Packers trade Jayrone Elliott to Cowboys

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers receive a conditional seventh round pick in 2018 in return for Elliott.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Some tape on Odom if you are interested.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how losing Elliott works out. Can't say he wasn't expendable, but replacing him with Odom, an UDFA from Arkansas State, that was released, isn't really getting me all that excited either.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
At least TT got some return on his "investment".....turning an UDFA into a 7th round pick.....3 years later. :rolleyes:

I think I am more bummed out that we actually participated in a trade with Jerry Jones, guessing TT needed a hot shower and an eye wash after THAT! :whistling:

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how losing Elliott works out. Can't say he wasn't expendable, but replacing him with Odom, an UDFA from Arkansas State, that was released, isn't really getting me all that excited either.
Agreed.
Especially for a 7th round pick in a year where we already have multiple late round picks. I'm not necessarily condoning it, but I would've expected a mid round pick in return

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed.
Especially for a 7th round pick in a year where we already have multiple late round picks. I'm not necessarily condoning it, but I would've expected a mid round pick in return

This seems to be what I can conclude from today in regards to Elliott. He clearly was on the bubble yesterday. TT saw a guy he liked more in Odom, a rookie UDFA, got him and dumped Elliott for what the market would pay when there are a lot of options for players like Elliott probably still out there.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost seems like we want this to not pan out and we don't get the pick

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 7th round pick for a player at a position where our depth is already suspect seems ridiculous to me. I'm sorry

Edit: Didn't see the Odom signing. Still seems like we could have got at least a 6th for Elliott, but apparently Odom was a beast for the Falcons in preseason.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elliott never really put it together for us, and maybe what he really needed was a change of scenery. If that doesn't work, then he's not really cut out for a long term career in the league.

I'll have to do my research on Odom, but based on the production we might've gotten from Elliott, we could do much worse I'm sure.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't see the Elliott trade coming at all. I thought he was a main rotational OLB that was finally getting his shot with more reps. Now we need more out of Fackrell fast. Ahmad Brooks just got a whole lot more important for us. I think Elliott will be a solid Cowboy...Unfortunately!!!

Reaction score
Didn't see the Elliott trade coming at all. I thought he was a main rotational OLB that was finally getting his shot with more reps. Now we need more out of Fackrell fast. Ahmad Brooks just got a whole lot more important for us. I think Elliott will be a solid Cowboy...Unfortunately!!!
So I'm doing the math this week..
We gained +Ahmad Brooks, +Chris Odom and a +conditional 7th rounder in 2018.
We lose -Jayrone Elliott (Whom I agree with PokerBrat that he was probably on the bubble) and pony up -3.5M of cap space.

That seems like a net positive +

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I'm doing the math this week..
We gained +Ahmad Brooks, +Chris Odom and a +conditional 7th rounder in 2018.
We lose -Jayrone Elliott (Whom I agree with PokerBrat that he was probably on the bubble) and pony up -3.5M of cap space.

That seems like a net positive +
I'm counting losing price.... who I would trade Elliott, and Odom to have back right now...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It is the most fan forum thing ever that Brian Price is being talked about like we just cut 24 year old Vince Wilfork. I love it.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't see the point in Trading for a 7th round pick.

We just cut our 5th, 6th and 7th round picks.

Members online

Latest posts