Packers trade Worthy to Pats

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He was gone next year anyways and he has never really played. A 5th would be great but I am probably being overly optimistic.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had no chance of making our roster anyway.
Letroy Guion might not even make it, and he's better than Worthy.

Worthy has been 100% worthless.
Even before the ACL his rookie year week 17, he didn't do anything.

That we got ANYTHING for the guy at this point, makes me tickled happy inside.
Good job Teddy to salvage anything from that 2nd round bust.

I remember a lot of people were torn at DL between Worthy from M State, or Devon Still from Penn St. He went 2 picks later to Cinci. Not sure how he's done.
I do know LB Lavonte David went a few picks later and he's been fantastic, would have been a huge upgrade over Bradley Jones.
However, David would have torn an ACL had he been on our team.
Or a hamstring as Desmond Bishop did. Actually, Bishop tore his after that 2012 draft, in preseason game 1, so no way Teddy or anyone would have taken an ILB that early anyway.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pennel just got closer to a roster spot, among others.

H

HardRightEdge

It would be a plus is we got anything at all since his odds of making the roster were falling with each passing day. I imagine if he fails a physical any trade would be negated. Could Perry be next?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... and the Pats traded CB Justin Green to the Cowboys for DT Ben Bass. Did NE have 2 deals in the works that both popped at the same time? Was their DL THAT hideous that they needed to bring in 2 new bodies?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

In a rare display of guts , possibly a testosterone bump as a result of his contract extension , Ted Thompson has actually displayed a set of b-lls and traded with another team. Good or bad remains to be seen.

H

HardRightEdge

Was their DL THAT hideous that they needed to bring in 2 new bodies?
Evidently.

"...the Patriots have been without defensive tackles Sealver Siliga (left hand) and Chris Jones (left ankle) in recent practices due to injury. Bass himself is currently working through a hamstring injury.

Health has been a key focus along the Patriots defensive line throughout the offseason, as veterans Vince Wilfork (Achilles) and Tommy Kelly (ACL) are coming back from major injuries, while first-round pick Dominique Easley is still working to get back to 100 percent after an ACL tear during his final college season."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If he gets through his physical good luck in New England, may this mean we'll sign Jolly or something?

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted traded up to get this guy in 2012. Imagine if Ted actually drafted a few guys that produced in the top half of the draft over the past few years. This "in Ted we trust" nonsense doesn't even make sense. Another wasted pick bites the dust, not that it's a bad thing.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted traded up to get this guy in 2012. Imagine if Ted actually drafted a few guys that produced in the top half of the draft over the past few years. This "in Ted we trust" nonsense doesn't even make sense. Another wasted pick bites the dust, not that it's a bad thing.

So you mean if only he picked guys like Lacy, Bahktiari, Cobb, and Hayward?

Tretter is also in the top half and is looking like our future at center. Daniels just misses the top half too.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers, Matthews, Nelson, Hawk, Lacy, Cobb, Hayward. I trust Ted

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Do this present a savings to the cap?

The trade results in the Packers saving $750K towards the cap this season and another $930K for 2015 but results in $330K dead money counting against the cap over both of the next two seasons.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could quadruple that list on the other side of the coin off the top of my head. But, of course, I could add a few names to your list too. I just had a moment of frustration. Every once in awhile my rage returns that has been burning inside since the moment Goodell walked on stage and said the name "Justin Harrell". I've cringed before every pick since that one, and the funny part is, I don't even remember who I wanted in that spot, I may have to Google it.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

If Worthy does not make the Patriots roster , do we have to take him back. Ha, Ha, Ha !
Ted has cap money , what will he do with it ?

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a rare display of guts , possibly a testosterone bump as a result of his contract extension , Ted Thompson has actually displayed a set of b-lls and traded with another team. Good or bad remains to be seen.

It's too bad we don't have a big tough man like you running the show. We'd win a lot more than we have recently without TT stinking it up. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing, whereas guys who make trades all the time win everything.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the by, to my eye Worthy looked like a better fit in a 4-3 anyway.
Agreed 100%. I was never sure how he was supposed to fit in. He's not a two-gapper and he's not really a pass rusher, he's a quick one-gap "disrupter" who beat up on college lines by guessing the snap count and having a great first step. I think both he and Perry would be well served in 4-3 schemes.

Latest posts