Packers trade Jayrone Elliott to Cowboys

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the most fan forum thing ever that Brian Price is being talked about like we just cut 24 year old Vince Wilfork. I love it.
He was solid depth.
Francois better be good and dependable. Because we need someone to step up in the middle. And I don't want to see both of our good DEs, disappear under two olinemen each. In that horrid 2-4-5

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers didn't even get a Ham sandwich for Sitton last year, 7th rounder is about the best you could expect this time of year for Elliot. Just means they get to make an UDFA a priority and a guarantee in the draft.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Although not that many UDFA's become superstars, I would still love to load up with 5 or more 7th round picks each year. At that point in the draft, you have a long list of guys that will probably end up being undrafted. If you can't grab them with a draft pick, then you are competing against 31 other teams to sign him.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although not that many UDFA's become superstars, I would still love to load up with 5 or more 7th round picks each year. At that point in the draft, you have a long list of guys that will probably end up being undrafted. If you can't grab them with a draft pick, then you are competing against 31 other teams to sign him.
Exactly right. We do exceptionally well with UDFA's and to not have to barter for their services would be an ideal situation. If they flame, you're out a 7th.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He was solid depth.
Francois better be good and dependable. Because we need someone to step up in the middle. And I don't want to see both of our good DEs, disappear under two olinemen each. In that horrid 2-4-5

He's played ten snaps in the NFL. TEN!

I think he had a good camp and is definitely a player worthy of an NFL roster at this point. I had him making the 53 in my own prediction. I'm not trying to run him down. But Ringo was even better and beat him out-- that's the bottom line. And we can just slow down with acting like we know who the kid is 10 snaps into his career. How do you know he is solid depth? At least Dial has played enough to know that he actually is solid depth at this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Exactly right. We do exceptionally well with UDFA's and to not have to barter for their services would be an ideal situation. If they flame, you're out a 7th.
Sometimes UDFA's show off your teams real scouting talent. Everyone knows who the top guys in the draft are going to be and it's the guys well past the 5th round that you start hearing names and say "Who TF is that?". I'm always a bit disappointed when TT trades away those 7th rounders, because I do think they are more valuable than they appear to be.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was solid depth.
Ricky J is a rock solid pro. He's not going to make Pro Bowls, but he's a player. You don't win in this league without guys like RJF. I was excited when Ted brought him in and believe a lot of folks are going to be pleasantly surprised at what he brings to the table.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes UDFA's show off your teams real scouting talent. Everyone knows who the top guys in the draft are going to be and it's the guys well past the 5th round that you start hearing names and say "Who TF is that?". I'm always a bit disappointed when TT trades away those 7th rounders, because I do think they are more valuable than they appear to be.
That's exactly right. It's just like sales. Anyone can take an order but not everyone can sell. The true mark of ones eye for talent is showcased in those late rds and UDFA signings. One of my favorite up and comers is Kentrell and he was an UDFA. To me it also highlights just how special you have to be to make the league. Brice is a freak of an athlete and was passed on 253 times in the draft!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's exactly right. It's just like sales. Anyone can take an order but not everyone can sell. The true mark of ones eye for talent is showcased in those late rds and UDFA signings. One of my favorite up and comers is Kentrell and he was an UDFA. To me it also highlights just how special you have to be to make the league. Brice is a freak of an athlete and was passed on 253 times in the draft!!!
Exactly! Made me think of one of my favorite moments in Seinfeld....LOL

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

It would be nice to get the pick but I would guess the conditions for receiving it are never met.

I don' t have any information on it but I guess there are several examples of the conditions for receiving a draft pick in a trade are met.

Yo @captainWIMM, where are those detsils you promised?

It seems you missed post #4 in this thread.

SHHHH he's asleep. He's about 5 hours ahead. He'll be back about 3am Lambeau time.

FWIW I'm actually seven hours ahead.

I really don't see the point in Trading for a 7th round pick.

We just cut our 5th, 6th and 7th round picks.

There's definitely value in a seventh round pick. While players selected late in the draft don't develop as hoped a lot of times it's possible to find gems there as well.

Exactly right. We do exceptionally well with UDFA's and to not have to barter for their services would be an ideal situation.

It's a myth that the Packers have been more successful than other teams in undrafted free agency during Thompson's tenure.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's definitely value in a seventh round pick. While players selected late in the draft don't develop as hoped a lot of times it's possible to find gems there as well.
I'd rather have keep JE.

I reckon it's due to his injuries, they had to trade him.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'd rather have keep JE.

I reckon it's due to his injuries, they had to trade him.

I guess the Packers traded Elliott because of a lack of production. While he made some impact plays over his time with the team he lacked consistency.

As a side note, Jayrone has to pass a physical with the Cowboys. If he fails to the trade would be voided.

Reaction score
Will try to cheer you up with this news Slacker......in case you didn't see it in my other thread post:

Packers aren't done yet....According to Matt Maiocco of NBC, Quinton Dial is heading to Green Bay on Monday for a visit. This comes on the heels of Dial being released by the 49ers on Saturday.

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Quinton-Dial-to-visit-with-Green-Bay-Packers--106896046
Well it makes sense that there is no better time to land a job than say.. "Labor Day" :whistling:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Proof? And if you say Brice or Allison, then I'll just laugh.
Seriously?? Sam Shields: Pro Bowler. Tramon Williams: Pro Bowler. Cullen Jenkins: Think we get to the SB without big man? Lane Taylor: Stepped right in when Sitton was let go and just got paid.

Laugh all you want about Brice and Allison. You seem to think every player has to be an All Pro or something. There are more than a handful of teams both those guys would start for and I feel both can and will have an impact on this team, this season. I think my work here is done...

G P G

Members online

Latest posts