Packers @ Vikings: Who is starting RT?

ColoradoPacker51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morning everyone and happy game day! I see Billy Turner is inactive for the game, who is our starting RT? Is Wagner going to be in there then? Feel like I haven’t heard much on him and his injury recovery as well. Go Pack Go!

D

Deleted member 6794

Morning everyone and happy game day! I see Billy Turner is inactive for the game, who is our starting RT? Is Wagner going to be in there then? Feel like I haven’t heard much on him and his injury recovery as well. Go Pack Go!

Wagner ended up playing 46 snaps on offense after all. It's not a great sign he ended up not starting considering the deal he signed this offseason.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wagner ended up playing 46 snaps on offense after all. It's not a great sign he ended up not starting considering the deal he signed this offseason.

Yeah, count me as one not pleased now, but cannot blame them too much for the signing. Hing-sight is 20/20...but at this point a one or two year deal with Veldheer cheaper would have been better.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, count me as one not pleased now, but cannot blame them too much for the signing. Hing-sight is 20/20...but at this point a one or two year deal with Veldheer cheaper would have been better.

It's possible Veldheer isn't interested in playing though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wagner missed a good portion of camp practices. It may take awhile to get up to full playing speed in this offense. I’m encouraged by the overall offensive line performance seeing that guys were moving around within it due to injuries. No false starts or holding penalties and Rodgers was kept clean. Only two plays for short losses. I’d take that every single week. Kudos to the entire group. Dialing up 43 in week one on the road is no disgrace despite the first quarter red zone failures.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The news that I've seen so far today:

Lane Taylor - done with a season ending knee injury
Lucas Patrick - good news on his shoulder, could be probable for Week 2
Kenny Clark - groin injury, so depending on severity he should be out at least several weeks to let it fully heal

D

Deleted member 6794

Wagner missed a good portion of camp practices. It may take awhile to get up to full playing speed in this offense. I’m encouraged by the overall offensive line performance seeing that guys were moving around within it due to injuries. No false starts or holding penalties and Rodgers was kept clean. Only two plays for short losses. I’d take that every single week. Kudos to the entire group. Dialing up 43 in week one on the road is no disgrace despite the first quarter red zone failures.

Wagner had been practicing for two weeks before the start of the regular season. While in my opinion that should be enough for a veteran to get up to speed it might have factored into him not starting against the Vikings.

I agree the offensive line performed at a high level in week 1, hopefully they will be able to keep it up against better competition.

Now, true...but he openly expressed desire to come back earlier on.

I would definitely be in favor of signing Veldheer as an insurance policy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was pleasantly surprised at the Oline, but then again the Vikings strength on defense last week was the middle in terms of linebackers and safeties. The rest are practically brand new. They may have found some good ones, but it's going to take a few weeks before they all come together. they didn't have to hold up against Joseph, Hunter, and Griffen. Makes a difference.

Latest posts