage the Packers have is Aaron Jordy and Randall is IMO ridiculous.

22. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    Because Rodgers used his mind to make Cobb run the wrong rout vs. Chicago week 17? John Kuhn was tripped and fell when he cut-blocked Peppers too?

Give me a friggin' break. Rodgers is GREAT and we are VERY LUCKY to have him as our QB. I love him (in the right ways) just as much as the next Packers fan but to claim that is the lone reason for our success is just asinine.

23. steffenmn

steffenmn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't recall me saying he is the only reason we have succes, just that the Bills would be a sb contender with him.
    But, wasn't it evident that they Packers didn't do well with out him? I know we missed a few starters.

Sendt fra min GT-I9195 med Tapatalk

24. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Without #12, GB with their current roster, is at best a respectable team. To think otherwise is asinine.

Rodgers makes everyone better, including his WR's and RB's. Including the defense by keeping them off the field and the special teams because of providing better field position in both the kicking and punting games.

25. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    You guys going to call me a Rodgers apologist or ball licker?