Packers trade Jayrone Elliott to Cowboys

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While that's definitely true I don't expect Gunter, who played the most snaps of any cornerback in 2016, to receive significant playing time going forward. The perceived starters in the Packers secondary entering this season didn't play a ton of snaps at the NFL level last season though.

I wasn't just talking starters, I meant top to bottom, this team appears to be much more experienced than the one we initially fielded in 2016. Even if they or a guy like Gunter, doesn't see a lot of playing time, that experience should be beneficial.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I wasn't just talking starters, I meant top to bottom, this team appears to be much more experienced than the one we initially fielded in 2016. Even if they or a guy like Gunter, doesn't see a lot of playing time, that experience should be beneficial.

Well, Davon House is the only cornerback on the roster having more than two years of experience at the NFL level.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well, Davon House is the only cornerback on the roster having more than two years of experience at the NFL level.

Come on Cap.....get on board......Randall and Rollins are both healthy.....this is going to be a shutdown CB group! ;)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Come on Cap.....get on board......Randall and Rollins are both healthy.....this is going to be a shutdown CB group! ;)

I would absolutely love the Packers cornerbacks to turn into an elite group but for some unknown reasons I'm skeptical about that happening. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would absolutely love the Packers cornerbacks to turn into an elite group but for some unknown reasons I'm skeptical about that happening. ;)

I hope we see it on Sunday, but one thing I think these recent signings will do is pump up the players. This isn't TT just trying to shuffle a guy here or there, this is TT making some signings to be better right now! I can only imagine AR's reaction as he sees these things unfold...... #Right Now!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I hope we see it on Sunday, but one thing I think these recent signings will do is pump up the players. This isn't TT just trying to shuffle a guy here or there, this is TT making some signings to be better right now! I can only imagine AR's reaction as he sees these things unfold...... #Right Now!

I definitely like the Packers being more aggressive by bringing in some veteran free agents. It may be surprising to a lot of posters around here that Thompson didn't even jeopardize the team's long term future by making those moves. ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely like the Packers being more aggressive by bringing in some veteran free agents. It may be surprising to a lot of posters around here that Thompson didn't even jeopardize the team's long term future by making those moves. ;)
You're smart enough to know that you're making a false argument. Most TT defenders, including myself, have been adverse to the big FA signings, which do tend to jeopardize a team's long term future.. I think that most rational fans have agreed that TT could bring in more low-to-mid money FAs that don't tie up the cap.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're smart enough to know that you're making a false argument. Most TT defenders, including myself, have been adverse to the big FA signings, which do tend to jeopardize a team's long term future.. I think that most rational fans have agreed that TT could bring in more low-to-mid money FAs that don't tie up the cap.
except ... until now he has done very little of that.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

That's not the way I remember most Thompson defenders around the forum acted when other posters suggested there was a smart way to use free agency. In fact, several of them ridiculed any other fan who dared to criticize the general manager for relying solely on his draft and develop philosophy.

Last edited by a moderator: